Top 6 Best Carbon Road Bikes Under £3000 (January 2021)
The latest generation of carbon road bikes under £3000 offer a fantastic combination of performance and value. It’s a very good material for bike frames, both light and stiff, two very desirable features in a bike frame. Modern carbon frames are comfortable as well. Gone are the days when you would expect a harsh ride from a carbon bike.
Entry-level carbon road bikes normally offer slightly less exotic groupsets and components. Yet tend to feature very well-engineered frames. Look for a carbon frame instead of steel as it’ll be almost as strong but just a fraction of the weight.
- ✔ High Modulus Carbon Frame & Fork
- ✔ 11 Speed Shimano Ultegra Gearing System
- ✔ Dropped Handlebars & Racing Saddle
- ✔ Fully Assembled In The UK
“I don’t care how old you are or how young you look, cycling is for everyone.” So said our designer and rider, David Zabriskie. He was right. There’s something about pedalling a bike that can make you feel limitless, and the Finale Carbon Road Bike embodies that feeling of freedom.
As you ride, the Finale Carbon Road Bike will lead the way. Its superlight, superstrong carbon fiber frame is a solid foundation for all of your rides, whether you’re on pavement or off-road. It’s a lightweight, yet powerful road bike. It’s hand-built with a carbon fiber frame and is fully customizable for the rider. The Finale Carbon Road Bike offers a variety of options to help you dial in your perfect ride.
This bike has something about it. Something you get with a limited edition model. A sense of exclusivity. The Finale is Moda’s flagship road bike and it’s very clear to see that they’ve taken time, effort and attention on every possible detail. A stunningly good bike, well worth considering.
Cinelli Veltrix Caliper
- ✔ Columbus Carbon Monocoque Carbon Fiber Frame
- ✔ 22 Speed Shimano Gearing System
- ✔ Internal Cable Routing
- ✔ Dynamic Sport Racing Tyres
- Frame: Columbus Carbon Monocoque
- Forks: Columbus 1 1/8″ – 1 1/2″ Monocoque
- Cable Routing: Internal Routing – Di2/EPS
- Axles: 100mm/130mm QR
- Bottom Bracket: BSA 68mm
- Seatpost Dia: 31.6mm
- Max Tyre Clearance: 700x28c
- Frame Weight: 1200g
- Fork Weight: 460g
- Components: Shimano 105 11x
- Chainset: FSA Omega MX Chainset 34/50T
- Brake Calipers: Miche Performance
- Cassette Miche Primato 11x 11/29T
- Chain: KMC 11x
- Saddle: Cinelli SSM Monza
- Bar/Stem/Seatpost: Cinelli Alu
- Wheelset: Vision Team 25 Clincher
- Tyres: Impac RacePac 700x25c
The Veltrix is a carbon fiber road bike with an all-carbon frame. Lightweight and highly responsive, the Veltrix is designed for a wide range of riders and will give you a great ride. The Veltrix features an aggressive geometry with a comfortable reach, short chainstays, and upright riding position. This is the perfect bike for the rider that doesn’t want to compromise on performance but also doesn’t want to spend too much money.
It’s built with an agile, responsive frame that rewards you with an incredibly smooth ride. The Veltrix Caliper has a lightweight carbon-fiber fork to keep things responsive. And the wheels are made with high quality Formula hubs for added durability. But the most important thing about a Veltrix is its build quality. This bike is built to last, so you can enjoy it for many years to come.
A nice carbon road bike by Cinelli. They may have been around for a long time but Cinelli are by no means behind the curve. This modern bike is kitted out with everything you need. Whether you’re enjoying a comfortable ride out in the countryside, a safe commute to work or a race to the finish line. The Veltrix has you covered.
- ✔ High Modulus Carbon Frame & Fork
- ✔ 11 Speed Shimano Ultregra Gearing System
- ✔ Internal Cable Routing
- ✔ Assembled In The UK
- Frame – Full Aero LDC High Modulus Carbon, Carbon Drop Outs, Press Fit 30 BB, internal cable routing.
- Fork – Full LDC High Modulus Carbon with Carbon Steerer and Drop Outs.
- Wheels – American Classic Colour Matched Aero 3 420
- Tyres – Kenda Kaliente Pro 23c
- Shifters – Shimano Ultegra 11 Speed
- Front Derailleur – Shimano Ultegra
- Rear Derailleur – Shimano Ultegra 11 Speed
- Chainset – Shimano Ultegra 53/39
- Cassette – Shimano 11 Speed
- Saddle – Barelli Pro Saddle
- Seatpost – Barelli LDC Carbon 31.6mm
- Seat Clamp – Alloy 34.9
- Handlebar – Barelli LDC Pro 31.8mm
- Stem – Barelli LDC Pro 31.8mm 110mm
- Headset – FSA Sealed Integrated Cartridge Bearings 1-1/8th Upper 1.5″ Lower
- Brakeset – Shimano Ultegra
- Weight- 16.4lb / 7.43kg
The Stretto carbon road bike combines performance and style with its lightweight carbon fiber frame. It features a lightweight, responsive frame, carbon fiber fork, fine-tuned suspension, and a wide range of disc brake options to meet your needs. All of these features work together to provide supreme speed and reliability.
The colour scheme is described as ‘Smoke, Primer and Chalk’. It’s clear to see that Moda have tried to design a beautiful road bike that will attract compliments where ever it goes. Whats more, we think they’ve succeeded. It’s a beautiful bike that has the components to back it up in terms of performance and comfort. Well worth considering.
Orro Venturi Evo
- ✔ Full Carbon Fiber Frame, Fork & Seat Post
- ✔ 11 Speed Shimano Gearing System
- ✔ Shimano 105 Disc 7000 Hydraulic Brakes
- ✔ Continental Grand Sport Race 28c Tyres
- Rear Derailleur: Shimano 105 7000
- Front Derailleur: Shimano 105 7000
- Cassette: Shimano 105 7000 11-30
- Tyres: Continental Grand Sport Race 28c
- Shifters: Shimano 105 7020 Hydraulic
- Brake Calipers: Shimano 105 Disc 7000 Hydraulic
- Handlebar: Deda Zero 1
- Stem: Deda Zero 1
- Saddle: Prologo Kappa RS
- Seatpost: ORRO Carbon Aero
- Wheelset: Vision Team 30
- Fork: ORRO Venturi Evo
- Frame: ORRO Venturi Evo
- Chainset: Shimano RS510 52-36
The Venturi Evo is a high performance road bike designed for the rider who wants an elite ride. The Venturi Evo is a high performance and reliable carbon fiber road bike that is designed to perform well on the road and in the dirt. With its lightweight carbon fiber frame, disc brakes, and integrated suspension, this bike will handle every day riding with ease.
Born from the Italian passion for racing, Venturi’s bikes are designed with speed and performance in mind. They use an innovative, time-tested formula to deliver high-speed performance. The rider sits within a slender position on the frame, creating a very aerodynamic silhouette that delivers optimal speed.
We like this bike a lot. It’s highly durable and dependable road bike that offers an impressive performance for the cost. Looking for a dependable road bike? Look no further than the Orro Venturi Evo 105 Carbon Road Bike.
Cannondale SuperSix Evo
- ✔ Super Strong Carbon Frame
- ✔ BallisTec Carbon Fork
- ✔ 11 Speed Shimano 105 Gearing System
- ✔ Mavic Yksion Elite Tyres
- Frame – New SuperSix EVO, BallisTec Carbon, Di2 Compatible, SPEED SAVE, PressFit BB30
- Fork – New SuperSix EVO, BallisTec Carbon , SPEED SAVE, integrated crown race, 1-1/8″ to 1-1/4″ steerer
- Shock – N/A
- Number of Gears – 11-speed
- Shifters – Shimano 105
- Chainset – Cannondale Si, BB30a, FSA rings
- Chainrings – 52/36
- Cassette – Shimano 105, 11-28, 11-speed
- Chain – Shimano HG601
- Front Derailleur – Shimano 105, braze-on
- Rear Derailleur – Shimano 105
- Bottom Bracket – Cannondale Alloy PressFit30
- Pedals – Not included
- Rims – Mavic Aksium WTS
- Front Hub – Mavic Aksium
- Rear Hub – Mavic Aksium
- Front Tyre – Mavic Yksion Elite, folding, 700x25c
- Rear Tyre – Mavic Yksion Elite, folding, 700x25c
- Front Brake – Shimano 105
- Rear Brake – Shimano 105
- Brake Levers – Shimano 105
- Handlebars – Cannondale C3, Butted 6061 Alloy, Compact
- Grips – Cannondale Bar Tape w/Gel, 2.5mm
- Headset – SuperSix EVO, 1-1/4″ lower bearing, 25mm top cap
- Stem – Cannondale C3, 6061 Alloy, 31.8, 6 deg.
- Saddle – Prologo Kappa 3 STN Rail
- Seatpost – Cannondale C3, 6061 Alloy, 25.4x350mm
The Cannondale SuperSix Evo Carbon Road Bike is the new flagship from cannondale. The superlight, superfast carbon composite frame is engineered with a precise mix of stiffness and compliance to provide a ride that’s fast whether you’re sprinting out of the box or pushing up a long climb. To make sure it’s just as efficient as it is fast, Cannondale’s engineers designed the carbon fork with strategically placed alloy steerer tube inserts to maintain stiffness while absorbing road vibrations.
It’s a high-end road bike with a carbon frame for light weight, responsive performance, and easy maintenance. This award winning bike is lighter than the next leading competitor at only 8.7 lbs (4.1 kg), yet has the strength to take on the most demanding terrain with race-ready components. With its innovative, aerodynamic tubing and ultra-lightweight carbon frame, the SuperSix Evo Carbon Road Bike delivers a smooth ride that goes the distance. The RST chainring system with bash guard protects your drivetrain, and it features a full carbon fork for maximum power transfer.
What a nice bike. We like this bike a lot. It’s well worth looking at if you’re in the market for a new carbon road bike.
- ✔ Strong Carbon Fiber Frame & Fork
- ✔ 22 Speed Shimano Gearing System
- ✔ 140mm PRO Floating Hydraulic Disc Brakes
- ✔ Continental Ultra Sport 2 Tyres
Thunder is a new name in road bikes. Designed to excel in every aspect, it has a unique blend of performance, technology and style. Thunder is well known for its carbon road bike line, with their proprietary carbon fiber that withstands extreme forces better than the standard carbon used in other brands. The frame also features disc brakes, which are reliable and powerful with great stopping power. The bike provides excellent value with its high-end components such as the Fulcrum Racing Team wheelset and 3T Ergonova saddle, yet remains relatively affordable.
It’s a serious bike with powerful disc brakes, a lightweight frame and high-quality carbon fiber. It’s great for your weekend rides or racing down hill at your local racing club. The Thunder is a performance road bike that is as tough and functional as it is beautiful. A solid carbon road bike for a fair price. Check it out for yourself.