Top 4 Best Electric Mountain Bikes Under £2000 (September 2020)
People who love to bike but dislike tackling the trails will be well placed with one of the best electric mountain bikes under £2000. With an added premium battery pack, an e-bike offers a considerable boost as you pedal. This gives you a chance to tackle those trails you so dislike.
Electric mountain bikes are fantastic all-rounders. Offering a combination of superior comfort and outstanding performance thanks to high speed motors.
Like traditional mountain bikes, some electric mountain bikes are equipped with hydraulic disc brakes. Hydraulic brakes are great for off road use. Especially where there is water and mud involved. Hydraulic disc brakes are much for effective in wet conditions than traditional v-brakes. Having disc brakes front and rear on your electric mountain bike will mean you keep your stopping power in almost all conditions.
A full suspension electric mountain bike is usually more expensive than a mountain bike without a full suspension. Getting an electric mountain bike with the same capabilities as a traditional mountain bike is usually more expensive. As a lot of the budget has gone into getting the best electric motor and battery combination.
The best electric mountain bikes under £2000 tires are known to be strong and aggressive. Therefore adding comfort on the roughest of terrains. We’ve taken our time to find the best recommendations we can and listed them below. Enjoy!
Shengmilo MX01 Electric Folding Mountain Bike
- ✔ Front And Rear Mechanical Disc Brakes
- ✔ Monster 1000W Brushless Motor
- ✔ Between 35 And 55 Miles On A Single Charge
- ✔ Lightweight Aluminium Alloy Frame
- BATTERY: 48V & 13Ah lithium-ion battery with bicycle frame hidden, perfectly integrated, easy to charge and release, easy to cycle
- 48V 1000W MOTOR: Our motorised bike with a 48V battery and a 1000 watt motor, you can reach about 50 miles to recharge once.
- THREE DRIVING MODES: pure battery electric bicycle, electric bicycle, human pedal bicycle.If there is no electricity in the electric bicycle, you can use the pedals to ride the bicycle. In the case of electric self-powered, the speed can be increased by the pedals
- SHOCK ABSORPTION FUNCTION: The electric bicycle has FULL shock absorption function. There is no pressure when driving a bumpy road. The body of the electric bicycle is made of aluminium alloy.
- FOLDING DESIGN & ZERO EMISSIONS: Our aluminium folding bicycle frame can accommodate riders up to 180kg. And the eco-friendly e-bike is 100% electric and emission-free, saving both your wallet and the environment
Shengmilo is based on green travel and fitness. Shengmilo is practical, smart and practical, with a focus on comfort and style. The MX01 electric bicycle is designed with an all-aluminum frame, built-in battery, battery can be charged in the car, or the battery can be used. Take it down and charge it. Taiwan factory custom leather fully adjustable saddle is better ergonomic, with rechargeable taillights, safer riding at night.
Here is a collection of current customer reviews to give you a sense of how well the Shengmilo MX01 has been received.
“The bike is absolutely fantastic this is the first e bike I’ve ever had and love it takes the effort out of biking so glad I purchased it.”
“Initially bigger and heavier than expected. However after only 3 outings absolutely fantastic possibilities.”
“Very pleased with our purchase, We are over 60 and find them incredibly useful and exciting.”
“Very well made good strong bike very easy to put together.”
GUNAI Folding Electric Mountain Bike
- ✔ Dual Hydraulic Disc Brakes
- ✔ LCD Display With Night Mode For Visibility At Night
- ✔ 4" Fat Tyres
- ✔ Three Working Modes. Twist Throttle, Power Assist Or Pedal Only
- Twist throttle（22-27miles)
- Power assisted （27-50 miles)
- Pedal only
- You can enjoy a long time trip with any mode according to your needs, combining three modes would be a better choice.
- 26 x 4.0inch FAT TIRES EBIKE: Tackle the tough the sand, snow or road with ease.
- Aluminium Alloy Frame
- Full Suspension Fork, offers smooth cushioning and shock absorption when cycling on rough terrains, enjoying the stimulate during your ride.
- The Display With Night Mode LCD Ensure Visibility At Night And Shows Mileage and Speed and Battery Level and Recommend You When you need to prepare for The Next Charging.
- DUAL HYDRAULIC DISC BRAKES: It can conquer all terrains like off road with comfortable riding experience. And when you brake, the power will automatically cut off.
- One-year warranty for the electric motor, frame and six-months for the battery.
GUNAI E-Bike, It has an aluminium frame with a front suspension fork. The 1000 Watt motor that is powered by the 48V battery provides enough power to keep you can travel a distance of 70-90 miles under full electric power and has a speed of up to 45km/h. 4″ tires help tackle the tough the sand, snow or road with ease. To top it all off, the overall design is stylish.
The batteries can be charged directly on the bike or disassembled to charge.Just 4 quick and easy steps to dismount the bike battery. Equipped with a smart lithium battery charger, fast charge of 5 hours, it adapts to the needs of your long distance trip.
- Open folding buckle
- Insert the key
- Turn the key counterclockwise, let the lock loop protrude and retract inside the car hose
- The battery could be removed by removing the key
The manpower mode and the electric mode can easily tackle the uphill and downhill at variable speed. Shimano 21-speed professional transmission system for more gear changes in different road conditions. The SHIMANO series developed from driving behavior has demonstrated its commitment to the test of time. Even in professional accessories, it always shows its quality and durability. The folding design is practical and saves space. It can be placed in the trunk of the car and is perfect for traveling.
We love this bike, it’s a real ‘jack of all trades’ the fact we’re able to present a mountain bike that is semi-electric (as in you can turn it off if you choose to) and folds up to a size that you could fit it in the boot of your car is pretty impressive. What’s even better is the fact that almost every component on the Gunai Electric Mountain Bike is premium quality. The ‘fat tyres’ are perfect for those who want to take this bike off road. Once you get onto uneven terrain you’ll be thankful that the Gunai has a full suspension system including the rear four-bar aluminium alloy shock absorber.
This bike comes with built in LED headlights that really do pierce through the darkness giving the rider a clear view of the path ahead. These LEDs are listed as waterproof although we haven’t had the bike long enough to test the longevity of these lights. We’ve reviewed previous customer feedback and there is not mention of any problems with the LEDs so we’re confident they’re perfectly fine.
When you look at the rest of the bikes components it’s easy to believe that the LEDs are also of the highest quality.
We have however seen some feedback that the instructions are a little sketchy but given enough time you should be able to make sense of the folding mechanism.
Here are some of the key points made by current owners of this folding electric mountain bike.
“This thing is a great deal of fun to ride, and looks absolutely ridiculous.”
“It came with a lock for the seat which is handy and unexpected.”
“What a fantastic bike probably over kill for what I need but no doubt will use it more for other things.”
“Tackled the muddy conditions and hills no problem.”
“Did turn off battery for a bit otherwise I would not have done any exercise.”
“my only complaint is the instructions are a JOKE very poor.”
“Very strong and beautiful bike.”
“Great bike great fun, just no instruction. My husband using it every day for work and loves it.”
“The Bike is very well made. Very good ride, very good brakes.”
RICH BIT RT860 Folding Electric Mountain Bike
- ✔ A Really Cool Colour Scheme
- ✔ Rear Luggage Rack
- ✔ High Performance Mechanical Disc Brakes
- ✔ Up To 22 Miles Battery Range
- Recommended Rider-Height: 165Cm–190Cm // 5’5″-6’3″, Max Weight Support150Kg 330 Lbs
- Motor: 250W 36V Brushless Motor. Max Speed: About 35Km / H. Battery Capacity: 36V 12.8Ah . Battery Mileage 35-45 (Full Electric Mode). 45-65 (Pedal Assist Mode). Battery Life Over 500 Times Recharge Cycle
- Three Cycling Modes:Full Electric Mode: The Right Handlebar Has The Throttle.You Can Easily Drive The E Bike Pedal Assistance Mode: You Can Save 70% Of Your Effortfull Power-Down Mode: Like A Bicycle, You Must Make The Bike By Pedaling Forward
The Richbit RT-860 is a folding electric bike with the battery concealed within the frame. It has 21 speed Shimano gears and an LCD screen displaying speed and battery remaining. Either charge the battery unit while it is in the frame or remove it for added convenience.
There are disc brakes and an LED front light. Dock and charge your mobile on the go with the integrated handlebar mounted phone grip. The Richbit RT-860 can support riders weighing up to 185kg, with a height between 165 cms and 190cms.
When folded the bike measures a compact 86 cm x 102 cms.
It аlѕо hаѕ exceptional rаnge per сhаrgе аllоwіng уоu tо trаvеrѕе trails аnуwhеrе bеtwееn 18 аnd 22 miles lоng wіthоut once hаvіng to роwеr uр аgаіn. Thіѕ mеаnѕ that you hаvе thе rаngе to go аnуwhеrе and do аnуthіng you lіkе all wіth the аѕѕіѕtаnсе оf thе еlесtrіс motor alone.
Not оnlу that but thе роwеrful ebike motor іnѕіdе thе Richbit RT-860 is also capable of tаkіng you thеrе with a tор speed оf 31 mіlеѕ реr hour. Pоwеrful аnd еlеgаnt made in a luxurу ѕtуlе frоm a lightweight аlumіnium аllоу, thе Richbit RT-860 is one оf thе absolute best mountain еbіkеѕ thаt RісhBіt has еvеr рrоduсеd.
FIIDO M1 Electric Mountain Bike
- ✔ LED Screen Ensures Nighttime Visibility
- ✔ Fat 4" Tyres Give This Mountain Bike Great Off Road Grip
- ✔ 250W Motor
- ✔ 7 Speed Professional Transmission System
Dual Shock Absorption Structure
equipped with cst20 * 4.0 tires,52 tooth chain disk and Shimano 7-speed transmission with good shock absorption effect and riding stability.
Built-in detachable rechargeable, a large battery capacity of 12.5ah at most, with a long endurance.
Three Riding Modes
Pure electric mode, riding mode, and electric power-assisted mode. When the accelerator is turned, it is automatically electric mode; without the fuel gate, stepping on the pedal is electric power-assisted mode.
The body is made of high-strength aluminum alloy, light and rust-free; the body supports folding in half, which is suitable for most of the car’s back-up carriages.
250W Brushless Motor
lower power consumption, 20% stronger endurance and larger starting torque.
Dual Disc Brake
Front and rear dual disc brake, more stable and effective brake.
Fiido is based in Shenzhen, China and is a relatively new name in electric bikes. The M1 is the only full-suspension model aimed at off-road riding.
That should be obvious from the seriously wide four-inch tyres, though their thickness is accentuated because these are 20in wheels, not the 26- or 29in rims you typically find on mountain bikes. So the M1 is an unusual beast. It’s a folding, electric bike with compact wheels that has proper off-road aspirations.
When folded, the M1 measures 960x790x450mm. So it is no Brompton. It isn’t trying to be a Brompton, to be fair to Fiido, and the mere fact that it folds makes it a lot easier to get it into your car, or on a train. The handlebars and pedals fold, too, and there’s a built-in stand beneath the crank which keeps the bike upright when folded.
More on that shortly, but the battery itself has a larger-than-average capacity of 12.5Ah. Compare that to the 8.8Ah battery supplied as standard with the Carrera Vengeance-E. Bigger batteries take longer to recharge, and from empty you’ll be waiting about 8-9 hours for the M1’s to reach 100%.
You can remove the battery when the bike is folded for charging separate to the bike. The key is required to remove it, as well as for turning on the ignition: the electronics will not power on unless you insert the key and turn it to the correct position.
Fiido claims a range of up to 100km which is almost certainly unobtainable, even in the perfect test conditions it specifies for this figure. A more realistic real-world range for road riding is around 40-60km / 30-40 miles, so long as you are pedalling the whole time. Expect around half of that for off road, which is much tougher.
Given the weight and fat tyres, the M1 is surprisingly sprightly. The motor offers a good amount of torque and easily propels you up hills. I say you, but what I really mean is me, and I weigh slightly less than the 70kg Fiido uses for the maximum range calculations.
It’s also supremely good fun to ride off road: not necessarily for actual mountain biking, but for woodland trails and any surface that isn’t tarmac. If you want a bike mainly for road riding, there are better choices.