Top 6 Best Folding Bikes Under £300 (August 2020)
Folding bikes under £300 are extremely well suited for people living in urban environments as they can be easily transported and stored. If your commute involves a bus or a train, or you have to haul your bike into the office, you might want to consider a folding bike. Commuters who opt to ride their bike into work in the city may not have the option of locking up their vehicle on the street.
Many people who ride folding bikes will spring for a carrying case; as well so that the bike can easily be stowed and tucked away while they are at work; making it a much more convenient and secure transportation option. A folding bike has the security benefit that it’s easy to take it inside, and keep under your desk.
The Best Folding Bike Designs
City commuters love the convenience of space-saving folding bikes, but a smooth and easy-to-use folding mechanism can be an investment. Designers have gotten pretty creative with the folding mechanisms they use on folding bikes over the last several years; and you’ll find a wide variety of them while shopping for the right bike.
Mid fold bikes feature a hinge in the center that allows the rider to fold it in half for storage; while triangle fold bikes will feature an additional hinge somewhere on the back that allows the seat and rear wheel to be folded inward. In addition to these two types, there are also breakaway bikes; which involve disassembling various elements of the bike to make it even more compact. Folding bikes are in craze lately because they take up a little space of your garage and can be easily carried around in your car or truck.
Folding Bike Materials & Components
Made with high-quality materials, steel frame folding bikes under £300 can give you a reliable stopping power with disc brakes front and rear. They can let you have perfect control when you ride and offer an easy to fold folding frame. The lightest folding bikes can be carried easily. Many have smaller wheel size to allow the bikes to collapse really tightly. Some have a collapsible seat post and removable front wheel.
Folding bikes range from single speed to the most common 7 speed models and more. They are usually great replacements for road bike journeys where public transport is needed. Bikes that fold away are easy to store away at home, on the train and at the office.
We’ve found all the best folding bikes under £300 and listed them below. We hope you find the right bike for you.
Windgoo Folding Electric Bike
- ✔ Unique Dolphin Shaped Frame
- ✔ 350W High Speed Electric Motor
- ✔ 10-15 Mile Range
- ✔ Fast Changing In About 3 Hours
The Windgoo folding electric bike frame has a unique dolphin shape design. The electric bike has 350W high-speed motor 36V & 6.0Ah lithium battery easily help you to drive up to 25km/h and 15-25 km range, fast charging system only about 3 hours, it is ideal for getting around the city and short distance travel. The Windgoo has several functions available to the riders fingertips including check battery life, turn on the headlight, honk the horn, accelerate, and braking. The Windgoo e-bike comes with a mechanical disc brake for maximum braking capabilities. When you brake the smart taillight will activate to offer some warning to nearby pedestrians, motorists and passers by.
The eco-friendly bike is 100% electric, emissions free and available at a fraction of the price of most electric bikes. Saving both your wallet and the environment at the same time.
If you’re happy enough with a fully electric bike then we can’t see a better option for the money. Take a look for yourself.
Ridgeyard Folding Bike
- ✔ Front LED Light
- ✔ Rear Suspension
- ✔ Front And Rear Mudguards
- ✔ Front And Rear Mechanical Disc Brakes
The Ridgeyard folding bike’s maximum load-bearing weight limit is 70-75kg. The Ridgeyard is equipped with front and rear rain gear for riding in wet and wet areas to keep the mud and dirt away.
The Ridgeyard has a 6-speed adjustable derailleur and freewheel. It’s also equipped with LED battery light and the wheels come with reflectors for increase night visibility.
This 6-speed folding bicycle come with a seat bag for storing personal items. Fun fact, this bike comes with a bike bell. Something we haven’t seen in years but don’t knock it. It’s cute.
- Black leather saddle with built-in foam for a comfortable ride.
- Handlebar and seats height are adjustable.
This 20 inch bicycle is foldable, easy to assemble and set up. It’s very comfortable to ride, a perfect companion for city rides.
This bike is 95% assembled with only minor adjustments needed by you when you receive the bike.
TOEU Folding Electric Bike
- ✔ 350W Brushless Electric Motor
- ✔ Up To 18mph
- ✔ Weighs only 12kg
- ✔ Advanced Braking - Double Brakes At Front And Rear
- Powerful Electric Bike: Li-ion LG 36V/6.0Ah battery; Speed of 30km/h; 350W brushless electric motor; 20~30km of driving distance depending on road conditions and weight; Max load carrier of 120kg.
- Advanced Safety: Double brakes-front and rear wheel; Front and rear brakes by trigger on the handle; Bright Lights, Night Safety; Shock absorption design, Regular transmission and comfortable driving.
- Portable and Foldable: Light weight of 12kg; Easy to store and travel. Comply with UK and EU road regulations. Suitable for teenagers and adults, ideal for the city commuter and countryside.
- Improved Scooter: A clear LED display could help you easily control the speed and display the battery’s capacity, speed and kilometers; 2-3 hours of charge; 14-inch wear-resistant solid rubber wheel.
- Professional Service: Provide a lifetime warranty, comes with an e-bike, UK charger, user manual.
The TOEU is a powerful electric bike that has a maximum speed of approximately 18mph. It can achieve these speeds due to its high power brushless 350w electric motor. The TOEU motor is powered by a 36V 6.0Ah onboard lithium battery. This gives the TOEU folding bike a range of between 12 and 18 miles on a single charge. This depends on the road conditions and weight being carried. The maximum load this bike can carry is 120kg.
The TOEU has clearly prioritised safety in its design. The double front and rear mechanical disc brakes are a rarity on a bike of this price range. These brakes are triggered by a lever on the handlebars which also trigger the rear braking light.
With a recharge taking between 2 and 3 hours it won’t be long until the TOEU is ready to go again. The electric bike complies with all UK and EU road regulations and so would make an ideal city commuter bike. The TOEU has an onboard LED display that shows the rider the current speed, remaining battery capacity and distance covered which is exactly what every electric bike owner wants to know. If the worst did happen and you ran out of battery, you can simply pedal what remains of your journey.
We really like this bike, we think it’s fairly priced and the double brakes give it a unique feature compared to most other folding electric bikes on the market.
Here are some final comments from a collection of TOEU current owners.
“Got this bike to ride to work everyday and extremely pleased how it has made the journey so easy.”
“I’m 75kgs snd it handles very well on the streets.”
“This E-bike is very small and beautiful.”
“Great little bike ,I use it to get round the town for my cleaning jobs, very happy with it.”
“A nice little bike for short journeys.”
Cicli Cinzia Firenze Folding Bike
- ✔ Frame Hi-Tension Folding Steel Frame
- ✔ Folding Dimensions: (L x W x H): 80 cm x 40 cm x 70 cm.
- ✔ Front And Rear Mudguards
- ✔ Unique Italian Design
The Cicli Cinzia Firenze Folding Bike is a very eye catching folding bike. At first sight it doesn’t look like it is a folding bike at all, the wheels are larger than most folding bikes for example. The Cicli Cinzia Firenze Folding Bike has a storage rail at the rear and comes with a very cute headlight. Worth considering if you’re interested in aesthetics as much as design.
The 20 Inch Firenze folding bike from Cinzia is ideal for commuters who place emphasis on mobility. It can be easily folded up and also used at peak times in the tram and bus. Of the most important performance features of the Cicli Cinzia Firenze folding bike includes, among other things, a practical folding frame, reliable lighting, as well as the comfortable Bassano Quake saddle. Also, the strong aluminium calliper rim brakes bring the necessary braking force. You can take the Cicli Cinzia Firenze everywhere: on the train, in the tram or even on the bus.
The Italian design conveys a special attitude towards life.
Frame Hi-Tension folding steel frame height 40 cm fork Hi-Ten Unicrown steel stem, handlebar aluminium chrome-plated steel brake calliper aluminium brake.
Seat post: 250 mm, aluminum. Saddle: Bassano Quake. Pedals: City, resin. Weight: 13.2 kg.
Dimensions when folded: (L x W x H): 80 cm x 40 cm x 70 cm.
Cicli Cinzia Firenze Folding Bike PROS:
- All components are perfectly matched and give you a unique driving experience.
- All components provide extreme durability and are designed to make the 20 inch Firenze folding bicycle a trusted companion in everyday life.
- The colour and style is gorgeous and is very easy to assemble and ride.
- The Cicli Cinzia Firenze folding bike also comes with a small air pump which fits very nicely on the side of the pannier holder.
- The quality & look of the bike is excellent.
- Great saddle & good speed without gears.
Stowabike V2 Folding City Bike
- ✔ 20" Steel Folding Frame
- ✔ 6 Speed Microshift Grip Shifters
- ✔ Shimano RD-TY18S 6 Speed Rear Derailleur
- ✔ Built in Steel Front And Rear Mudguards
Introducing the Stowabike V2 folding city bike. With built in mud guards to keep you clean, a built in rear cargo rack for carrying your goods, and an easy to use, reliable folding mechanism. This folding city bike really has been designed with city life in mind.
Frame: 20″ steel folding frame
Fork: Steel 20″
Shifter: Microshift 6 speed grip shifter
Rear Derailleur: RD-TZ50 6 speed
Freewheel: 6 speed
Rims: 20″ single wall
Kickstand: middle kickstand
Mudguards: built in steel mudguards
Tyres: 20 x 1.75″
Pedals: YH-8X with With CPSC Reflectors
Chainset: 3/32″”X46T Steel Chainring, Steel Cranks CP & Clear Single Chainguard
Brakes: steel V-Brakes
Handlebar: 560mm Lorise Handlebar
Grips: Black rubber
Dimensions: 153 x 65 x 91cm
Folded dimensions: W 86cm x L 23cm x H 59cm
If you’re looking for a bike that will get your around the city, carry your bag among other items, fold away for easy storage and home and not cost the earth. Then this bike is a perfect fit. It costs less than most folding bikes yet it’s get superb reviews and recommendations from previous customers. It comes with little extras that make riding around the city all the more enjoyable. Things like a curved handlebar for easier resting grip. A middle kickstand for when you’re stationary. Front and rear steel mudguards to keep water and debris off your nice clean clothes and a storage rack at the rear so you don’t have to carry everything on your back while riding.
Seriously, if you’re on a tight budget you have to take a look at the Stowabike V2 folding city bike.
Probike Folding City Bike
- ✔ Front And Rear Mudguards
- ✔ Rear Cargo Rack
- ✔ Front And Rear Lights
- ✔ Twist Shifters
Be Advised - Possibly Low StockBuy From Amazon.co.uk
- Intended Use: The folding system is a revolution in the realm of riding. It is easily stored due to its small folded size and easily transported in your car or in public transport. You could use it for commuting to work, meeting friends or going on vacation.
- Key features: Steel folding frame, Shimano Tourney rear derailleur, Front and rear lights, Rear carrier,6 Gears, V-brakes, “wrist change” shifter, Assembly instructions in 5 languages, Assembled at 90 %, Enhanced packaging for extra protection.
- Recommended for: This model is suitable for people with height of 130 – 180 cm.; above the age of 11 years.
- Geometry: Wheel Size: 20 Inch; Adjustable Seat Post Length: 64 – 98 cm.; Seat Tube: 31 cm.; Reach: 62cm Stack: 98 cm.
- Safety Compliance: Produced in the European Union in accordance with the EU’s bicycle safety regulations; The manufacturer is ISO 9001:2008 certified.
The Probike folding city bike is a great option for those on a tight budget. If you’re looking for a bike that doesn’t cost the earth yet offers a comfortable ride and has the customer reviews to prove it. This might be the bike for you.
As with all folding bikes, the Probike folding city bike comes with the added convenience of being easily stored when not in use. Folding the bike away is a hassle free and straight forward task that doesn’t take a long time to complete.
We’ve found a video to help you complete the final stages of configuration, straight out of the box.
[smartvideo src=”https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8pcu2tKMAg” width=”426″ height=”240″ controls=true]
The bike comes with some nice extras like the front and rear mudguards to help avoid any water or debris reaching you or your clothing. The last thing you want if you’re using the bike to get to work is to arrive with wet clothes or shoes. A rear cargo rack for carrying your luggage, no need to carry all your things on your back. It also comes with front and rear LED lights. Which is great for evening or night time commutes in and out of the city.
Although this model only comes with V brakes it’s difficult to fault the Probike as mechanical disc brakes are way outside of the budget this bike is targeting. If it were to be given mechanical disc brakes you could expect to pay far more for the bike to accommodate the additional expense. Instead the V brakes allow the price to remain low and from previous customer reviews it would seem the V brakes work perfectly fine. This isn’t a racing bike so we wouldn’t suggest riding at high speed. Folding bikes can be weaker than most conventional road bikes as they have several joining components rather than a single piece frame.
Overall we’re very impressed with the Probike folding city bike. It’s comfortable, well received by previous and current owners and above all else it’s available at a great price for those on a tight budget. Check it out.