Top 4 Best Folding Bikes Under £1000 (August 2020)
Folding bikes under £1000 are extremely well suited for people living in urban environments as they can be easily transported and stored. If your commute involves a bus or a train, or you have to haul your bike into the office, you might want to consider a folding bike. Commuters who opt to ride their bike into work in the city may not have the option of locking up their vehicle on the street.
Many people who ride folding bikes will spring for a carrying case; as well so that the bike can easily be stowed and tucked away while they are at work; making it a much more convenient and secure transportation option. A folding bike has the security benefit that it’s easy to take it inside, and keep under your desk.
The Best Folding Bike Designs
City commuters love the convenience of space-saving folding bikes, but a smooth and easy-to-use folding mechanism can be an investment. Designers have gotten pretty creative with the folding mechanisms they use on folding bikes over the last several years; and you’ll find a wide variety of them while shopping for the right bike.
Mid fold bikes feature a hinge in the center that allows the rider to fold it in half for storage; while triangle fold bikes will feature an additional hinge somewhere on the back that allows the seat and rear wheel to be folded inward. In addition to these two types, there are also breakaway bikes; which involve disassembling various elements of the bike to make it even more compact. Folding bikes are in craze lately because they take up a little space of your garage and can be easily carried around in your car or truck.
Folding Bike Materials & Components
Made with high-quality materials, steel frame folding bikes under £1000 can give you a reliable stopping power with disc brakes front and rear. They can let you have perfect control when you ride and offer an easy to fold folding frame. The lightest folding bikes can be carried easily. Many have smaller wheel size to allow the bikes to collapse really tightly. Some have a collapsible seat post and removable front wheel.
Folding bikes range from single speed to the most common 7 speed models and more. They are usually great replacements for road bike journeys where public transport is needed. Bikes that fold away are easy to store away at home, on the train and at the office.
We’ve found all the best folding bikes under £1000 and listed them below. We hope you find the right bike for you.
BIKFUN Folding Electric Mountain Bike
- ✔ Front And Rear Mechanical Disc Brakes
- ✔ Bright LED Headlights And Horn
- ✔ Compact and Lightweight Foldable Bike
- ✔ Arrives 85% Assembled
- Three Modes to Meet Diverse Needs: There are three working modes, among which are normal mode, electric mode and power assistance mode. The modes can be switched at any time and just enjoy your trip with your mind.
- More Flexible Design: Compact and lightweight, this lovely bike is foldable and can be taken away after folding and put in the trunk of a car. Adjustable handlebars and saddle heights suitable for different heights of people.Battery can be removed for easy charging. The bright LED headlights and horn are ideal for night cycling.
- Brake and Gear Shift System: Electric folding bike is equipped with mechanical disc brakes on the front and rear, and that features it perfect climbing ability and high shock absorption, and achieve fast braking once you press the brake.
- Battery and Motor System with High Performance: The 36V / 7.8Ah lithium battery is equipped with an intelligent charger, and your bike will be full of energy by chargeing only for 4 to 6 hours; 250W high speed gear motor with lower power consumption could able to reach a speed up to 25 km/h.
- Installation and Customer Service: This ebike achieves 85% of assembly. Fast delivery allows you to get your loved bike as soon as possible. The main electrical devices, e.g. batteries and electric motor, are guaranteed for one year. And you are welcome to contact us if you have any problems!
The BIKFUN Folding Electric Mountain Bike has an approximate radius of 15 to 30 miles on a full charge and can reach a top speed of 15mph. The 36V 8Ah lithium battery is removable and takes approximately 4 to 6 hours to fully charge. The lithium battery powers a 250W brushless high speed geared motor that previous customers have described as ‘silent’ which is great because no one wants a constant ‘moped’ noise while they’re out and about.
The bike folds away for easy storage or transportation. We think this is a great bike and is cheaper than many of the competitors that have similar features. Well worth considering.
FIIDO M1 Electric Mountain Bike
- ✔ LED Screen Ensures Nighttime Visibility
- ✔ Fat 4" Tyres Give This Mountain Bike Great Off Road Grip
- ✔ 250W Motor
- ✔ 7 Speed Professional Transmission System
Dual Shock Absorption Structure
equipped with cst20 * 4.0 tires,52 tooth chain disk and Shimano 7-speed transmission with good shock absorption effect and riding stability.
Built-in detachable rechargeable, a large battery capacity of 12.5ah at most, with a long endurance.
Three Riding Modes
Pure electric mode, riding mode, and electric power-assisted mode. When the accelerator is turned, it is automatically electric mode; without the fuel gate, stepping on the pedal is electric power-assisted mode.
The body is made of high-strength aluminum alloy, light and rust-free; the body supports folding in half, which is suitable for most of the car’s back-up carriages.
250W Brushless Motor
lower power consumption, 20% stronger endurance and larger starting torque.
Dual Disc Brake
Front and rear dual disc brake, more stable and effective brake.
Fiido is based in Shenzhen, China and is a relatively new name in electric bikes. The M1 is the only full-suspension model aimed at off-road riding.
That should be obvious from the seriously wide four-inch tyres, though their thickness is accentuated because these are 20in wheels, not the 26- or 29in rims you typically find on mountain bikes. So the M1 is an unusual beast. It’s a folding, electric bike with compact wheels that has proper off-road aspirations.
When folded, the M1 measures 960x790x450mm. So it is no Brompton. It isn’t trying to be a Brompton, to be fair to Fiido, and the mere fact that it folds makes it a lot easier to get it into your car, or on a train. The handlebars and pedals fold, too, and there’s a built-in stand beneath the crank which keeps the bike upright when folded.
More on that shortly, but the battery itself has a larger-than-average capacity of 12.5Ah. Compare that to the 8.8Ah battery supplied as standard with the Carrera Vengeance-E. Bigger batteries take longer to recharge, and from empty you’ll be waiting about 8-9 hours for the M1’s to reach 100%.
You can remove the battery when the bike is folded for charging separate to the bike. The key is required to remove it, as well as for turning on the ignition: the electronics will not power on unless you insert the key and turn it to the correct position.
Fiido claims a range of up to 100km which is almost certainly unobtainable, even in the perfect test conditions it specifies for this figure. A more realistic real-world range for road riding is around 40-60km / 30-40 miles, so long as you are pedalling the whole time. Expect around half of that for off road, which is much tougher.
Given the weight and fat tyres, the M1 is surprisingly sprightly. The motor offers a good amount of torque and easily propels you up hills. I say you, but what I really mean is me, and I weigh slightly less than the 70kg Fiido uses for the maximum range calculations.
It’s also supremely good fun to ride off road: not necessarily for actual mountain biking, but for woodland trails and any surface that isn’t tarmac. If you want a bike mainly for road riding, there are better choices.
RICH BIT RT860 Folding Electric Mountain Bike
- ✔ A Really Cool Colour Scheme
- ✔ Rear Luggage Rack
- ✔ High Performance Mechanical Disc Brakes
- ✔ Up To 22 Miles Battery Range
- Recommended Rider-Height: 165Cm–190Cm // 5’5″-6’3″, Max Weight Support150Kg 330 Lbs
- Motor: 250W 36V Brushless Motor. Max Speed: About 35Km / H. Battery Capacity: 36V 12.8Ah . Battery Mileage 35-45 (Full Electric Mode). 45-65 (Pedal Assist Mode). Battery Life Over 500 Times Recharge Cycle
- Three Cycling Modes:Full Electric Mode: The Right Handlebar Has The Throttle.You Can Easily Drive The E Bike Pedal Assistance Mode: You Can Save 70% Of Your Effortfull Power-Down Mode: Like A Bicycle, You Must Make The Bike By Pedaling Forward
The Richbit RT-860 is a folding electric bike with the battery concealed within the frame. It has 21 speed Shimano gears and an LCD screen displaying speed and battery remaining. Either charge the battery unit while it is in the frame or remove it for added convenience.
There are disc brakes and an LED front light. Dock and charge your mobile on the go with the integrated handlebar mounted phone grip. The Richbit RT-860 can support riders weighing up to 185kg, with a height between 165 cms and 190cms.
When folded the bike measures a compact 86 cm x 102 cms.
It аlѕо hаѕ exceptional rаnge per сhаrgе аllоwіng уоu tо trаvеrѕе trails аnуwhеrе bеtwееn 18 аnd 22 miles lоng wіthоut once hаvіng to роwеr uр аgаіn. Thіѕ mеаnѕ that you hаvе thе rаngе to go аnуwhеrе and do аnуthіng you lіkе all wіth the аѕѕіѕtаnсе оf thе еlесtrіс motor alone.
Not оnlу that but thе роwеrful ebike motor іnѕіdе thе Richbit RT-860 is also capable of tаkіng you thеrе with a tор speed оf 31 mіlеѕ реr hour. Pоwеrful аnd еlеgаnt made in a luxurу ѕtуlе frоm a lightweight аlumіnium аllоу, thе Richbit RT-860 is one оf thе absolute best mountain еbіkеѕ thаt RісhBіt has еvеr рrоduсеd.
Augu Folding Mountain Bike
- ✔ Dual Suspension
- ✔ 30 Speed Rear Derailleur And Shifters
- ✔ Chunky On And Off Road Tyres
- ✔ Dual Mechanical Disc Brakes
Be Advised - Possibly Low StockBuy From Amazon.co.uk
or Choose Your Preferred Region
If you’re looking to step up your mountain biking skills without breaking the bank, then look no further. The Mountain Bike is the perfect bike to go out and conquer the trails on. Equipped with a sturdy high-carbon steel dual-suspension frame , every trail is now in play. What are you waiting for? Enjoy the freedom of riding mountain bike. This dual suspension bicycle is the perfect choice for anyone looking to off-road and on the trails! with its sturdy steel frame, front & rear suspension and 26 inch wheels with MTB specific tyres, this bicycle offers the perfect full package and looks the part.
- Frame Material: High-carbon Steel
- Handlebar: Comfortable Non-slip rubber handle
- Brake: Front and Rear Mechanical Double Disk Brake
- Saddle: Professional MTB Saddle
- Speed: 27
- Wheel Size: 26 inches
- featuring a front suspension fork and rear shock
- Fork: Front Fork Suspension
- Number of blades: 6
- Maximum weight capacity: 240lbs