Top 6 Best Folding Bikes of 2020
Updated - March 11, 2020
One characteristic which set folding bikes apart from other machines on the market, is that they fold (goes without saying, and yet we said it anyway). The collapsible nature of these bikes implies that they come in handy for anyone who wants to cycle to a bus or train station, and take their bike with them for a ride to their place of work or destination.
Folding bikes are also permitted on peak time trains, which can be of immense help to commuters. Below is a list of the best folding bikes of 2020. Take a look and share with your fellow commuters.
Extrbici XF500 Electric Folding BikeGreat bike which makes riding almost effortless.
We really do love the Extrbici XF500 Electric Folding Bike. It is truly the best folding bike we’ve tested, the added benefit of it being electric means you can take it easy and turn up to work without the obligatory sweat marks and post gym smell.
The Extrbici XF500 Electric Folding Bike is a fantastic commuters bike. It folds down nice and small allowing for easy public transportation and storage. All in all a very strong second place for the Extrbici XF500.
The Extrbici XF500 electric folding bike has a 20 inch /50cm 6061 aluminium light frame. It is easy to fold from the middle of the bike, and there is a quick release for convenience to fold and install.
It can support a weight of 150kg（330lbs). You can store it in your car trunk if you want to carry it to a far place.
It has 48V 10AH inside frame lithium battery. The battery is concealed in a sealed frame, which looks perfect and simple, same as other foldable bikes. The longest distances this bike can run are over 60KMS in full electricity. The charging time is 5-7 hours from empty to full.
The Extrbici XF500 electric folding bike features a 7-Speed shimano TX500 shifting gear, smooth and precise shifting as you like. It is designed with high strength carbon steel front fork, top grade lockout suspension fork with bicycle headlight and horn. With the aluminium alloy mechanical disc brakes, you will never worry about safety issues.
The bike is 90% pre-assembled when delivering. It has a 1 year warranty on battery, motor and frame. Any problems about the bike, just contact the dealers and they will help you at the fastest time.
The parcel includes the battery, lock, pump, a repaired tool. The Extrbici XF500 electric folding bike is legal by UK standard so you can rest assured you’re able to use this in the UK.
Extrbici XF500 Electric Folding Bike Pros:
- Well packaged in a strong cardboard box, delivered promptly and well secured.
- With the Extrbici XF500 electric folding bike, most of the assembly had been done.
- Great bike which makes riding almost effortless.
- The battery is removable for charging, or you also can charge it directly.
Extrbici XF500 Electric Folding Bike Cons:
- The Extrbici XF500 electric folding bike is very heavy and probably wouldn’t be suitable for commuting on buses, trains etc.
HIKING BK Folding BikeThis Lovely Lightweight Aluminium Hiking BK Folding Bike is an ideal companion for your life.
or Choose Your Preferred Region
This Lovely Lightweight Aluminium Hiking BK Folding Bike is an ideal companion for your life. It is easy to carry about, and everything in one box weighs just about 18 kg. The bike is really easy for anyone to fold up; and it does not take you more than 1 minute to do it after the first time. This Little Lovely Bike Has Sturdy Thick & Long Seat Post, and this makes it suitable for short as well as tall riders. The Frame Material is made of High Carbon steel and the brake type features a front and rear mechanical disc brakes.
The Hiking BK folding bike has a Net Weight of 13kg and a load capacity of 100kg. The body length is 1.2m and Time Period is 15 seconds. Driver’s Height is around 120cm-180cm and the foot type is normal pedal. The bike has a 16 Inch (Short Ride) Rim Size.
The overall size of the bike is 105x125cm (41x49inch). The lightweight aluminium frame folds in seconds and is easy to carry so you’ll never have need to leave it outside. There is a 6 Speed Shimano Gear System, a folded size of H- 20 “, l-29”, w-15” and a weight of 18kg (Lightweight).
Also there is an all light weight aluminium alloy-frame, Handlebar, Stem, Seat post, Kickstand, Head set, Front & rear hub, Crank set, V-style brakes, Front and rear fenders and more.
HIKING BK Folding Bike Pro:
- The best easy commuting bike on roads
- Easy to stow the handlebars away
- Ultra-light material design
HIKING BK Folding Bike Cons:
- Cannot carry when folded for long
- The Hiking BK folding bike is very heavy when folded
- Chain needs oiling before initial use
Bikesport Folding BikeGreat value with no compromise for a uniquely pleasant experience.
The Bikesport Folding Bike made it to the podium simply due to it’s amazing value for money. Compared to the other two options above you’ll be amazed at the value for money you’re getting with this bike. Yes, a lot of that saving comes from the fact it isn’t an electric folding bike however even compared to other pedal powered folding bikes, spec for spec it can compete with most at a fraction of the cost. Slightly larger wheels than average means it doesn’t take as much out of the rider to keep the wheels turning, however this does come at a compromise on it’s folded down size. Still a great option if you’re on a lower budget.
The brand Bikesport manufactures a wide variety of different bicycles including City, Mountain, Trekking, and Kid bikes. The models are classified as entry-level class bikes. In Bikesport collection the clients could find quality bikes at a good price. They have great value with no compromise for a uniquely pleasant experience.
The Bikesport folding bike model has 6 gears that can be easily used in busy city life. The brakes on the Bikesport folding bike are Type V-Brake, which are reliable and easy to maintain. The bike also has aluminium wheels for more safety when driving.
The Bikesport folding bikes are made in one of the largest and modernised factories in Europe. The modern production base enables the use of new technologies. The Bikesport folding bikes are designed by a team of engineers who have refined each built-in component. The designers have developed a unique design in line with fashion trends and colour combinations.
Highly qualified specialists carry out the assembly of the bicycles, which guarantees excellent quality. The painting takes place in a modern equipped paint shop following the highest of quality standards, ensuring longevity of the coatings in all weather conditions.
Bikesport Folding Bike Pros:
- The bike is suitable for heights of 160-185 cm with seat adjustment.
- The Bikesport folding bike is a great travel companion in the city. It is compact and easy to carry in the subway, bus or elevator.
- The folding bike is very practical for any kind of urban environment and with possibility of adaptation according to your desire.
- It is a reliable bike for fast urban mobility.
- It can be carried in a suitcase.
- The Bikesport folding bike makes it quick and easy to build and offers excellent handling while riding.
Bikesport Folding Bike Cons:
- Twist shift gear selector is not the most unreliable, and often causes jerked motion when quickly changing gear either upwards or downwards in rapid succession.
- It is a little heavy and a little more cumbersome to load onto public transport.
Best Of The Rest
Ecosmo 20 Folding BikeIt will transform the way you commute to work.
or Choose Your Preferred Region
The Ecosmo 20 Folding Bike was very first folding bike we reviewed. It’s a very sturdy folding bike which offers a storage rail at the rear allowing for small luggage transportation. Not quite podium potential due to the more expensive bikes offering more comfort and technology however well worth considering.
- Lightweight Alluminium Frame, bike only 12Kg
- 7 Speed SHIMANO Gears
- Adjustable handlebar & stem
- Patented Folding Lock,Super safe and convenient!!
- Folding Pedals, Alloy rear rack, Alloy Crank
The Ecosmo folding bike is hugely popular and rightly so. It offers commuters a usable mode of transportation while allowing for simple storage once at work. This lovely lightweight alloy folding bike is an ideal companion for your life. The Ecosmo is easy to carry weighing in at just 12 Kg. It is also really easy to fold up taking no more than a reported 1 minute to do it after you get the hang of it. This compact folding bike has sturdy, long seat post, so it is suitable for short and tall riders.
This quality folding bike is an ideal companion for your life. It offers families with enjoyments and mobility in a high level. Everything in one box weighs just 18 Kg. Really easy to fold up, and it takes you no more than 2 minute to do it after you get used to the process, you’ll easily fit this bike inside your car boot.
Small & Compact
When compact this bike takes up 87cm(L) 39cm(W) 60cm(H), this allows you to store it in places you couldn’t even consider for a standard bike.
Ecosmo Folding Bike Summary
A great modern bike that takes full advantage of the technology available. It will transform the way you commute to work, or simply transport your bike. Whether you choose to get on a bus, train or in a car with it, life with a folding bike will prove to be much simpler than a standard bike. Although these benefits do come at a price. The smaller wheels, less road comfort all are factors to consider when you decide for or against a folding bike. The Ecosmo is the obvious choice if you do choose a folding bike over a conventional one.
Cicli Cinzia Firenze Folding BikeThe Italian design conveys a special attitude towards life.
The Cicli Cinzia Firenze Folding Bike is a very eye catching folding bike. At first sight it doesn’t look like it is a folding bike at all, the wheels are larger than most folding bikes for example. The Cicli Cinzia Firenze Folding Bike has a storage rail at the rear and comes with a very cute headlight. Worth considering if you’re interested in aesthetics as much as design.
The 20 Inch Firenze folding bike from Cinzia is ideal for commuters who place emphasis on mobility. It can be easily folded up and also used at peak times in the tram and bus. Of the most important performance features of the Cicli Cinzia Firenze folding bike includes, among other things, a practical folding frame, reliable lighting, as well as the comfortable Bassano Quake saddle. Also, the strong aluminium calliper rim brakes bring the necessary braking force. You can take the Cicli Cinzia Firenze everywhere: on the train, in the tram or even on the bus.
The Italian design conveys a special attitude towards life.
Frame Hi-Tension folding steel frame height 40 cm fork Hi-Ten Unicrown steel stem, handlebar aluminium chrome-plated steel brake calliper aluminium brake.
Seat post: 250 mm, aluminum. Saddle: Bassano Quake. Pedals: City, resin. Weight: 13.2 kg.
Dimensions when folded: (L x W x H): 80 cm x 40 cm x 70 cm.
Cicli Cinzia Firenze Folding Bike PROS:
- All components are perfectly matched and give you a unique driving experience.
- All components provide extreme durability and are designed to make the 20 inch Firenze folding bicycle a trusted companion in everyday life.
- The colour and style is gorgeous and is very easy to assemble and ride.
- The Cicli Cinzia Firenze folding bike also comes with a small air pump which fits very nicely on the side of the pannier holder.
- The quality & look of the bike is excellent.
- Great saddle & good speed without gears.
Cicli Cinzia Firenze Folding Bike CONS:
- The saddle isn’t the most comfy out there and there are no gears, making it harder on hills or long journeys.
- The Cicli Cinzia Firenze bike is also very heavy and probably wouldn’t be suitable for commuting on trains etc.
- I would also recommend oiling the chain before riding as it can sometimes make a crunching noise.
- No folding handlebars so it doesn’t fold down as small as most other folding bikes.
Viking Vision Folding BikeQuality, style and longevity.
The Viking Vision Folding Bike is a very strong, sturdy bike. This is part of it’s undoing in our opinion as it is heavier than most of the other folding bikes we’ve reviewed and doesn’t fold down as well. It seems to be a great option for those who will travel long distances and aren’t regularly packing and unpacking it, stowing it on trains and buses or storing it in high or awkward places.
Quality, style and longevity have always been the hallmark of Viking bicycles. Vikings today incorporate these fundamental qualities and try to expand the range to meet the growing demands of changing lifestyles. The range includes: electric bicycles, road cycling, trekking, comfort, tandems, city folder and urban sport. Each model now utilises the technical developments of current manufacturing processes and light tubing.
Electric Viking Vision 36V Electric Bicycle offers a compatible range of about 45 kilometres from its 36 volt and 8.8 mAh battery. Instead of accelerating, the engine will help you as soon as you pedal. With the six-speed Shimano power train, you can still choose a comfortable speed and choose the level of support you need, depending on the terrain.
Assisted electric bicycles are limited to a maximum speed of approximately 25 km/h. However, you do not need any insurance coverage. If you want vision you can drive without the battery like a normal bicycle. The heart of the Vision is a 250-watt brushless front wheel motor. The 36-volt battery is located in the rear luggage rack and is easy to install / remove. With a low heel above the height, the aluminium frame can be folded for easy storage or transportation.
Viking Vision Folding Bike Pros:
- When brand new, it comes sealed in box.
- The bicycle is almost built. It may be necessary to inflate the tires and adjust the gears / brakes before use
- Inner tubes are supplied with puncture-resistant sealant.
- The handlebars and seats are adjustable.
Viking Vision Folding Bike Cons:
- You have to do the extra work to inflate the tires, adjust the gears / brakes before using them.
- It can also be very heavy when folded and probably not suitable for commuting on trains, etc.