Top 3 Best Electric Mountain Bikes Under £1000 (April 2021)
People who love to bike but dislike tackling the trails will be well placed with one of the best electric mountain bikes under £1000. With an added premium battery pack, an e-bike offers a considerable boost as you pedal. This gives you a chance to tackle those trails you so dislike.
Electric mountain bikes are fantastic all-rounders. Offering a combination of superior comfort and outstanding performance thanks to high speed motors.
Like traditional mountain bikes, some electric mountain bikes are equipped with hydraulic disc brakes. Hydraulic brakes are great for off road use. Especially where there is water and mud involved. Hydraulic disc brakes are much for effective in wet conditions than traditional v-brakes. Having disc brakes front and rear on your electric mountain bike will mean you keep your stopping power in almost all conditions.
A full suspension electric mountain bike is usually more expensive than a mountain bike without a full suspension. Getting an electric mountain bike with the same capabilities as a traditional mountain bike is usually more expensive. As a lot of the budget has gone into getting the best electric motor and battery combination.
The best electric mountain bikes under £1000 tires are known to be strong and aggressive. Therefore adding comfort on the roughest of terrains. We’ve taken our time to find the best recommendations we can and listed them below. Enjoy!
Basis Hunter Electric Mountain Bike
- ✔ 6 Speed Shimano Gearing
- ✔ 250W 36v Rear Hub Motor
- ✔ 7.8Ah Frame Integrated Battery
- ✔ Up To 25 Miles Battery Range
- Frame: 17″ Integrated Battery Alloy
- Forks: Front Suspension MTB Fork
- Battery: 7.8Ah LG Cells – Frame Integrated
- Motor: 250w 36v Rear Hub
- Brakes: Alloy V-Brakes Front & Rear
- Gearing: Shimano 6 Speed
- Wheels: 26″ Alloy
- Tyres: 26″x2.125 MTB
- Display: LED w/ 4MPH Walk Assist
- Colour: Black/Lime
- Range: Up to 25 Miles*
A game changer from Basis Bikes.
The most discreet electric bike we’ve seen from the E-Bikes Direct exclusive brand. To the untrained eye, the Hunter seems to be an orinary adult MTB. Look a little closer and you’ll see a chunky lower frame tube disceetly packing a 7.8Ah 36v LG battery, this sends the power to it’s 250w 36v rear hub brushless motor providing that surge of torque to the rear wheel as you pedal to make the trickiest of inclines and terrains an absolute breeze.
Enjoy up to 25 miles of assistance from a single charge of the battery, with the motor capable of speeds up to 15.5MPH. Besides the brains & heart of this clever bike, Basis have included front suspension MTB forks to cushion the ride in unison with the 26″ wheels wrapped in 2.125 off-road tyres. As for gearing, the Hunter packs a Shimano 6 speed system with a 14-28t ratio adjusted by a handlebar mounted grip shifter, which, with the power assistance ensures an effortless but adrenaline filled adventure!
A very well equipped electric mountain bike, with attributes only seen on bikes of a much higher price range.
With a few cherries on top to sweeten the deal such as a handy kickstand, internally routed wiring and a 4MPH walk assist mode, the Hunter checks all the boxes.
ANCHEER Classic Electric Mountain Bike
- ✔ 250W Electric Motor
- ✔ Up To 30 Miles Battery Range
- ✔ 21 Speed Gear System
- ✔ 85% Pre-Assembled
- ELECTRIC SYSTEM — Equipped with the 36V 8AH lithium-Ion removable battery and 250W stable motor, you can reach a range of up to 15-30 miles at top speed 15mph per charge. Plenty for a day’s adventure or most trips to travel and back. You can charge the battery on/off the ebike by your convenience. No worry for being stolen!
- HIGH QUALITY MATERIAL — The Aluminium Alloy frame– light, strong and designed to last, makes it easy to manoeuvre. Aluminium Alloy double-walled rims are for greater durability as well as faster ride with less drag. A high- strength front suspension fork can take your riding comfort to the next level.
- SHIFTER&BRAKE SYSTEM — Front and rear mechanical disc brakes Disc brakes for reliable all-weather stopping power. 21-Speed gear increases hill-climbing power, further range variation, and greater terrain adaptability. And the horn and the bright LED headlamp are equipped for night riding.
- 3 WORKING MODES — E-bike & Assisted bicycle & Normal bike. With the LED 3-speed smart meter button, you can choose the electric assist power according to your needs. You can add a burst of speed with the throttle, which is ideal for pulling away from traffic lights. Combining three modes would be a better choice.
- SERVICE AVAILABLE — With one-year warranty for the electric motor, battery and other parts except for frame, no worry about using it.
Electric bikes come in all shapes and sizes. Ancheer’s 36V mountain bike sits at the entry level for electric bicycles, but offers a powerful 250W motor that takes the pain out of cycling up hills.
The first thing you’ll notice is the battery which looks like an oversized drinks bottle. It makes it obvious you’re riding an electric bike, but the frame is otherwise just like a standard mountain bike. The removable battery means you can unlock it with the key and take it indoors to charge (which takes 4-6 hours).
The bike has tasteful retro style LED lights that not only adds to the appearance of the bike, but also your safety. It is easy to miss a biker when it is dark. The lights ensure the biker is not missed even in low light conditions.
Safely Go Fast Up to 25 mph
This e-bike is equipped with a 21-speed transmission system giving bikers the flexibility to travel fast at speeds up to 25 mph. With the fitted front and rear disc brakes, biking is perfectly safe especially when you need to make a sudden halt. This mountain bike also comes with a bright LED headlight which makes travelling in low-light a lot safer.
Durable and Lightweight
The Ancheer Power Plus electric bike’s front fork is made with carbon steel and the rest of the bike parts – the handlebars, saddle tube, wheels and pedals – are made with corrosion resistant aluminium alloy. Both of the mentioned materials are sturdy and light, so the bike does not feel heavy to manoeuvre. This e-bike can take on the challenge of going through rugged terrain.
Both the front and rear brakes are disk brakes. This offers a safer and sturdier ride for rough or uneven terrains.
Easy to Charge Lithium Battery
This mountain bike is versatile as it can be used with the battery and even without. When you don’t want the battery to support your riding, just remove it. The bike uses a removable lithium battery that is 36V. The 36V 12 Ah lithium ion battery comes with an easy charge port system so charging is not a problem. You have the option to charge the battery while fitted in the down tube or you can remove it to charge anywhere you like. When fully charged, this bike can take you up to a distance of 15 to 30 miles (with pedal assist).
The fork is made of carbon steel and the handle bar is made from aluminum alloy. This makes the bike light weight yet very sturdy. These metals can take heavy weights as well as rough terrain, thus making this an apt mountain bike.
Pedal Assist Varies Bike Functionality
The Pedal Assist feature allows the biker to choose whether to ride with or without working the pedals. You can turn off Pedal Assist completely so you can enjoy the ride by just twisting the throttle. You can set Pedal Assist low, mid or high varying biking speed accordingly while pedalling.
If you’re looking to buy an electric bike, the Ancheer Power Plus Electric Mountain Bike is a good option. The e-bike is affordable and the quality is good at that price point. If you don’t need a very fast electric bike and you have manageable travel needs, this e-bike can serve your purpose.
FIIDO D2S Folding Electric Mountain Bike
- ✔ Front And Rear Mudguards
- ✔ 250W Powerful 36V Motor
- ✔ Strong Rustless Aviation Aluminium Alloy Frame
- ✔ High Quality Front And Rear LEDs For Extra Vision At Night
- Variable Speed Bicycle & rear-shock absorber
- The D2S foldable electric bike with 6 speeds on-demand gets you wherever you need to go with the smooth-shifting indexed SHIMANO derailleur. It’s your best choice for uphill climbing, downhill riding, or pure acceleration. The foldable electric bike add rear-shock absorber for improve riding comfortableness. Adopting brushless and toothed motor, lower power consumption, 20% longer battery life than normal brushless and toothless motor.
- Outstanding Range and Speed
- The foldable electric bike has 250W powerful motor 36V & 7.8Ah lithium lion battery easily help you to drive up to 25km/h. High capacity battery design can ride 40km mileage in pure electric (depending on weight). Three modes of riding [Electric, moped ( power assist system ) and manpower modes] for your different need, it is ideal for getting around the city and short distance travel.
- Perfect for Storage
- Full electric bicycle frame is aviation-aluminium-alloy, strong and rustless. The bicycle is only 19.5KG, maximum load up to 120KG. Smaller after folding three times, foldable electric bike it allows you to simply store inside the tightest of places like compact vehicles, under the desk, on subways, making the bike very manageable when storing (folding size: 75 x 35 x 65 CM).
- Safety Guarantee
- Our folding ebike front and rear fitted with high quality LED lights for night. With USB phone holder, power monitor, speed control in the handle. Adjustable heights of handlebar and saddle for different heights of people. Inflatable 16 inch rubber tire with anti-slip texture, great shockproof effect, giving you a comfortable riding experience in steep roads. Disc-brake also ensure electric bike braking distance is reduced adding to the safety of the rider.
the FIIDO D2S offers excellent strength given by the invoice of the materials used, with aluminium frame and rubber inserts.
In this sense, the seat and the handlebar give excellent feedback. Compared to the past (FIIDO D2), the performance of these last two inserts has been improved with the presence of a more stable handlebar and the addition of a display to replace the ignition key. Despite some improvements, however, the “precariousness” of the hook remains closed to close the hinge of the bike. In general, however, the build quality is to be appreciated and a step above the other e-bikes in this price range.
FIIDO D2S electric bicycle comes with 250W ground-breaking engine offers a quick speed of up to 25km every hour. There are three modes Pure electric mode; Cycling mode; Power help mode. it also has the 7.8AH lithium battery permits 20-35km territory in unadulterated electric mode, 40 – 50km territory by power help mode. FIIDO D2S electric bicycle comes With a USB mount on the handlebar intended for holding your cell phone helpfully. it can be Customisable seat stature suits various riders. The Suspension framework diminishes stun for an agreeable ride. There is 6-level speed move to suit for various street conditions. the design is perfect and made of Aluminium amalgam development for outrageous sturdiness. Max. load: 120kg. The Effective circle brake in both front and back wheels for more secure braking and riding. FIIDO D2S electric bicycle Overly splendid LED fog light and backlight for included wellbeing during the evening. Three stages speedy collapsing, collapsible for simple stockpiling and transport. Perfect for urban, driving, short outing, shopping, and day by day use.
The electric bike FIIDO D2S can count on three different driving modes: assisted, full electric and one that relies totally on human effort. As you may have guessed, the last mode is based only on pedalling and assumes an important value since the bike – unlike its predecessor – offers the Shimano exchange to 6 reports. On the other hand, pedal assistance uses both the motor and the effort made by the user and is recommended when traveling on long, slightly steep sections.
The last mode, the most energy-intensive one, is the full electric which makes full use of the engine to run. In this mode the FIIDO D2S however it differs from other e-bikes, offering three different modes distinguished by the Low, Medium and High buttons. These modes, selectable directly from the handlebar, will allow you to reach some standard speeds and more precisely you will reach a maximum of 10 km / h by setting Low, 15 km / h with Medium and 20 km / h by selecting High.
- Motor power: 250W;
- Maximum speed 25 km / h;
- Built-in 7.800 mAh battery;
- 16 inch tires;
- Three driving modes;
- Shimano 6-speed gearbox;
- LED front light;
- Aluminum alloy frame;
- Supported weight: 120 kg;
- Bike weight 19 kg;
- 135 dimensions x 40 x 110 cm;
- Front / rear disc brake;
- Rear shock absorber.