GUNAI Folding Electric Mountain Bike Review (August 2020)
GUNAI Folding Electric Mountain Bike
- ✔ Dual Hydraulic Disc Brakes
- ✔ LCD Display With Night Mode For Visibility At Night
- ✔ 4" Fat Tyres
- ✔ Three Working Modes. Twist Throttle, Power Assist Or Pedal Only
- Twist throttle（22-27miles)
- Power assisted （27-50 miles)
- Pedal only
- You can enjoy a long time trip with any mode according to your needs, combining three modes would be a better choice.
- 26 x 4.0inch FAT TIRES EBIKE: Tackle the tough the sand, snow or road with ease.
- Aluminium Alloy Frame
- Full Suspension Fork, offers smooth cushioning and shock absorption when cycling on rough terrains, enjoying the stimulate during your ride.
- The Display With Night Mode LCD Ensure Visibility At Night And Shows Mileage and Speed and Battery Level and Recommend You When you need to prepare for The Next Charging.
- DUAL HYDRAULIC DISC BRAKES: It can conquer all terrains like off road with comfortable riding experience. And when you brake, the power will automatically cut off.
- One-year warranty for the electric motor, frame and six-months for the battery.
GUNAI E-Bike, It has an aluminium frame with a front suspension fork. The 1000 Watt motor that is powered by the 48V battery provides enough power to keep you can travel a distance of 70-90 miles under full electric power and has a speed of up to 45km/h. 4″ tires help tackle the tough the sand, snow or road with ease. To top it all off, the overall design is stylish.
The batteries can be charged directly on the bike or disassembled to charge.Just 4 quick and easy steps to dismount the bike battery. Equipped with a smart lithium battery charger, fast charge of 5 hours, it adapts to the needs of your long distance trip.
- Open folding buckle
- Insert the key
- Turn the key counterclockwise, let the lock loop protrude and retract inside the car hose
- The battery could be removed by removing the key
The manpower mode and the electric mode can easily tackle the uphill and downhill at variable speed. Shimano 21-speed professional transmission system for more gear changes in different road conditions. The SHIMANO series developed from driving behavior has demonstrated its commitment to the test of time. Even in professional accessories, it always shows its quality and durability. The folding design is practical and saves space. It can be placed in the trunk of the car and is perfect for traveling.
We love this bike, it’s a real ‘jack of all trades’ the fact we’re able to present a mountain bike that is semi-electric (as in you can turn it off if you choose to) and folds up to a size that you could fit it in the boot of your car is pretty impressive. What’s even better is the fact that almost every component on the Gunai Electric Mountain Bike is premium quality. The ‘fat tyres’ are perfect for those who want to take this bike off road. Once you get onto uneven terrain you’ll be thankful that the Gunai has a full suspension system including the rear four-bar aluminium alloy shock absorber.
This bike comes with built in LED headlights that really do pierce through the darkness giving the rider a clear view of the path ahead. These LEDs are listed as waterproof although we haven’t had the bike long enough to test the longevity of these lights. We’ve reviewed previous customer feedback and there is not mention of any problems with the LEDs so we’re confident they’re perfectly fine.
When you look at the rest of the bikes components it’s easy to believe that the LEDs are also of the highest quality.
We have however seen some feedback that the instructions are a little sketchy but given enough time you should be able to make sense of the folding mechanism.
Here are some of the key points made by current owners of this folding electric mountain bike.
“This thing is a great deal of fun to ride, and looks absolutely ridiculous.”
“It came with a lock for the seat which is handy and unexpected.”
“What a fantastic bike probably over kill for what I need but no doubt will use it more for other things.”
“Tackled the muddy conditions and hills no problem.”
“Did turn off battery for a bit otherwise I would not have done any exercise.”
“my only complaint is the instructions are a JOKE very poor.”
“Very strong and beautiful bike.”
“Great bike great fun, just no instruction. My husband using it every day for work and loves it.”
“The Bike is very well made. Very good ride, very good brakes.”