Top 6 Best Electric Bikes Under £1000 (October 2020)
A new era of cycling has begun. The best electric bikes under £1000, are becoming increasingly popular as their design evolves to produce ever lighter models. Its thought that in the not-too-distant future, everyone will have one. Electric bicycles are fitted with an electric motor that can be used as a boost of power when cycling up hills or your legs are feeling the effects of a long ride. EU law does not permit electric bikes to purely rely on their brushless motor, so you usually have to pedal as well. The extra power a brushless motor can bring opens up the world of cycling to many who wouldnt otherwise try it. You can ride faster, further and for longer with the back-up of that little electric motor!
The Best Electric Bikes Are Virtually Silent
When you ride an electric bike under £1000, it is virtually silent, so it doesn’t disturb the ride. The beauty of e-bikes is that they make the joy of cycling accessible to so many people in so many ways.
Electric Bikes Are Great For Commuting
E-bikes under £1000 come into their own when you want to start commuting on two wheels, say, but feel your 30 miles round trip journey is just that bit too long or strenuous. Assisted pedalling means less exertion and less chance of arriving at work dripping in sweat. There’s some evidence that e-bike owners cycle more, so even if it’s not as good a workout as a regular bike, it’s certainly better than nothing. E-bikes are heavier than regular ones, often 7kg extra or more. So, if the battery goes flat, then you are pedalling a heavy bike.
It’s worth noting that some of these bikes have very impressive single charge ranges. So the likelihood of you running the battery dry is low unless you’ve got a very impressive journey ahead of you. The battery and motor combination is worth the additional weight and offer great value for money. E-bikes are also pricier than those that thrive on push power alone.
An electric bike has to have all features a great common bike has and a battery with astounding battery life and electric front hub motor that is powerful enough to make a huge difference.
Having An Electric Bike Is Not Considered Cheating
Attitudes to electric bikes under £1000 have changed in recent years. For a long time they were seen by cyclists as ‘cheating’ and by non-cyclists as being just like a bike, but uglier and far more expensive. This new breed of best-in-class electric bikes feel more natural, look more normal, weigh far less and people are coming around to the idea that a ride with the convenience of a bike but without all the sweat and effort is a good thing.
For a commuter, they’re ideal. While you still feel you’ve done exercise, the assistance means you won’t arrive at work in a hot and sweaty state. The power boost whenever you start from a standing position is ideal for a speedy getaway at a traffic light with buses and lorries right behind you. And you’ll get a nice ego boost every time you effortlessly ride past a struggling regular cyclist.
Electric Bikes Can Improve The Health Of You And The Planet
E-bikes under £1000 are only going to get more popular as people try to reduce their carbon footprints, save money, and get a little fitter. Electric bicycles offer the same great benefits as traditional bicycles and remove many of the roadblocks and challenges that people face with traditional pedal-powered bikes. With help of an electric brushless motor you can get where you need to be faster, climb hills effortlessly and significantly reduce your carbon footprint. Electric Bikes are Eco friendly and green, by purchasing and using one, instead of your car, you’re helping the environment.
E-bikes are a fantastic route into cycling for beginners, or for those returning to cycling, as they provide a helping hand when it comes to conquering physical fitness challenges.
Since electric bikes come in a number of different varieties, working out which one is the best is tricky. We’ve picked our favourite for less than £1000. Hope you find one that suits you!
FIIDO D2S Folding Electric Mountain Bike
- ✔ Front And Rear Mudguards
- ✔ 250W Powerful 36V Motor
- ✔ Strong Rustless Aviation Aluminium Alloy Frame
- ✔ High Quality Front And Rear LEDs For Extra Vision At Night
- Variable Speed Bicycle & rear-shock absorber
- The D2S foldable electric bike with 6 speeds on-demand gets you wherever you need to go with the smooth-shifting indexed SHIMANO derailleur. It’s your best choice for uphill climbing, downhill riding, or pure acceleration. The foldable electric bike add rear-shock absorber for improve riding comfortableness. Adopting brushless and toothed motor, lower power consumption, 20% longer battery life than normal brushless and toothless motor.
- Outstanding Range and Speed
- The foldable electric bike has 250W powerful motor 36V & 7.8Ah lithium lion battery easily help you to drive up to 25km/h. High capacity battery design can ride 40km mileage in pure electric (depending on weight). Three modes of riding [Electric, moped ( power assist system ) and manpower modes] for your different need, it is ideal for getting around the city and short distance travel.
- Perfect for Storage
- Full electric bicycle frame is aviation-aluminium-alloy, strong and rustless. The bicycle is only 19.5KG, maximum load up to 120KG. Smaller after folding three times, foldable electric bike it allows you to simply store inside the tightest of places like compact vehicles, under the desk, on subways, making the bike very manageable when storing (folding size: 75 x 35 x 65 CM).
- Safety Guarantee
- Our folding ebike front and rear fitted with high quality LED lights for night. With USB phone holder, power monitor, speed control in the handle. Adjustable heights of handlebar and saddle for different heights of people. Inflatable 16 inch rubber tire with anti-slip texture, great shockproof effect, giving you a comfortable riding experience in steep roads. Disc-brake also ensure electric bike braking distance is reduced adding to the safety of the rider.
the FIIDO D2S offers excellent strength given by the invoice of the materials used, with aluminium frame and rubber inserts.
In this sense, the seat and the handlebar give excellent feedback. Compared to the past (FIIDO D2), the performance of these last two inserts has been improved with the presence of a more stable handlebar and the addition of a display to replace the ignition key. Despite some improvements, however, the “precariousness” of the hook remains closed to close the hinge of the bike. In general, however, the build quality is to be appreciated and a step above the other e-bikes in this price range.
FIIDO D2S electric bicycle comes with 250W ground-breaking engine offers a quick speed of up to 25km every hour. There are three modes Pure electric mode; Cycling mode; Power help mode. it also has the 7.8AH lithium battery permits 20-35km territory in unadulterated electric mode, 40 – 50km territory by power help mode. FIIDO D2S electric bicycle comes With a USB mount on the handlebar intended for holding your cell phone helpfully. it can be Customisable seat stature suits various riders. The Suspension framework diminishes stun for an agreeable ride. There is 6-level speed move to suit for various street conditions. the design is perfect and made of Aluminium amalgam development for outrageous sturdiness. Max. load: 120kg. The Effective circle brake in both front and back wheels for more secure braking and riding. FIIDO D2S electric bicycle Overly splendid LED fog light and backlight for included wellbeing during the evening. Three stages speedy collapsing, collapsible for simple stockpiling and transport. Perfect for urban, driving, short outing, shopping, and day by day use.
The electric bike FIIDO D2S can count on three different driving modes: assisted, full electric and one that relies totally on human effort. As you may have guessed, the last mode is based only on pedalling and assumes an important value since the bike – unlike its predecessor – offers the Shimano exchange to 6 reports. On the other hand, pedal assistance uses both the motor and the effort made by the user and is recommended when traveling on long, slightly steep sections.
The last mode, the most energy-intensive one, is the full electric which makes full use of the engine to run. In this mode the FIIDO D2S however it differs from other e-bikes, offering three different modes distinguished by the Low, Medium and High buttons. These modes, selectable directly from the handlebar, will allow you to reach some standard speeds and more precisely you will reach a maximum of 10 km / h by setting Low, 15 km / h with Medium and 20 km / h by selecting High.
- Motor power: 250W;
- Maximum speed 25 km / h;
- Built-in 7.800 mAh battery;
- 16 inch tires;
- Three driving modes;
- Shimano 6-speed gearbox;
- LED front light;
- Aluminum alloy frame;
- Supported weight: 120 kg;
- Bike weight 19 kg;
- 135 dimensions x 40 x 110 cm;
- Front / rear disc brake;
- Rear shock absorber.
Cyclamatic Power Plus CX1 Electric Mountain Bike
- ✔ Quick Release Battery
- ✔ Front And Rear Mechanical Disc Brakes
- ✔ Up To 31 Miles Battery Range
- ✖ Quite A Heavy Steel Frame
- Easy to use – Quick release battery. Quick release front wheel. Safe to ride in the rain. Minimal assembly (under 5 mins). Quick change Shimano gears
- Incredible performance – 28 miles range on normal terrain. Reach speeds of up to 15 mph. Upgraded lithium-ion battery – 36V
- Stylish – Latest mountain bike frame design – not some old frame that looks like it has been taken from a 1920’s film set. Bright silver brushed finish.
- Comfort – Padded saddle. 21-speed Shimano gears for a smooth ride. Kenda Tyres. Front suspension.
- In line with European laws, this model does not have a fully automatic electric mode – some degree of peddling is always required.
The original Power Plus model brought the joys and practicalities of e-bikes to a huge audience around the world, and was one of the most popular in its class.
The CX1 builds on that success, adding a new more powerful motor, an upgraded battery, a 21-speed gear system, and improved reliability.
The bike can be used as a standard bike – the mountain bike frame, strong brakes, suspension and Shimano gears with quick-shift offer all the features of a premium bike. The CX1 can be used simply as a traditional ‘pedal’ bike without any problems, however it also features:
Assisted mode will kick in the power as you start pedalling and add extra power to each cycle, propelling you faster and with less effort
Easy to use
Quick release battery. Quick release front wheel. Minimal assembly (under 5 mins). Quick change Shimano gears
28 miles range on normal terrain. Reach speeds of up to 15 m/h. Upgraded lithium-ion battery – 36V
Latest mountain bike frame design – not some old frame that looks like it has been taken from a 1920’s film set. Bright silver brushed finish.
Padded saddle. 21-speed Shimano gears for a smooth ride. Kenda Tyres. Front suspension.
21 Shimano gears
Cyclamatic Power Plus CX1 electric bike has 21 Shimano gear combinations to offer. This isn’t the most on the market, but 21 gears will allow you to cycle on a variety of terrains pretty conveniently. No climbs should be a problem for you thanks to the 21 gears.
Front suspension fork
Having a front suspension fork, this bike is more of a general-purpose all-road mountain bike. The front fork should be pretty good at absorbing impact at moderately rough terrains, which makes this bike good for all-terrain cycling.
3 pedal assist modes
The main feature of Cyclamatic Power Plus CX1 electric bike is its 3 pedal assist modes – low, medium, and high – that get engaged when you start to pedal. With the pedal assist, you could reach speeds up to 15mph.
And because the pedal-assist stays off while you are not pedaling, the bike doesn’t waste any battery charge. It only engages the motor when you need it.
You could also switch the assist off completely to pedal CX1 just like a regular bike.
Sealed high-charge battery
The capacity of the included 36V Li-Ion battery is pretty good as well. On a full charge, the 250W motor allows this bike to cover 25 – 31 miles on normal terrain at up to 15 mph speeds. And that’s plenty of distance.
And if you use the assist mode intermittently during your trip, you could extend the battery life much further.
Both the rear and front wheels on this bike have disc brakes. So when it comes to braking performance, this bike should provide you with plenty of stopping power.
The padded seat of the CX1 bike has some good height adjustment to offer – 31.5 – 35.5 inches, to be exact. Paired with the 26” tires, this allows pretty much anyone aged above 14 and over 5’4” tall to conveniently ride this bike.
Quick-release battery and front wheel
The last feature that should be noted in Cyclamatic Power Plus CX1 electric bike is its quick-release battery and front wheel. The battery is easy to take and recharge, while the removable front wheel will allow you to make this bike more compact and convenient for transport and storage.
Features and Specs:
- 17″ steel frame
- 26″ wheels
- More powerful 250w brushless motor
- Upgraded 36V 8.8AH lithium battery
- 4-6 hours for full recharge
- Max distance: 25-31 miles
- Max speed: 15 m/h
- Fully sealed battery
- Safe to ride in the rain
- Padded saddle
- Disc brakes
- Kenda tyres
- 21 Speed Shimano gears
- Quick release battery
- Quick release front wheel
- Bell and reflectors
- Suitable for user 162cm / age 14 upwards
- Max user weight: 100KG
- Size: 170 x 63.5 x 130cm
- Weight of bike: 21Kgs
As our Cyclamatic power plus cx1 electric mountain bike review showed, CX1 is a pretty good electric mountain bike. With a price tag that puts it in the budget electric mountain bike category it’s certainly got a lot of features for such a reasonable price.
ANCHEER Classic Electric Mountain Bike
- ✔ 250W Electric Motor
- ✔ Up To 30 Miles Battery Range
- ✔ 21 Speed Gear System
- ✔ 85% Pre-Assembled
- ELECTRIC SYSTEM — Equipped with the 36V 8AH lithium-Ion removable battery and 250W stable motor, you can reach a range of up to 15-30 miles at top speed 15mph per charge. Plenty for a day’s adventure or most trips to travel and back. You can charge the battery on/off the ebike by your convenience. No worry for being stolen!
- HIGH QUALITY MATERIAL — The Aluminium Alloy frame– light, strong and designed to last, makes it easy to manoeuvre. Aluminium Alloy double-walled rims are for greater durability as well as faster ride with less drag. A high- strength front suspension fork can take your riding comfort to the next level.
- SHIFTER&BRAKE SYSTEM — Front and rear mechanical disc brakes Disc brakes for reliable all-weather stopping power. 21-Speed gear increases hill-climbing power, further range variation, and greater terrain adaptability. And the horn and the bright LED headlamp are equipped for night riding.
- 3 WORKING MODES — E-bike & Assisted bicycle & Normal bike. With the LED 3-speed smart meter button, you can choose the electric assist power according to your needs. You can add a burst of speed with the throttle, which is ideal for pulling away from traffic lights. Combining three modes would be a better choice.
- SERVICE AVAILABLE — With one-year warranty for the electric motor, battery and other parts except for frame, no worry about using it.
Electric bikes come in all shapes and sizes. Ancheer’s 36V mountain bike sits at the entry level for electric bicycles, but offers a powerful 250W motor that takes the pain out of cycling up hills.
The first thing you’ll notice is the battery which looks like an oversized drinks bottle. It makes it obvious you’re riding an electric bike, but the frame is otherwise just like a standard mountain bike. The removable battery means you can unlock it with the key and take it indoors to charge (which takes 4-6 hours).
The bike has tasteful retro style LED lights that not only adds to the appearance of the bike, but also your safety. It is easy to miss a biker when it is dark. The lights ensure the biker is not missed even in low light conditions.
Safely Go Fast Up to 25 mph
This e-bike is equipped with a 21-speed transmission system giving bikers the flexibility to travel fast at speeds up to 25 mph. With the fitted front and rear disc brakes, biking is perfectly safe especially when you need to make a sudden halt. This mountain bike also comes with a bright LED headlight which makes travelling in low-light a lot safer.
Durable and Lightweight
The Ancheer Power Plus electric bike’s front fork is made with carbon steel and the rest of the bike parts – the handlebars, saddle tube, wheels and pedals – are made with corrosion resistant aluminium alloy. Both of the mentioned materials are sturdy and light, so the bike does not feel heavy to manoeuvre. This e-bike can take on the challenge of going through rugged terrain.
Both the front and rear brakes are disk brakes. This offers a safer and sturdier ride for rough or uneven terrains.
Easy to Charge Lithium Battery
This mountain bike is versatile as it can be used with the battery and even without. When you don’t want the battery to support your riding, just remove it. The bike uses a removable lithium battery that is 36V. The 36V 12 Ah lithium ion battery comes with an easy charge port system so charging is not a problem. You have the option to charge the battery while fitted in the down tube or you can remove it to charge anywhere you like. When fully charged, this bike can take you up to a distance of 15 to 30 miles (with pedal assist).
The fork is made of carbon steel and the handle bar is made from aluminum alloy. This makes the bike light weight yet very sturdy. These metals can take heavy weights as well as rough terrain, thus making this an apt mountain bike.
Pedal Assist Varies Bike Functionality
The Pedal Assist feature allows the biker to choose whether to ride with or without working the pedals. You can turn off Pedal Assist completely so you can enjoy the ride by just twisting the throttle. You can set Pedal Assist low, mid or high varying biking speed accordingly while pedalling.
If you’re looking to buy an electric bike, the Ancheer Power Plus Electric Mountain Bike is a good option. The e-bike is affordable and the quality is good at that price point. If you don’t need a very fast electric bike and you have manageable travel needs, this e-bike can serve your purpose.
Jannyshop Folding Electric Bike
- ✔ Lightweight Aluminium Alloy Collapsible Frame
- ✔ Max Speed Of Up To 22mph
- ✔ Fully Charged In 3-6 Hours
- ✔ Up To 25 Miles On A Single Charge
The Jannyshop 14″ folding electric bike can be used in two modes. Full Electric and Assisted modes. You can switch at any time via the switch on the handlebars. The Bikes comes with front and rear mudguards as well as front and rear LED lights. the onboard computer display shows a variety of information to the rider including the remaining battery change and current speed.
If you find yourself needing to stop quickly, the front and rear mechanical disc brakes will not let you down. Far more responsive that traditional V brakes, they will hopefully help you get out of any sticky situations you find yourself in.
The 350 watt high speed motor really does pack a punch. You’ll be able to ride with or without pedalling depending on your mood. We think this bike is a winner. A great option for those with the budget to accommodate. Check it out!
“Just as described, quality down to the last nut and bolt.”
“I’m 75 and this is the first time I’ve cycled for 25 years. A new lease of life.”
Lixada HIMO C20 Folding Electric Bike
- ✔ 250W Powerful Electric Motor
- ✔ Up To 19mph
- ✔ 10Ah Lithium Battery Allows 31 Mile Range
- ✔ Front And Rear Mechanical Disc Brakes
This electric bike is constructed from aluminium alloy, strong enough to support a maximum user weight of 100kg. The bike features 250W powerful motor, 25km/h max speed, Shiman0 shifting system and double braking system. With collapsible design, this electric bike is very convenient for commuting.
The Lixada HIMO C20 electric bike is built from aluminium alloy. This makes it strong enough to support the maximum rider weight of 100kg. The HIMO C20 features a powerful 250W motor with a top speed of 19mph. The 10Ah lithium battery allows for a range of up to 31 miles on a single charge in full electric mode. The onboard battery management system keeps the battery in tip top shape and makes sure that it doesn’t get overcharged. Ensuring a longer service life.
The HIMO C20 has front and rear bright LED lights to added safety at night. The highly performant mechanical disc brakes stop the bike quickly and effectively adding to the assurance that this bike is extremely safe.
Lixada have designed a bike that is perfect for those short, urban, daily commutes to work or the shops. The HIMO C20’s foldable nonslip pedals and handlebars help make for easy storage. Whether at home, the office or in the car boot, you’ll be able to fold the HIMO C20 away in even the smallest of spaces.
We think it’s a strong example of what you can get for an average budget. What do you think?
BIKFUN Folding Electric Mountain Bike
- ✔ Front And Rear Mechanical Disc Brakes
- ✔ Bright LED Headlights And Horn
- ✔ Compact and Lightweight Foldable Bike
- ✔ Arrives 85% Assembled
- Three Modes to Meet Diverse Needs: There are three working modes, among which are normal mode, electric mode and power assistance mode. The modes can be switched at any time and just enjoy your trip with your mind.
- More Flexible Design: Compact and lightweight, this lovely bike is foldable and can be taken away after folding and put in the trunk of a car. Adjustable handlebars and saddle heights suitable for different heights of people.Battery can be removed for easy charging. The bright LED headlights and horn are ideal for night cycling.
- Brake and Gear Shift System: Electric folding bike is equipped with mechanical disc brakes on the front and rear, and that features it perfect climbing ability and high shock absorption, and achieve fast braking once you press the brake.
- Battery and Motor System with High Performance: The 36V / 7.8Ah lithium battery is equipped with an intelligent charger, and your bike will be full of energy by chargeing only for 4 to 6 hours; 250W high speed gear motor with lower power consumption could able to reach a speed up to 25 km/h.
- Installation and Customer Service: This ebike achieves 85% of assembly. Fast delivery allows you to get your loved bike as soon as possible. The main electrical devices, e.g. batteries and electric motor, are guaranteed for one year. And you are welcome to contact us if you have any problems!
The BIKFUN Folding Electric Mountain Bike has an approximate radius of 15 to 30 miles on a full charge and can reach a top speed of 15mph. The 36V 8Ah lithium battery is removable and takes approximately 4 to 6 hours to fully charge. The lithium battery powers a 250W brushless high speed geared motor that previous customers have described as ‘silent’ which is great because no one wants a constant ‘moped’ noise while they’re out and about.
The bike folds away for easy storage or transportation. We think this is a great bike and is cheaper than many of the competitors that have similar features. Well worth considering.