Top 4 Best Folding Bikes Under £750 (October 2020)
Folding bikes under £750 are extremely well suited for people living in urban environments as they can be easily transported and stored. If your commute involves a bus or a train, or you have to haul your bike into the office, you might want to consider a folding bike. Commuters who opt to ride their bike into work in the city may not have the option of locking up their vehicle on the street.
Many people who ride folding bikes will spring for a carrying case; as well so that the bike can easily be stowed and tucked away while they are at work; making it a much more convenient and secure transportation option. A folding bike has the security benefit that it’s easy to take it inside, and keep under your desk.
The Best Folding Bike Designs
City commuters love the convenience of space-saving folding bikes, but a smooth and easy-to-use folding mechanism can be an investment. Designers have gotten pretty creative with the folding mechanisms they use on folding bikes over the last several years; and you’ll find a wide variety of them while shopping for the right bike.
Mid fold bikes feature a hinge in the center that allows the rider to fold it in half for storage; while triangle fold bikes will feature an additional hinge somewhere on the back that allows the seat and rear wheel to be folded inward. In addition to these two types, there are also breakaway bikes; which involve disassembling various elements of the bike to make it even more compact. Folding bikes are in craze lately because they take up a little space of your garage and can be easily carried around in your car or truck.
Folding Bike Materials & Components
Made with high-quality materials, steel frame folding bikes under £750 can give you a reliable stopping power with disc brakes front and rear. They can let you have perfect control when you ride and offer an easy to fold folding frame. The lightest folding bikes can be carried easily. Many have smaller wheel size to allow the bikes to collapse really tightly. Some have a collapsible seat post and removable front wheel.
Folding bikes range from single speed to the most common 7 speed models and more. They are usually great replacements for road bike journeys where public transport is needed. Bikes that fold away are easy to store away at home, on the train and at the office.
We’ve found all the best folding bikes under £750 and listed them below. We hope you find the right bike for you.
Jannyshop Folding Electric Bike
- ✔ Lightweight Aluminium Alloy Collapsible Frame
- ✔ Max Speed Of Up To 22mph
- ✔ Fully Charged In 3-6 Hours
- ✔ Up To 25 Miles On A Single Charge
The Jannyshop 14″ folding electric bike can be used in two modes. Full Electric and Assisted modes. You can switch at any time via the switch on the handlebars. The Bikes comes with front and rear mudguards as well as front and rear LED lights. the onboard computer display shows a variety of information to the rider including the remaining battery change and current speed.
If you find yourself needing to stop quickly, the front and rear mechanical disc brakes will not let you down. Far more responsive that traditional V brakes, they will hopefully help you get out of any sticky situations you find yourself in.
The 350 watt high speed motor really does pack a punch. You’ll be able to ride with or without pedalling depending on your mood. We think this bike is a winner. A great option for those with the budget to accommodate. Check it out!
“Just as described, quality down to the last nut and bolt.”
“I’m 75 and this is the first time I’ve cycled for 25 years. A new lease of life.”
FIIDO D2S Folding Electric Mountain Bike
- ✔ Front And Rear Mudguards
- ✔ 250W Powerful 36V Motor
- ✔ Strong Rustless Aviation Aluminium Alloy Frame
- ✔ High Quality Front And Rear LEDs For Extra Vision At Night
- Variable Speed Bicycle & rear-shock absorber
- The D2S foldable electric bike with 6 speeds on-demand gets you wherever you need to go with the smooth-shifting indexed SHIMANO derailleur. It’s your best choice for uphill climbing, downhill riding, or pure acceleration. The foldable electric bike add rear-shock absorber for improve riding comfortableness. Adopting brushless and toothed motor, lower power consumption, 20% longer battery life than normal brushless and toothless motor.
- Outstanding Range and Speed
- The foldable electric bike has 250W powerful motor 36V & 7.8Ah lithium lion battery easily help you to drive up to 25km/h. High capacity battery design can ride 40km mileage in pure electric (depending on weight). Three modes of riding [Electric, moped ( power assist system ) and manpower modes] for your different need, it is ideal for getting around the city and short distance travel.
- Perfect for Storage
- Full electric bicycle frame is aviation-aluminium-alloy, strong and rustless. The bicycle is only 19.5KG, maximum load up to 120KG. Smaller after folding three times, foldable electric bike it allows you to simply store inside the tightest of places like compact vehicles, under the desk, on subways, making the bike very manageable when storing (folding size: 75 x 35 x 65 CM).
- Safety Guarantee
- Our folding ebike front and rear fitted with high quality LED lights for night. With USB phone holder, power monitor, speed control in the handle. Adjustable heights of handlebar and saddle for different heights of people. Inflatable 16 inch rubber tire with anti-slip texture, great shockproof effect, giving you a comfortable riding experience in steep roads. Disc-brake also ensure electric bike braking distance is reduced adding to the safety of the rider.
the FIIDO D2S offers excellent strength given by the invoice of the materials used, with aluminium frame and rubber inserts.
In this sense, the seat and the handlebar give excellent feedback. Compared to the past (FIIDO D2), the performance of these last two inserts has been improved with the presence of a more stable handlebar and the addition of a display to replace the ignition key. Despite some improvements, however, the “precariousness” of the hook remains closed to close the hinge of the bike. In general, however, the build quality is to be appreciated and a step above the other e-bikes in this price range.
FIIDO D2S electric bicycle comes with 250W ground-breaking engine offers a quick speed of up to 25km every hour. There are three modes Pure electric mode; Cycling mode; Power help mode. it also has the 7.8AH lithium battery permits 20-35km territory in unadulterated electric mode, 40 – 50km territory by power help mode. FIIDO D2S electric bicycle comes With a USB mount on the handlebar intended for holding your cell phone helpfully. it can be Customisable seat stature suits various riders. The Suspension framework diminishes stun for an agreeable ride. There is 6-level speed move to suit for various street conditions. the design is perfect and made of Aluminium amalgam development for outrageous sturdiness. Max. load: 120kg. The Effective circle brake in both front and back wheels for more secure braking and riding. FIIDO D2S electric bicycle Overly splendid LED fog light and backlight for included wellbeing during the evening. Three stages speedy collapsing, collapsible for simple stockpiling and transport. Perfect for urban, driving, short outing, shopping, and day by day use.
The electric bike FIIDO D2S can count on three different driving modes: assisted, full electric and one that relies totally on human effort. As you may have guessed, the last mode is based only on pedalling and assumes an important value since the bike – unlike its predecessor – offers the Shimano exchange to 6 reports. On the other hand, pedal assistance uses both the motor and the effort made by the user and is recommended when traveling on long, slightly steep sections.
The last mode, the most energy-intensive one, is the full electric which makes full use of the engine to run. In this mode the FIIDO D2S however it differs from other e-bikes, offering three different modes distinguished by the Low, Medium and High buttons. These modes, selectable directly from the handlebar, will allow you to reach some standard speeds and more precisely you will reach a maximum of 10 km / h by setting Low, 15 km / h with Medium and 20 km / h by selecting High.
- Motor power: 250W;
- Maximum speed 25 km / h;
- Built-in 7.800 mAh battery;
- 16 inch tires;
- Three driving modes;
- Shimano 6-speed gearbox;
- LED front light;
- Aluminum alloy frame;
- Supported weight: 120 kg;
- Bike weight 19 kg;
- 135 dimensions x 40 x 110 cm;
- Front / rear disc brake;
- Rear shock absorber.
FIIDO D3 Folding Electric Bike
- ✔ Lightweight Aluminium Frame
- ✔ 250W Electric Motor
- ✔ Mechanical Disc Brakes
- ✔ 3 Riding Modes, Full Electric, Assisted And Manual
The handle bar is made from aluminium alloy. This makes the bike light weight yet remain very sturdy.
- Net Weight: 36.3lb
- Tyres: 14inch
- Max Load: 240lb
- Adjustable Saddle Tube :70-105cm
- Adjustable Handlebar: 95-110cm
Intelligent Cycling Model
Switch easily between the 3 cycling modes. Full electric, assisted electric and fully manual. When turn the throttle on, it’s automatically in pure electric mode, as well as when turn the throttle off and step the pedals, it’s in assisted mode. The assisted riding speed may be affected by the rider’s weight, environment and road conditions.
Brake & Gear Shift System
The FIIDO D3 folding electric bike has a 12Tooth Gearing system, a 3-speed assistant powered shift, 52-tooth chain set and the perfect brakes fully protect your safety. The horn and the bright LED headlamp are equipped for night riding.
The folding design can bring you a lot of convenience. The one-piece forged quick folding mechanism can be easily collapsed and folded by unlocking the automatic locking insurance mechanism, which is great for daytime storage at the bottom of the office or under the stairs. The whole bike, when folded can even be placed in the boot of a car.
We really like this bike It’s the 3rd Fiido we’ve reviewed and honestly we love them all. Check it out.
MINI Cooper Folding Bike
- ✔ Lightweight Aluminium Frame
- ✔ 8 Speed Shimano Acera Gearing
- ✔ Teflon Coated Chain
- ✔ Official Mini Wing Logo On Frame
This folding bike combines comfort and style. The lightweight features an aluminium frame, an 8- speed Shimano Acera shift system, 20-inch wheels and a dirt-repellent Teflon®-coated chain. It can be folded in seconds and is easy to transport or store. A matt Dark Grey design with real leather saddle and handles and a Silver MINI Wing Logo on the crossbar make this bike a very cool urban companion.
- Colour: Dark Grey
- Aluminium, stainless steel
- Lightweight aluminium frame in matt Dark Grey
- Innovative and simple folding technology
- 8-speed Shimano Acera
- Dirt-repellent, Teflon®-coated chain
- 20 inch wheels
- Leather saddle and handles
- Silver MINI Wing Logo on frame
- Made in Czech Republic
- Dimensions: 150 x 110 x 60 cm; folded: 85 x 65 x 30 cm
The Mini Cooper is quite compact after being folded and it weighs less than 25 lbs, so it is fairly easy to carry anywhere or stow away in a car trunk.
The bike is equipped with 8 gears and 20-inch wheels, so it is quite comfortable and fast as compared to other folding bikes. The 8-speed drivetrain could help me tackle low hills easily. The Mini folding bike is a great choice, especially when you already have a Mini Cooper car. Even when you don’t have a car, it is still among the best folding bike for multimodal commuting. Moreover, it is a chance to own something from the most well-known small car maker in the world.