Top 9 Best Mountain Bikes Under £2000 (June 2020)
In this article we’re going to try and find the best mountain bikes under £2000. Despite the name, mountain bikes are actually designed to do any kind of biking you want – it’s just that manufacturers build them with certain specialities in mind. A mountain bike is a great investment and you don’t want to just pick the cheapest option. If you are seeking a better value then stick to basic designs and materials with standard 26-inch wheels. A basic core design can still measure up to some of the higher priced models in ability and durability.
The Best Mountain Bike Frames
You can’t overlook the frame element on a mountain bike under £2000. The weight and usability of the MTB very much depend on this. Most of the best entry products are made of aluminium, which is a versatile framing material and comfortable to ride with. In mid-range mountain bike, you may get a mixture of carbon and aluminium. Often the best bikes have carbon with lower components, which is next to an alloy bike. You can go for an alloy bike with mid-range and upgrade the components later. The carbon frame bikes are lighter than the aluminium and tend to be stiffer earlier.
A few years back, carbon bikes had a reputation for being fragile, but the best modern carbon mountain bikes are much stronger and durable. When it comes to looking for the right speed bike, you have a few to choose from. Most standard mountain bikes come in 21-speed, 24-speed and 27-speed. We’d definitely recommend getting a mountain bike with hydraulic disc brakes as v-type brakes aren’t so good in wet or muddy conditions.
What Type Of Mountain Bike Should You Get?
Using a mountain bike for city rides and occasional off-roading is a common choice for users. For this kind of use, having dual suspension with dual disc brakes are not a necessity. At the same time is someone is purchasing a mountain bike for serious off-roading activities having the features mentioned here becomes a necessity. This can mean a more expensive bike and will be purely down to your price point.
Hardtail Mountain Bikes Under £2000
If you prefer biking on smoother trails, or enjoy taking on large hills to push your cardiovascular endurance. You’ll want to invest in a hardtail mountain bike. These single suspension bikes don’t have the shock absorption of full suspension bikes, but they’re the perfect fit for mountain biking on flatter terrain or shifting up steep slopes.
Full Suspension Mountain Bikes Under £2000
Full suspension mountain bikes are must-haves for tackling tough trails, jumps, and obstacles that a hardtail can’t handle. They tend to be pricier than single suspension bikes, but having the full-suspension traction and stability for fearless, affordable mountain biking is a must if you’re serious about your off-road adventures.
SAVA DECK300 Mountain Bike
- ✔ Toray T800 Carbon Fibre Mountain Bike Frame
- ✔ Shimano M610 Deore Derailleur System
- ✔ Shimano M315 Disc Brakes
- ✔ Front Fork Suspension For Added Comfort
Sava Deck 300 Carbon Fibre Mountain bike
Product Model: 27.5 inches/29 inches Deck 300
Wheel size: 27.5 inches/29 inches
Image size: 19 inches/17 inches
Colours: Red, Black, Green (27.5 inches)/Grey, White, Yellow (29 inches)
Length: 27.5 inches 168-178 cm/29 inches 178-188cm
Package size: 1370 x 220 x 750 (27.5 inches)/1410 x 220 x 750cm (29 inches)
Material: Toray T800 carbon fibre
Frame: Sava Carbon Fibre Frame.
Fork: SR Suntour hydraulic suspension fork 27.5 inches/29 inches
Fork Travel: 100mm
Arch: bend, W 680mm x 31.8mm (27.5 inches)/W 720 x 31.8 (29 inches)
Headset: 28.6 x 41.8 x 52 x 30mm
Upper: 90mm x 31.8mm
Saddle: leather with memory foam
Saddle Size: 31.6mm x 350mm
This mountain bike has been well received by previous customers. We’re very impressed by the products that are being made by SAVA. We’ve yet to come across a poor one. One thing that hasn’t been documented but is quite common with SAVA bikes is that it doesn’t come with pedals. This isn’t much a big deal because many bikes that come with pedals have cheap plastic ones that should be replaced anyway. The colour combination on this bike is beautiful and the front suspension fork will keep you bouncing along rather than off the bike.
With SAVA products you get what you pay for. They may offer some of the expensive of the mountain bikes we recommend but they come with the premium design, components and ride that you’d expect from this professional company.
Give the DECK300 a chance and we’re sure you’ll be happy you did.
Deed Vector 291 Mountain Bike
- ✔ Strong Monocoque Carbon Boost Frame
- ✔ Continental Race King Tyres
- ✔ Shimano Hydraulic 396 Disc Brakes
- ✔ 12-Speed SRAM GX Eagle Gear System
Front fork specifications:
Front fork type: Rock Shox Sektor RL 100 mm – OneLoc
Spring travel: 100 mm
Front brake type: Shimano 396 hydraulic disc brake
Rear brake type: Shimano 396 hydraulic disc brake
Number of gears: 12-speed
Rear derailleur: SRAM GX EAGLE 12V
Shifters: SRAM GX EAGLE
Cassette: SRAM GX EAGLE 12V 10/50
Crankcase: SRAM 6K DUB 32T x 175 mm
It Deed Vector Pro 291is equipped with the best materials. The bike has a monocoque carbon frame and is equipped with a SRAM GX EAGLE shifting group. The hydraulic disc brakes offer security in all conditions. Ideal for rides on different terrains. An ideal bike for an avid mountain biker
Procaliber 9.7 Mountain Bike
- ✔ Lightweight Strong Carbon Frame
- ✔ Shoman0 MT500 Hydraulic Disc Brakes
- ✔ RockShox Judy Gold 100mm Air Fork
- ✔ Bontrager XR2 Team Issue Tyres
- OCLV Mountain Carbon frame is light weight and responsive, with the innovative IsoSpeed decoupler, making it an excellent climber and descender
- RockShox Judy Gold, 100mm air fork is perfect for riders who want an all-round fork that can handle the toughest trails and enduro rides
- SRAM NX Eagle 1×12 Drivetrain delivers high performance shifting in any situation, with the brilliant reliability and simplicity of single chainring setups
- Shimano MT500 Hydraulic Disc Brakes give powerful, controllable and consistent stopping power, with minimal effort, in all conditions
- Carbon Kovee Elite Wheelset allow for extreme acceleration, paired with Bontrager XR2 Team Issue 29×2.20″ Tyres which have an aggressive tread in high-volume casing, designed with great traction in mind
The Procaliber 9.7 is a race-ready cross country hardtail mountain bike. It comes stock with a SRAM NX Eagle 1×12 drivetrain, an OCLV Mountain Carbon frame with a trail-smoothing IsoSpeed decoupler, carbon wheels and a RockShox Reba RL suspension fork to keep you fast and smooth over roots, rocks and on your most demanding mountain bike rides.
An OCLV Mountain Carbon frame with the unique advantage of our trail-smoothing IsoSpeed, Boost 148/110 Bontrager Kovee Elite 23 Tubeless Ready carbon wheels with a 54-tooth Rapid Drive rear hub for fast engagement, a SRAM NX Eagle 1×12 drivetrain, a Truvativ Stylo 6k Eagle crank, a carbon seatpost and a lighter RockShox Reba RL fork with Motion Control damper and a remote lockout. You can bring this bike to any race, exactly as it is, and it will compete with the very best hardtails out there. It’s built for speed and efficiency, with top-end performance spec and a carbon IsoSpeed frame. If you want to rule the local race scene and rack up some serious mileage, the Procaliber 9.7 is a great choice.
RICH BIT RT860 Folding Electric Mountain Bike
- ✔ A Really Cool Colour Scheme
- ✔ Rear Luggage Rack
- ✔ High Performance Mechanical Disc Brakes
- ✔ Up To 22 Miles Battery Range
- Recommended Rider-Height: 165Cm–190Cm // 5’5″-6’3″, Max Weight Support150Kg 330 Lbs
- Motor: 250W 36V Brushless Motor. Max Speed: About 35Km / H. Battery Capacity: 36V 12.8Ah . Battery Mileage 35-45 (Full Electric Mode). 45-65 (Pedal Assist Mode). Battery Life Over 500 Times Recharge Cycle
- Three Cycling Modes:Full Electric Mode: The Right Handlebar Has The Throttle.You Can Easily Drive The E Bike Pedal Assistance Mode: You Can Save 70% Of Your Effortfull Power-Down Mode: Like A Bicycle, You Must Make The Bike By Pedaling Forward
The Richbit RT-860 is a folding electric bike with the battery concealed within the frame. It has 21 speed Shimano gears and an LCD screen displaying speed and battery remaining. Either charge the battery unit while it is in the frame or remove it for added convenience.
There are disc brakes and an LED front light. Dock and charge your mobile on the go with the integrated handlebar mounted phone grip. The Richbit RT-860 can support riders weighing up to 185kg, with a height between 165 cms and 190cms.
When folded the bike measures a compact 86 cm x 102 cms.
It аlѕо hаѕ exceptional rаnge per сhаrgе аllоwіng уоu tо trаvеrѕе trails аnуwhеrе bеtwееn 18 аnd 22 miles lоng wіthоut once hаvіng to роwеr uр аgаіn. Thіѕ mеаnѕ that you hаvе thе rаngе to go аnуwhеrе and do аnуthіng you lіkе all wіth the аѕѕіѕtаnсе оf thе еlесtrіс motor alone.
Not оnlу that but thе роwеrful ebike motor іnѕіdе thе Richbit RT-860 is also capable of tаkіng you thеrе with a tор speed оf 31 mіlеѕ реr hour. Pоwеrful аnd еlеgаnt made in a luxurу ѕtуlе frоm a lightweight аlumіnium аllоу, thе Richbit RT-860 is one оf thе absolute best mountain еbіkеѕ thаt RісhBіt has еvеr рrоduсеd.
GUNAI Folding Electric Mountain Bike
- ✔ Dual Hydraulic Disc Brakes
- ✔ LCD Display With Night Mode For Visibility At Night
- ✔ 4" Fat Tyres
- ✔ Three Working Modes. Twist Throttle, Power Assist Or Pedal Only
or Choose Your Preferred Region
- Twist throttle（22-27miles)
- Power assisted （27-50 miles)
- Pedal only
- You can enjoy a long time trip with any mode according to your needs, combining three modes would be a better choice.
- 26 x 4.0inch FAT TIRES EBIKE: Tackle the tough the sand, snow or road with ease.
- Aluminium Alloy Frame
- Full Suspension Fork, offers smooth cushioning and shock absorption when cycling on rough terrains, enjoying the stimulate during your ride.
- The Display With Night Mode LCD Ensure Visibility At Night And Shows Mileage and Speed and Battery Level and Recommend You When you need to prepare for The Next Charging.
- DUAL HYDRAULIC DISC BRAKES: It can conquer all terrains like off road with comfortable riding experience. And when you brake, the power will automatically cut off.
- One-year warranty for the electric motor, frame and six-months for the battery.
GUNAI E-Bike, It has an aluminium frame with a front suspension fork. The 1000 Watt motor that is powered by the 48V battery provides enough power to keep you can travel a distance of 70-90 miles under full electric power and has a speed of up to 45km/h. 4″ tires help tackle the tough the sand, snow or road with ease. To top it all off, the overall design is stylish.
The batteries can be charged directly on the bike or disassembled to charge.Just 4 quick and easy steps to dismount the bike battery. Equipped with a smart lithium battery charger, fast charge of 5 hours, it adapts to the needs of your long distance trip.
- Open folding buckle
- Insert the key
- Turn the key counterclockwise, let the lock loop protrude and retract inside the car hose
- The battery could be removed by removing the key
The manpower mode and the electric mode can easily tackle the uphill and downhill at variable speed. Shimano 21-speed professional transmission system for more gear changes in different road conditions. The SHIMANO series developed from driving behavior has demonstrated its commitment to the test of time. Even in professional accessories, it always shows its quality and durability. The folding design is practical and saves space. It can be placed in the trunk of the car and is perfect for traveling.
We love this bike, it’s a real ‘jack of all trades’ the fact we’re able to present a mountain bike that is semi-electric (as in you can turn it off if you choose to) and folds up to a size that you could fit it in the boot of your car is pretty impressive. What’s even better is the fact that almost every component on the Gunai Electric Mountain Bike is premium quality. The ‘fat tyres’ are perfect for those who want to take this bike off road. Once you get onto uneven terrain you’ll be thankful that the Gunai has a full suspension system including the rear four-bar aluminium alloy shock absorber.
This bike comes with built in LED headlights that really do pierce through the darkness giving the rider a clear view of the path ahead. These LEDs are listed as waterproof although we haven’t had the bike long enough to test the longevity of these lights. We’ve reviewed previous customer feedback and there is not mention of any problems with the LEDs so we’re confident they’re perfectly fine.
When you look at the rest of the bikes components it’s easy to believe that the LEDs are also of the highest quality.
We have however seen some feedback that the instructions are a little sketchy but given enough time you should be able to make sense of the folding mechanism.
Here are some of the key points made by current owners of this folding electric mountain bike.
“This thing is a great deal of fun to ride, and looks absolutely ridiculous.”
“It came with a lock for the seat which is handy and unexpected.”
“What a fantastic bike probably over kill for what I need but no doubt will use it more for other things.”
“Tackled the muddy conditions and hills no problem.”
“Did turn off battery for a bit otherwise I would not have done any exercise.”
“my only complaint is the instructions are a JOKE very poor.”
“Very strong and beautiful bike.”
“Great bike great fun, just no instruction. My husband using it every day for work and loves it.”
“The Bike is very well made. Very good ride, very good brakes.”
LANKELEISI G650 Folding Electric Mountain Bike
- ✔ Multifunctional LCD Computer Screen Showing Live Ride Data
- ✔ 400W Electric Motor
- ✔ Powerful 48V 10Ah/14.5 Lithium Battery
- ✔ Frame And Forks Have 3 Years Warranty
or Choose Your Preferred Region
- Multi-function Display: Equipped with LCD bike computer, so you can check the riding data more conveniently. For example, speed, battery level, and odometer, you can also switch the pedal assist level according to the road condition.
- Powerful Lithium Battery: 48V 10.4Ah/14.5Ah are alternative, you can enjoy a longer riding. And you can charge the battery directly on the bike, also can take down it to charge. Usually it can be fully charged in 5-8 hours.
- Three Riding Modes: Fully electric mode, pedal assist mode and manual labor mode, you can switch modes at will.
- Configuration: Shimano derailleur gives you a good riding experience. Front and rear disc brake system effectively reducing the braking distance. Ergonomic saddle makes the seat more comfortable and reduces the pressure of sitting for a long time.
We really like this bike. It can ride for days! We’re seeing reports of up to 28miles on a single charge!
What’s even better is you’ve always got the choice to manually pedal, so if you did forget to turn home before that magic 14 miles mark, no sweat. You can simply pedal your way home.
A full suspension with front and rear mud guards is a lovely surprise don’t you think? Some folding bikes trade ride comfort for portability, be it very small wheels, poor brakes or relying on the tyres to take care of the bumps for you. The LANKELEISI G650 has a full suspension and front and rear mechanical disc brakes. pair that with the front LED light and you’ve got a terrific riding experience.
It’s not the cheapest bike on the market but you can’t expect it to be with all the perks and benefits that come with it. Check it out for yourself!
Marin San Quentin 3 Full Suspension Mountain Bike
- ✔ Strong Aluminium Frame
- ✔ Internal Cable Routing
- ✔ Tektro M275 Hydraulic Disc Brakes
- ✔ 11-Speed SRAM NX Gearing System
Developed in conjunction with freeride legend Matt Jones, and taking it’s name from the most rough and tumble piece of Marin County, the all-new San Quentin collection lives up to the notoriety of the namesake maximum security California State Prison. Blending the strength and style of our Alcatraz dirt jump frame with the natural trail-savvy of the Nail Trail hardtail, the San Quentin family of aggressive trail hardtails is the perfect mash-up for the modern trail rider.
The San Quentin 3 features a Series 3 aluminum frame, with more advanced tube forming, more complex dropouts, post mount disc tabs, full internal cable routing, and a boost 148mm thru-axle. The slack head tube angle paired with a steep seat tube angle create a ride that will fly uphill with perfect front wheel precision but then descend like it’s on rails. The balanced rider position thanks to the steep seat tube puts your weight between the wheels for impressive climbing and handling on flats, while the slack front end and short rear center help to pull you through the rough descents and corners with an intuitive feel.
BMW 28" Mountain Bike
- ✔ Lightweight Aluminium Frame
- ✔ 11-Speed Shimano SLX Gearing System
- ✔ Shimano Hydraulic Disc Brakes
- ✔ Sports Saddle
- Frame: Aluminium
- Brake: Shimano 180 mm (front) 160 mm (back)
- Fork: Carbon fibre
- Saddle: Selle Royal Mach 2 saddle, black
- Gears: Shimano SLX / XT 11-speed (derailleur)
- Tyres: Continental Grand Sport Extra
- Mudguards Rody Airline Corsa 28”, black
- Handles: Ergon GE-1
With BMW M Motorsport stripes and sporty details. Carbon fibre forks, spacers and saddle support for less weight and more rigidity. Frame design developed in collaboration with Designworks, inspired by the fixie trend. Sporty handles for better grip. Light, sporty saddle and hydraulic disc brakes at the front and back.
Cannondale F-Si Carbon 5 Mountain Bike
- ✔ Lightweight BallisTec Carbon Frame
- ✔ Shimano MT500 Hydraulic Disc Brakes
- ✔ 12-Speed SRAM NX Eagle Shifters
- ✔ Schwalbe Racing Ray/Ralph Performance Tyres
- BallisTec Carbon Frame with 29er XC geometry; allows easier handling on the toughest of trails
- RockShox Reba RL 100mm Fork perfect for riders who want an all-round fork that performs in a vast range of terrain
- SRAM NX Eagle 1×12 Drivetrain delivers high performance shifting in any situation, with enhanced stability, manoeuvrability and efficiency
- Shimano MT500 Hydraulic Disc Brakes give powerful, controllable and consistent stopping power, with minimal effort, in all conditions
- Schwalbe Racing Ray Performance Tyres have an aggressive tread in high-volume casing, designed with great traction in mind
When the original F-Si hit back in 2015, it changed the game. Pushed the limits. Changed peoples’ idea of what an XC hardtail could do. It’s even lighter – the lightest MTB frame we’ve ever made. Shorter Ai™ chainstays for more traction and kick on the climbs. Slacker head angle for even more OutFront™ control when things get dicey on descents. Improved stack and reach numbers for amore optimized rider position. Precise compliance tuning throughout the frame for more comfort, seated or standing, all while still having power transfer you need for full-gas efforts.
This is an excellent off-road bike at a very modest price considering it’s modern components and lightweight build. Check it out!