Top 10 Best Folding Bikes On The Market (September 2020)
Folding bikes are extremely well suited for people living in urban environments as they can be easily transported and stored. If your commute involves a bus or a train, or you have to haul your bike into the office, you might want to consider a folding bike. Commuters who opt to ride their bike into work in the city may not have the option of locking up their vehicle on the street.
Many people who ride folding bikes will spring for a carrying case; as well so that the bike can easily be stowed and tucked away while they are at work; making it a much more convenient and secure transportation option. A folding bike has the security benefit that it’s easy to take it inside, and keep under your desk.
The Best Folding Bike Designs
City commuters love the convenience of space-saving folding bikes, but a smooth and easy-to-use folding mechanism can be an investment. Designers have gotten pretty creative with the folding mechanisms they use on folding bikes over the last several years; and you’ll find a wide variety of them while shopping for the right bike.
Mid fold bikes feature a hinge in the center that allows the rider to fold it in half for storage; while triangle fold bikes will feature an additional hinge somewhere on the back that allows the seat and rear wheel to be folded inward. In addition to these two types, there are also breakaway bikes; which involve disassembling various elements of the bike to make it even more compact. Folding bikes are in craze lately because they take up a little space of your garage and can be easily carried around in your car or truck.
Folding Bike Materials & Components
Made with high-quality materials, steel frame folding bikes can give you a reliable stopping power with disc brakes front and rear. They can let you have perfect control when you ride and offer an easy to fold folding frame. The lightest folding bikes can be carried easily. Many have smaller wheel size to allow the bikes to collapse really tightly. Some have a collapsible seat post and removable front wheel.
Folding bikes range from single speed to the most common 7 speed models and more. They are usually great replacements for road bike journeys where public transport is needed. Bikes that fold away are easy to store away at home, on the train and at the office.
We’ve found all the best folding bikes and listed them below. We hope you find the right bike for you.
Extrbici XF500 Electric Folding Bike
- ✔ Light Aluminium Frame
- ✔ 250 Watt 48V Brushless Hub Motor
- ✔ 48V 10AH Internal Lithium Battery
- ✔ 7 Speed Shimano TX500 Shifting Gear
We really do love the Extrbici XF500 Electric Folding Bike. It is truly the best folding bike we’ve tested, the added benefit of it being electric means you can take it easy and turn up to work without the obligatory sweat marks and post gym smell.
The Extrbici XF500 Electric Folding Bike is a fantastic commuters bike. It folds down nice and small allowing for easy public transportation and storage. All in all a very strong second place for the Extrbici XF500.
The Extrbici XF500 electric folding bike has a 20 inch /50cm 6061 aluminium light frame. It is easy to fold from the middle of the bike, and there is a quick release for convenience to fold and install.
It can support a weight of 150kg（330lbs). You can store it in your car trunk if you want to carry it to a far place.
It has 48V 10AH inside frame lithium battery. The battery is concealed in a sealed frame, which looks perfect and simple, same as other foldable bikes. The longest distances this bike can run are over 60KMS in full electricity. The charging time is 5-7 hours from empty to full.
The Extrbici XF500 electric folding bike features a 7-Speed shimano TX500 shifting gear, smooth and precise shifting as you like. It is designed with high strength carbon steel front fork, top grade lockout suspension fork with bicycle headlight and horn. With the aluminium alloy mechanical disc brakes, you will never worry about safety issues.
The bike is 90% pre-assembled when delivering. It has a 1 year warranty on battery, motor and frame. Any problems about the bike, just contact the dealers and they will help you at the fastest time.
The parcel includes the battery, lock, pump, a repaired tool. The Extrbici XF500 electric folding bike is legal by UK standard so you can rest assured you’re able to use this in the UK.
Extrbici XF500 Electric Folding Bike Pros:
- Well packaged in a strong cardboard box, delivered promptly and well secured.
- With the Extrbici XF500 electric folding bike, most of the assembly had been done.
- Great bike which makes riding almost effortless.
- The battery is removable for charging, or you also can charge it directly.
GUNAI Folding Electric Mountain Bike
- ✔ Dual Hydraulic Disc Brakes
- ✔ LCD Display With Night Mode For Visibility At Night
- ✔ 4" Fat Tyres
- ✔ Three Working Modes. Twist Throttle, Power Assist Or Pedal Only
- Twist throttle（22-27miles)
- Power assisted （27-50 miles)
- Pedal only
- You can enjoy a long time trip with any mode according to your needs, combining three modes would be a better choice.
- 26 x 4.0inch FAT TIRES EBIKE: Tackle the tough the sand, snow or road with ease.
- Aluminium Alloy Frame
- Full Suspension Fork, offers smooth cushioning and shock absorption when cycling on rough terrains, enjoying the stimulate during your ride.
- The Display With Night Mode LCD Ensure Visibility At Night And Shows Mileage and Speed and Battery Level and Recommend You When you need to prepare for The Next Charging.
- DUAL HYDRAULIC DISC BRAKES: It can conquer all terrains like off road with comfortable riding experience. And when you brake, the power will automatically cut off.
- One-year warranty for the electric motor, frame and six-months for the battery.
GUNAI E-Bike, It has an aluminium frame with a front suspension fork. The 1000 Watt motor that is powered by the 48V battery provides enough power to keep you can travel a distance of 70-90 miles under full electric power and has a speed of up to 45km/h. 4″ tires help tackle the tough the sand, snow or road with ease. To top it all off, the overall design is stylish.
The batteries can be charged directly on the bike or disassembled to charge.Just 4 quick and easy steps to dismount the bike battery. Equipped with a smart lithium battery charger, fast charge of 5 hours, it adapts to the needs of your long distance trip.
- Open folding buckle
- Insert the key
- Turn the key counterclockwise, let the lock loop protrude and retract inside the car hose
- The battery could be removed by removing the key
The manpower mode and the electric mode can easily tackle the uphill and downhill at variable speed. Shimano 21-speed professional transmission system for more gear changes in different road conditions. The SHIMANO series developed from driving behavior has demonstrated its commitment to the test of time. Even in professional accessories, it always shows its quality and durability. The folding design is practical and saves space. It can be placed in the trunk of the car and is perfect for traveling.
We love this bike, it’s a real ‘jack of all trades’ the fact we’re able to present a mountain bike that is semi-electric (as in you can turn it off if you choose to) and folds up to a size that you could fit it in the boot of your car is pretty impressive. What’s even better is the fact that almost every component on the Gunai Electric Mountain Bike is premium quality. The ‘fat tyres’ are perfect for those who want to take this bike off road. Once you get onto uneven terrain you’ll be thankful that the Gunai has a full suspension system including the rear four-bar aluminium alloy shock absorber.
This bike comes with built in LED headlights that really do pierce through the darkness giving the rider a clear view of the path ahead. These LEDs are listed as waterproof although we haven’t had the bike long enough to test the longevity of these lights. We’ve reviewed previous customer feedback and there is not mention of any problems with the LEDs so we’re confident they’re perfectly fine.
When you look at the rest of the bikes components it’s easy to believe that the LEDs are also of the highest quality.
We have however seen some feedback that the instructions are a little sketchy but given enough time you should be able to make sense of the folding mechanism.
Here are some of the key points made by current owners of this folding electric mountain bike.
“This thing is a great deal of fun to ride, and looks absolutely ridiculous.”
“It came with a lock for the seat which is handy and unexpected.”
“What a fantastic bike probably over kill for what I need but no doubt will use it more for other things.”
“Tackled the muddy conditions and hills no problem.”
“Did turn off battery for a bit otherwise I would not have done any exercise.”
“my only complaint is the instructions are a JOKE very poor.”
“Very strong and beautiful bike.”
“Great bike great fun, just no instruction. My husband using it every day for work and loves it.”
“The Bike is very well made. Very good ride, very good brakes.”
RICH BIT RT860 Folding Electric Mountain Bike
- ✔ A Really Cool Colour Scheme
- ✔ Rear Luggage Rack
- ✔ High Performance Mechanical Disc Brakes
- ✔ Up To 22 Miles Battery Range
- Recommended Rider-Height: 165Cm–190Cm // 5’5″-6’3″, Max Weight Support150Kg 330 Lbs
- Motor: 250W 36V Brushless Motor. Max Speed: About 35Km / H. Battery Capacity: 36V 12.8Ah . Battery Mileage 35-45 (Full Electric Mode). 45-65 (Pedal Assist Mode). Battery Life Over 500 Times Recharge Cycle
- Three Cycling Modes:Full Electric Mode: The Right Handlebar Has The Throttle.You Can Easily Drive The E Bike Pedal Assistance Mode: You Can Save 70% Of Your Effortfull Power-Down Mode: Like A Bicycle, You Must Make The Bike By Pedaling Forward
The Richbit RT-860 is a folding electric bike with the battery concealed within the frame. It has 21 speed Shimano gears and an LCD screen displaying speed and battery remaining. Either charge the battery unit while it is in the frame or remove it for added convenience.
There are disc brakes and an LED front light. Dock and charge your mobile on the go with the integrated handlebar mounted phone grip. The Richbit RT-860 can support riders weighing up to 185kg, with a height between 165 cms and 190cms.
When folded the bike measures a compact 86 cm x 102 cms.
It аlѕо hаѕ exceptional rаnge per сhаrgе аllоwіng уоu tо trаvеrѕе trails аnуwhеrе bеtwееn 18 аnd 22 miles lоng wіthоut once hаvіng to роwеr uр аgаіn. Thіѕ mеаnѕ that you hаvе thе rаngе to go аnуwhеrе and do аnуthіng you lіkе all wіth the аѕѕіѕtаnсе оf thе еlесtrіс motor alone.
Not оnlу that but thе роwеrful ebike motor іnѕіdе thе Richbit RT-860 is also capable of tаkіng you thеrе with a tор speed оf 31 mіlеѕ реr hour. Pоwеrful аnd еlеgаnt made in a luxurу ѕtуlе frоm a lightweight аlumіnium аllоу, thе Richbit RT-860 is one оf thе absolute best mountain еbіkеѕ thаt RісhBіt has еvеr рrоduсеd.
HIKING BK Folding Bike
- ✔ Lightweight Aluminium Frame
- ✔ 6 Speed Shimano Gear System
- ✔ Folded Size: H-20" L-29" W-15"
- ✔ Comes With A Kickstand
This Lovely Lightweight Aluminium Hiking BK Folding Bike is an ideal companion for your life. It is easy to carry about, and everything in one box weighs just about 18 kg. The bike is really easy for anyone to fold up; and it does not take you more than 1 minute to do it after the first time. This Little Lovely Bike Has Sturdy Thick & Long Seat Post, and this makes it suitable for short as well as tall riders. The Frame Material is made of High Carbon steel and the brake type features a front and rear mechanical disc brakes.
The Hiking BK folding bike has a Net Weight of 13kg and a load capacity of 100kg. The body length is 1.2m and Time Period is 15 seconds. Driver’s Height is around 120cm-180cm and the foot type is normal pedal. The bike has a 16 Inch (Short Ride) Rim Size.
The overall size of the bike is 105x125cm (41x49inch). The lightweight aluminium frame folds in seconds and is easy to carry so you’ll never have need to leave it outside. There is a 6 Speed Shimano Gear System, a folded size of H- 20 “, l-29”, w-15” and a weight of 18kg (Lightweight).
Also there is an all light weight aluminium alloy-frame, Handlebar, Stem, Seat post, Kickstand, Head set, Front & rear hub, Crank set, V-style brakes, Front and rear fenders and more.
HIKING BK Folding Bike Pro:
- The best easy commuting bike on roads
- Easy to stow the handlebars away
- Ultra-light material design
Shengmilo MX01 Electric Folding Mountain Bike
- ✔ Front And Rear Mechanical Disc Brakes
- ✔ Monster 1000W Brushless Motor
- ✔ Between 35 And 55 Miles On A Single Charge
- ✔ Lightweight Aluminium Alloy Frame
- BATTERY: 48V & 13Ah lithium-ion battery with bicycle frame hidden, perfectly integrated, easy to charge and release, easy to cycle
- 48V 1000W MOTOR: Our motorised bike with a 48V battery and a 1000 watt motor, you can reach about 50 miles to recharge once.
- THREE DRIVING MODES: pure battery electric bicycle, electric bicycle, human pedal bicycle.If there is no electricity in the electric bicycle, you can use the pedals to ride the bicycle. In the case of electric self-powered, the speed can be increased by the pedals
- SHOCK ABSORPTION FUNCTION: The electric bicycle has FULL shock absorption function. There is no pressure when driving a bumpy road. The body of the electric bicycle is made of aluminium alloy.
- FOLDING DESIGN & ZERO EMISSIONS: Our aluminium folding bicycle frame can accommodate riders up to 180kg. And the eco-friendly e-bike is 100% electric and emission-free, saving both your wallet and the environment
Shengmilo is based on green travel and fitness. Shengmilo is practical, smart and practical, with a focus on comfort and style. The MX01 electric bicycle is designed with an all-aluminum frame, built-in battery, battery can be charged in the car, or the battery can be used. Take it down and charge it. Taiwan factory custom leather fully adjustable saddle is better ergonomic, with rechargeable taillights, safer riding at night.
Here is a collection of current customer reviews to give you a sense of how well the Shengmilo MX01 has been received.
“The bike is absolutely fantastic this is the first e bike I’ve ever had and love it takes the effort out of biking so glad I purchased it.”
“Initially bigger and heavier than expected. However after only 3 outings absolutely fantastic possibilities.”
“Very pleased with our purchase, We are over 60 and find them incredibly useful and exciting.”
“Very well made good strong bike very easy to put together.”
eelo 1885 Folding Electric Bike
- ✔ Front And Rear Disc Brakes
- ✔ Partnered With LG To Produce Fantastic Battery Performance
- ✔ Thumb Throttle Control
- ✔ LCD Display Shows Current Speed, Battery Status and Outside Temperature
- PERFECT FOR STORAGE: The folding frame allows you to simply store the bike in the tightest of places like under a work desk, boot of a car or even into a carry bag when not in use, making the bike very managable when storing. The frame is aluminium keeping the bike incredibly lightweight at only 16.5kg. Folded Size: 60cm x 38cm x 58cm.
- IMPROVED BATTERY PERFORMANCE: Our partnership with LG has lead to the development of Advanced Battery Management which intelligently protects the battery from over strain when cycling up hill or into strong winds.The battery sits in the central top tube which protects the battery and will make charging far easier than most electric bikes. This in turn preserves the battery life much longer than most electric bikes. Our battery is capable of charging in 4-6 hours and can last up to 40 miles.
- THUMB THROTTLE CONTROL: Giving the rider complete control over how much assistance they want from the battery. The rider can choose to have very little assistance or can let the battery do all the work giving the cyclist a effortless ride without having to change gears, and reach up to 15mph.
- MULTIFUNCTIONAL LCD DISPLAY: Designed to keep the rider aware of their current speed, current battery status and the outside temperature. The back-lit display has also been designed to be completely waterproof.
- SAFETY IN MIND: Our eelo bikes all come fitted with high quality LED lights for night riding safety. Disc brakes also ensure bikes braking distance is reduced adding to the safety of the rider.
The ideal choice for the train commuter, caravanner, boating enthusiast or those that want to pop it into the car boot and take off to the countryside for the day.
The brushless 250W Motor and the EELO Intelligent Controller give the most responsive and energy efficient ride experience. All EELO e-bikes can comfortably take you up any hill and make riding easy against strong winds. All motors are completely maintenance free. For the added protection of your electric bicycle, EELO e-bikes are equipped with an advanced battery management system. The E-BMS intelligently monitors and protects your battery and motor to prevent damage caused by overstrain. Recently EELO have partnered with LG to provide even better battery quality and performance.
For those who want the convenience of a folding bike but don’t want to be without the assistance of electric power, here is the 1885 from Eelo. Two main points are likely to draw a buyer towards the Eelo — its cheapness and its lightness. Folding bikes will always feature some sort of compromise in terms of geometry, and the 14in Eelo is a classic example. Its wheelbase, for example, is a full 7.5in shorter than that of a Brompton folder, while its chainstays are so small that a rider is placed almost directly over the rear hub.
This lightweight bike is designed with ultra-smart alloy wheels, vented disc brakes and on-board computer with controls to operate essential LEDs kept within reach. Quick and effortless to set up in less than 30 seconds, it’s perfect for quick rides and commuting. The alloy wheels add an extra layer of confidence as they keep punctures at bay whilst the front and back brake pads offer supreme quality as you ride with no fussy cables.
Here are some previous customer remarks that might help you make up your mind.
“Excellent piece of kit. Does what it says on the description.”
“Just push a button to change the gears up or down.”
“Completed our needs for a foldable, electric bike to keep in our touring caravan.”
“This is a really great little bike.”
“A wonderful bicycle done over 2 hundred miles on it i the last 3 week with no problems.”
“It folds really small, seems sturdy, goes well. Really pleased with it.”
FIIDO D2S Folding Electric Mountain Bike
- ✔ Front And Rear Mudguards
- ✔ 250W Powerful 36V Motor
- ✔ Strong Rustless Aviation Aluminium Alloy Frame
- ✔ High Quality Front And Rear LEDs For Extra Vision At Night
- Variable Speed Bicycle & rear-shock absorber
- The D2S foldable electric bike with 6 speeds on-demand gets you wherever you need to go with the smooth-shifting indexed SHIMANO derailleur. It’s your best choice for uphill climbing, downhill riding, or pure acceleration. The foldable electric bike add rear-shock absorber for improve riding comfortableness. Adopting brushless and toothed motor, lower power consumption, 20% longer battery life than normal brushless and toothless motor.
- Outstanding Range and Speed
- The foldable electric bike has 250W powerful motor 36V & 7.8Ah lithium lion battery easily help you to drive up to 25km/h. High capacity battery design can ride 40km mileage in pure electric (depending on weight). Three modes of riding [Electric, moped ( power assist system ) and manpower modes] for your different need, it is ideal for getting around the city and short distance travel.
- Perfect for Storage
- Full electric bicycle frame is aviation-aluminium-alloy, strong and rustless. The bicycle is only 19.5KG, maximum load up to 120KG. Smaller after folding three times, foldable electric bike it allows you to simply store inside the tightest of places like compact vehicles, under the desk, on subways, making the bike very manageable when storing (folding size: 75 x 35 x 65 CM).
- Safety Guarantee
- Our folding ebike front and rear fitted with high quality LED lights for night. With USB phone holder, power monitor, speed control in the handle. Adjustable heights of handlebar and saddle for different heights of people. Inflatable 16 inch rubber tire with anti-slip texture, great shockproof effect, giving you a comfortable riding experience in steep roads. Disc-brake also ensure electric bike braking distance is reduced adding to the safety of the rider.
the FIIDO D2S offers excellent strength given by the invoice of the materials used, with aluminium frame and rubber inserts.
In this sense, the seat and the handlebar give excellent feedback. Compared to the past (FIIDO D2), the performance of these last two inserts has been improved with the presence of a more stable handlebar and the addition of a display to replace the ignition key. Despite some improvements, however, the “precariousness” of the hook remains closed to close the hinge of the bike. In general, however, the build quality is to be appreciated and a step above the other e-bikes in this price range.
FIIDO D2S electric bicycle comes with 250W ground-breaking engine offers a quick speed of up to 25km every hour. There are three modes Pure electric mode; Cycling mode; Power help mode. it also has the 7.8AH lithium battery permits 20-35km territory in unadulterated electric mode, 40 – 50km territory by power help mode. FIIDO D2S electric bicycle comes With a USB mount on the handlebar intended for holding your cell phone helpfully. it can be Customisable seat stature suits various riders. The Suspension framework diminishes stun for an agreeable ride. There is 6-level speed move to suit for various street conditions. the design is perfect and made of Aluminium amalgam development for outrageous sturdiness. Max. load: 120kg. The Effective circle brake in both front and back wheels for more secure braking and riding. FIIDO D2S electric bicycle Overly splendid LED fog light and backlight for included wellbeing during the evening. Three stages speedy collapsing, collapsible for simple stockpiling and transport. Perfect for urban, driving, short outing, shopping, and day by day use.
The electric bike FIIDO D2S can count on three different driving modes: assisted, full electric and one that relies totally on human effort. As you may have guessed, the last mode is based only on pedalling and assumes an important value since the bike – unlike its predecessor – offers the Shimano exchange to 6 reports. On the other hand, pedal assistance uses both the motor and the effort made by the user and is recommended when traveling on long, slightly steep sections.
The last mode, the most energy-intensive one, is the full electric which makes full use of the engine to run. In this mode the FIIDO D2S however it differs from other e-bikes, offering three different modes distinguished by the Low, Medium and High buttons. These modes, selectable directly from the handlebar, will allow you to reach some standard speeds and more precisely you will reach a maximum of 10 km / h by setting Low, 15 km / h with Medium and 20 km / h by selecting High.
- Motor power: 250W;
- Maximum speed 25 km / h;
- Built-in 7.800 mAh battery;
- 16 inch tires;
- Three driving modes;
- Shimano 6-speed gearbox;
- LED front light;
- Aluminum alloy frame;
- Supported weight: 120 kg;
- Bike weight 19 kg;
- 135 dimensions x 40 x 110 cm;
- Front / rear disc brake;
- Rear shock absorber.
BIKFUN Folding Electric Mountain Bike
- ✔ Front And Rear Mechanical Disc Brakes
- ✔ Bright LED Headlights And Horn
- ✔ Compact and Lightweight Foldable Bike
- ✔ Arrives 85% Assembled
- Three Modes to Meet Diverse Needs: There are three working modes, among which are normal mode, electric mode and power assistance mode. The modes can be switched at any time and just enjoy your trip with your mind.
- More Flexible Design: Compact and lightweight, this lovely bike is foldable and can be taken away after folding and put in the trunk of a car. Adjustable handlebars and saddle heights suitable for different heights of people.Battery can be removed for easy charging. The bright LED headlights and horn are ideal for night cycling.
- Brake and Gear Shift System: Electric folding bike is equipped with mechanical disc brakes on the front and rear, and that features it perfect climbing ability and high shock absorption, and achieve fast braking once you press the brake.
- Battery and Motor System with High Performance: The 36V / 7.8Ah lithium battery is equipped with an intelligent charger, and your bike will be full of energy by chargeing only for 4 to 6 hours; 250W high speed gear motor with lower power consumption could able to reach a speed up to 25 km/h.
- Installation and Customer Service: This ebike achieves 85% of assembly. Fast delivery allows you to get your loved bike as soon as possible. The main electrical devices, e.g. batteries and electric motor, are guaranteed for one year. And you are welcome to contact us if you have any problems!
The BIKFUN Folding Electric Mountain Bike has an approximate radius of 15 to 30 miles on a full charge and can reach a top speed of 15mph. The 36V 8Ah lithium battery is removable and takes approximately 4 to 6 hours to fully charge. The lithium battery powers a 250W brushless high speed geared motor that previous customers have described as ‘silent’ which is great because no one wants a constant ‘moped’ noise while they’re out and about.
The bike folds away for easy storage or transportation. We think this is a great bike and is cheaper than many of the competitors that have similar features. Well worth considering.
Ecosmo 20 Folding Bike
- ✔ Lightweight Aluminium Frame
- ✔ 7 Speed Shimano Gears
- ✔ Patented Folding Lock
- ✔ Alloy rear rack
The Ecosmo 20 Folding Bike was very first folding bike we reviewed. It’s a very sturdy folding bike which offers a storage rail at the rear allowing for small luggage transportation. Not quite podium potential due to the more expensive bikes offering more comfort and technology however well worth considering.
- Lightweight Alluminium Frame, bike only 12Kg
- 7 Speed SHIMANO Gears
- Adjustable handlebar & stem
- Patented Folding Lock,Super safe and convenient!!
- Folding Pedals, Alloy rear rack, Alloy Crank
The Ecosmo folding bike is hugely popular and rightly so. It offers commuters a usable mode of transportation while allowing for simple storage once at work. This lovely lightweight alloy folding bike is an ideal companion for your life. The Ecosmo is easy to carry weighing in at just 12 Kg. It is also really easy to fold up taking no more than a reported 1 minute to do it after you get the hang of it. This compact folding bike has sturdy, long seat post, so it is suitable for short and tall riders.
This quality folding bike is an ideal companion for your life. It offers families with enjoyments and mobility in a high level. Everything in one box weighs just 18 Kg. Really easy to fold up, and it takes you no more than 2 minute to do it after you get used to the process, you’ll easily fit this bike inside your car boot.
Small & Compact
When compact this bike takes up 87cm(L) 39cm(W) 60cm(H), this allows you to store it in places you couldn’t even consider for a standard bike.
Ecosmo Folding Bike Summary
A great modern bike that takes full advantage of the technology available. It will transform the way you commute to work, or simply transport your bike. Whether you choose to get on a bus, train or in a car with it, life with a folding bike will prove to be much simpler than a standard bike. Although these benefits do come at a price. The smaller wheels, less road comfort all are factors to consider when you decide for or against a folding bike. The Ecosmo is the obvious choice if you do choose a folding bike over a conventional one.
FIIDO M1 Electric Mountain Bike
- ✔ LED Screen Ensures Nighttime Visibility
- ✔ Fat 4" Tyres Give This Mountain Bike Great Off Road Grip
- ✔ 250W Motor
- ✔ 7 Speed Professional Transmission System
Dual Shock Absorption Structure
equipped with cst20 * 4.0 tires,52 tooth chain disk and Shimano 7-speed transmission with good shock absorption effect and riding stability.
Built-in detachable rechargeable, a large battery capacity of 12.5ah at most, with a long endurance.
Three Riding Modes
Pure electric mode, riding mode, and electric power-assisted mode. When the accelerator is turned, it is automatically electric mode; without the fuel gate, stepping on the pedal is electric power-assisted mode.
The body is made of high-strength aluminum alloy, light and rust-free; the body supports folding in half, which is suitable for most of the car’s back-up carriages.
250W Brushless Motor
lower power consumption, 20% stronger endurance and larger starting torque.
Dual Disc Brake
Front and rear dual disc brake, more stable and effective brake.
Fiido is based in Shenzhen, China and is a relatively new name in electric bikes. The M1 is the only full-suspension model aimed at off-road riding.
That should be obvious from the seriously wide four-inch tyres, though their thickness is accentuated because these are 20in wheels, not the 26- or 29in rims you typically find on mountain bikes. So the M1 is an unusual beast. It’s a folding, electric bike with compact wheels that has proper off-road aspirations.
When folded, the M1 measures 960x790x450mm. So it is no Brompton. It isn’t trying to be a Brompton, to be fair to Fiido, and the mere fact that it folds makes it a lot easier to get it into your car, or on a train. The handlebars and pedals fold, too, and there’s a built-in stand beneath the crank which keeps the bike upright when folded.
More on that shortly, but the battery itself has a larger-than-average capacity of 12.5Ah. Compare that to the 8.8Ah battery supplied as standard with the Carrera Vengeance-E. Bigger batteries take longer to recharge, and from empty you’ll be waiting about 8-9 hours for the M1’s to reach 100%.
You can remove the battery when the bike is folded for charging separate to the bike. The key is required to remove it, as well as for turning on the ignition: the electronics will not power on unless you insert the key and turn it to the correct position.
Fiido claims a range of up to 100km which is almost certainly unobtainable, even in the perfect test conditions it specifies for this figure. A more realistic real-world range for road riding is around 40-60km / 30-40 miles, so long as you are pedalling the whole time. Expect around half of that for off road, which is much tougher.
Given the weight and fat tyres, the M1 is surprisingly sprightly. The motor offers a good amount of torque and easily propels you up hills. I say you, but what I really mean is me, and I weigh slightly less than the 70kg Fiido uses for the maximum range calculations.
It’s also supremely good fun to ride off road: not necessarily for actual mountain biking, but for woodland trails and any surface that isn’t tarmac. If you want a bike mainly for road riding, there are better choices.
Best Folding Bikes Under £200Folding bikes under £200 are extremely well suited for peop...
Best Folding Bikes Under £300Folding bikes under £300 are extremely well suited for people living in urban environments as they can be easily transporte...
Best Folding Bikes Under £500Folding bikes under £500 are extremely well suited for people living in urban environments as they can be easily transporte...
- Extrbici XF500 Electric Folding Bike
- GUNAI Folding Electric Mountain Bike
- RICH BIT RT860 Folding Electric Mountain Bike
- HIKING BK Folding Bike
- Shengmilo MX01 Electric Folding Mountain Bike
- eelo 1885 Folding Electric Bike
- FIIDO D2S Folding Electric Mountain Bike
- BIKFUN Folding Electric Mountain Bike
- Ecosmo 20 Folding Bike
- FIIDO M1 Electric Mountain Bike