Top 3 Best Folding Bikes Under £1000 (June 2020)
Folding bikes under £1000 are extremely well suited for people living in urban environments as they can be easily transported and stored. If your commute involves a bus or a train, or you have to haul your bike into the office, you might want to consider a folding bike. Commuters who opt to ride their bike into work in the city may not have the option of locking up their vehicle on the street.
Many people who ride folding bikes will spring for a carrying case; as well so that the bike can easily be stowed and tucked away while they are at work; making it a much more convenient and secure transportation option. A folding bike has the security benefit that it’s easy to take it inside, and keep under your desk.
The Best Folding Bike Designs
City commuters love the convenience of space-saving folding bikes, but a smooth and easy-to-use folding mechanism can be an investment. Designers have gotten pretty creative with the folding mechanisms they use on folding bikes over the last several years; and you’ll find a wide variety of them while shopping for the right bike.
Mid fold bikes feature a hinge in the center that allows the rider to fold it in half for storage; while triangle fold bikes will feature an additional hinge somewhere on the back that allows the seat and rear wheel to be folded inward. In addition to these two types, there are also breakaway bikes; which involve disassembling various elements of the bike to make it even more compact. Folding bikes are in craze lately because they take up a little space of your garage and can be easily carried around in your car or truck.
Folding Bike Materials & Components
Made with high-quality materials, steel frame folding bikes under £1000 can give you a reliable stopping power with disc brakes front and rear. They can let you have perfect control when you ride and offer an easy to fold folding frame. The lightest folding bikes can be carried easily. Many have smaller wheel size to allow the bikes to collapse really tightly. Some have a collapsible seat post and removable front wheel.
Folding bikes range from single speed to the most common 7 speed models and more. They are usually great replacements for road bike journeys where public transport is needed. Bikes that fold away are easy to store away at home, on the train and at the office.
We’ve found all the best folding bikes under £1000 and listed them below. We hope you find the right bike for you.
Augu Folding Mountain Bike
- ✔ Dual Suspension
- ✔ 30 Speed Rear Derailleur And Shifters
- ✔ Chunky On And Off Road Tyres
- ✔ Dual Mechanical Disc Brakes
or Choose Your Preferred Region
If you’re looking to step up your mountain biking skills without breaking the bank, then look no further. The Mountain Bike is the perfect bike to go out and conquer the trails on. Equipped with a sturdy high-carbon steel dual-suspension frame , every trail is now in play. What are you waiting for? Enjoy the freedom of riding mountain bike. This dual suspension bicycle is the perfect choice for anyone looking to off-road and on the trails! with its sturdy steel frame, front & rear suspension and 26 inch wheels with MTB specific tyres, this bicycle offers the perfect full package and looks the part.
- Frame Material: High-carbon Steel
- Handlebar: Comfortable Non-slip rubber handle
- Brake: Front and Rear Mechanical Double Disk Brake
- Saddle: Professional MTB Saddle
- Speed: 27
- Wheel Size: 26 inches
- featuring a front suspension fork and rear shock
- Fork: Front Fork Suspension
- Number of blades: 6
- Maximum weight capacity: 240lbs
BIKFUN Folding Electric Mountain Bike
- ✔ Front And Rear Mechanical Disc Brakes
- ✔ Bright LED Headlights And Horn
- ✔ Compact and Lightweight Foldable Bike
- ✔ Arrives 85% Assembled
- Three Modes to Meet Diverse Needs: There are three working modes, among which are normal mode, electric mode and power assistance mode. The modes can be switched at any time and just enjoy your trip with your mind.
- More Flexible Design: Compact and lightweight, this lovely bike is foldable and can be taken away after folding and put in the trunk of a car. Adjustable handlebars and saddle heights suitable for different heights of people.Battery can be removed for easy charging. The bright LED headlights and horn are ideal for night cycling.
- Brake and Gear Shift System: Electric folding bike is equipped with mechanical disc brakes on the front and rear, and that features it perfect climbing ability and high shock absorption, and achieve fast braking once you press the brake.
- Battery and Motor System with High Performance: The 36V / 7.8Ah lithium battery is equipped with an intelligent charger, and your bike will be full of energy by chargeing only for 4 to 6 hours; 250W high speed gear motor with lower power consumption could able to reach a speed up to 25 km/h.
- Installation and Customer Service: This ebike achieves 85% of assembly. Fast delivery allows you to get your loved bike as soon as possible. The main electrical devices, e.g. batteries and electric motor, are guaranteed for one year. And you are welcome to contact us if you have any problems!
The BIKFUN Folding Electric Mountain Bike has an approximate radius of 15 to 30 miles on a full charge and can reach a top speed of 15mph. The 36V 8Ah lithium battery is removable and takes approximately 4 to 6 hours to fully charge. The lithium battery powers a 250W brushless high speed geared motor that previous customers have described as ‘silent’ which is great because no one wants a constant ‘moped’ noise while they’re out and about.
The bike folds away for easy storage or transportation. We think this is a great bike and is cheaper than many of the competitors that have similar features. Well worth considering.
Lixada HIMO C20 Folding Electric Bike
- ✔ 250W Powerful Electric Motor
- ✔ Up To 19mph
- ✔ 10Ah Lithium Battery Allows 31 Mile Range
- ✔ Front And Rear Mechanical Disc Brakes
This electric bike is constructed from aluminium alloy, strong enough to support a maximum user weight of 100kg. The bike features 250W powerful motor, 25km/h max speed, Shiman0 shifting system and double braking system. With collapsible design, this electric bike is very convenient for commuting.
The Lixada HIMO C20 electric bike is built from aluminium alloy. This makes it strong enough to support the maximum rider weight of 100kg. The HIMO C20 features a powerful 250W motor with a top speed of 19mph. The 10Ah lithium battery allows for a range of up to 31 miles on a single charge in full electric mode. The onboard battery management system keeps the battery in tip top shape and makes sure that it doesn’t get overcharged. Ensuring a longer service life.
The HIMO C20 has front and rear bright LED lights to added safety at night. The highly performant mechanical disc brakes stop the bike quickly and effectively adding to the assurance that this bike is extremely safe.
Lixada have designed a bike that is perfect for those short, urban, daily commutes to work or the shops. The HIMO C20’s foldable nonslip pedals and handlebars help make for easy storage. Whether at home, the office or in the car boot, you’ll be able to fold the HIMO C20 away in even the smallest of spaces.
We think it’s a strong example of what you can get for an average budget. What do you think?