Top 10 Best Hybrid Bikes Under £200 (October 2020)
Hybrid bicycles blend characteristics from more specialised road bikes, touring bikes and mountain bikes. The resulting “hybrid” is a general-purpose bike that can tolerate a wide range of riding conditions and applications. Their stability, comfort and ease of use make them popular options for individuals looking to commute, cyclists who are looking for a casual ride and even children or anyone who has little or no experience in cycling.
What To Expect
The best hybrid bikes under £200 are highly likely to have simplistic aluminium frame design. Hybrid bikes often comes with additional features such as mudguards, a pannier rack, a kickstand and dynamo lighting however with a budget of £200 we’re likely to miss out on a few of these luxuries. Not to mention the more performance related components. Components such as carbon fiber frame material, disc brakes, suspension fork and branded tyres.
What Is A Hybrid Bike?
Despite a hybrid bike having similarities to a combination of a road bike and a mountain bike by choosing one of the budget hybrids you’re likely to end up with a bike that lacks practicality. This is due to the hybrid bike trying to be the answer of everything but master of nothing. The pros of this type of bike at this price range are that you can find some great entry level bikes. Some with alloy frame composition and perfectly capable rim brakes.
Hybrid bikes come suitable for all, you can buy a hybrid bike for women and for men. The riding position of a hybrid is suited to those that sit more up right that on a road bike. Hybrid bikes usually have gears and the quality of these components will depend on the budget being spent.
We’ve collected a list of the best hybrid bikes under £200. Hopefully it will help you find the perfect budget bike you’re looking for.
Stowabike V2 Folding City Bike
- ✔ 20" Steel Folding Frame
- ✔ 6 Speed Microshift Grip Shifters
- ✔ Shimano RD-TY18S 6 Speed Rear Derailleur
- ✔ Built in Steel Front And Rear Mudguards
Introducing the Stowabike V2 folding city bike. With built in mud guards to keep you clean, a built in rear cargo rack for carrying your goods, and an easy to use, reliable folding mechanism. This folding city bike really has been designed with city life in mind.
Frame: 20″ steel folding frame
Fork: Steel 20″
Shifter: Microshift 6 speed grip shifter
Rear Derailleur: RD-TZ50 6 speed
Freewheel: 6 speed
Rims: 20″ single wall
Kickstand: middle kickstand
Mudguards: built in steel mudguards
Tyres: 20 x 1.75″
Pedals: YH-8X with With CPSC Reflectors
Chainset: 3/32″”X46T Steel Chainring, Steel Cranks CP & Clear Single Chainguard
Brakes: steel V-Brakes
Handlebar: 560mm Lorise Handlebar
Grips: Black rubber
Dimensions: 153 x 65 x 91cm
Folded dimensions: W 86cm x L 23cm x H 59cm
If you’re looking for a bike that will get your around the city, carry your bag among other items, fold away for easy storage and home and not cost the earth. Then this bike is a perfect fit. It costs less than most folding bikes yet it’s get superb reviews and recommendations from previous customers. It comes with little extras that make riding around the city all the more enjoyable. Things like a curved handlebar for easier resting grip. A middle kickstand for when you’re stationary. Front and rear steel mudguards to keep water and debris off your nice clean clothes and a storage rack at the rear so you don’t have to carry everything on your back while riding.
Seriously, if you’re on a tight budget you have to take a look at the Stowabike V2 folding city bike.
Multibrand Probike Mountain Bike
- ✖ Steel Frame Is Quite Heavy
- ✔ One Of The Most Affordable Bikes On The Market
- ✔ Quick Release Front Wheel
- ✔ Twist Shifters
Be Advised - Possibly Low StockBuy From Amazon.co.uk
or Choose Your Preferred Region
- Probike 26 is suitable for all terrain and surfaces. Enjoy the ultimate riding experience with Probike 26!
- Key features: 26” steel frame, 18-gears, V-brakes, QUICK RELEASE System on the front wheel,“wrist change”shifter, Assembly instructions in 5 languages, Assembled at 85 %, Enhanced packaging for extra protection .
- Recommended for: this model is suitable for people with height of 150 – 180 cm.; above the age of 11 years.
- Geometry: Wheel Size: 26 Inch; Adjustable Seat Post Length: 84 – 94 cm.; Seat Tube: 46 cm.; Reach: 62cm Stack: 101 cm.
This is a very competitively priced budget mountain bike. It’s very popular in and has several happy customers from Germany. Here are some of the things they have to say.
“When the gigantic package arrived, the construction was somewhat more difficult than expected.”
“My husband was soooooo very pleased and now almost a year has passed and we have NOTHING to complain.”
“Absolutely great men’s bike and 100% recommended.”
“Bicycle looks great, looks stable and well made. It’s fun to ride.”
“This bike is super great and very easy to assemble.”
As you can see, overall the reviews seem quite positive with some highlighting the fact that some of the ‘rough around the edges’ complaints can be forgiven when you look at the price you’re paying. If you want a bike with no problems or irritations then you’re going to have to take a look at a more expensive model. If you’re happy with a bike that ticks all the boxes but nothing more. Then you’re set to save a bundle because the Multibrand Probike mountain bike might just be for you.
Flying Mountain Bike
- ✔ Lightweight Aluminium Frame
- ✔ 12 Speed Gear System
- ✔ Shimano EF500 Break/Shifters
- ✔ Much Like RedBull This Bike Does Not Give You Wings
- Strong lightweight aluminium alloy frame, frame size 17″ (46cm) = M, suitable for height 1,65 m – 1,80 m
- 21-speed gears with shimano EF500 Brake/Shift handlebar-mounted control levers, Freewheel Shimano MF-TZ500-7 14T-28T, Front Derailleur Shimano FD-TZ50, Rear Derailleur Shimano RD-TY50. KMC chain. Prowheel crank.
- Alloy disc brake, double wall alloy wider rim, quick release for the front wheels, 26″ x 1.95″,A/V good look tyre with extra puncture protection. Front suspension fork with lock, 80mm travel. Non-slip with grips pedals. Front and rear mudguard included, with kickstand. The inner tube is standard 26 * 1.95 with 60mm Schrader valve.
- The bike is for normal use only, can not be used for competition, stunt riding and ramp jumping. All cycles are 85% assembled, it will require more assembly on pedals, stem bars, and front wheel. Adjusting front, rear brakes, and gears, as well as a general check over of all fixings on pre assembled parts. We strongly suggest that customers take the bike to a local bike shop for assistance, and is likely to incur extra cost to the purchaser.
The mountain bikes with 21 speeds contains the following features:
- Strong alloy frame, frame size 17″ (46cm) = M, suitable for height 1,65 m – 1,80 m
- 21-speed gears with shimano EF500 Brake/Shift handlebar-mounted control levers
- Freewheel: Shimano MF-TZ500-7 and Shimano 14T-28T
- Front Derailleur: Shimano FD-TZ50
- Rear Derailleur: Shimano RD-TY50
- Double wall alloy wide rim with white and blue letters
- 26″ x 1.95″,A/V good look tyre
- Non-slip with grips pedals
- Hardtail mountain bike, front suspension fork with lock
- Alloy disc brakes
- Comfort saddle
- Kick stand
- Front and back mudguards
Surly Pack Rat Road Bike
- ✔ Front-loading optimisation
- ✔ Porteur-style rack
- ✔ Shimano Tiagra Derailleurs
- ✔ Tektro CR720 Brakes
The Surly Pack Rat Road Bike is a masterpiece that is the culmination of years of experience and is specifically designed around porteur-style racks and front-loading optimisation.
- Frame Surly 4130 CroMoly steel
- Fork 4130 CroMoly
- Headset Cane Creek custom 5
- Handlebar ProMax Flare-Out 31.8
- Stem ProMax DA-296
- Saddle WTB Volt Sport
- Seatpost ProMax SP-2016
- STI Levers Shimano Tiagra
- Chain KMC X10EL
- Cassette Microshift 10 speed, 11-34t
- Bottom Bracket Shimano BB-RS500
- Rims Alex Adventurer 2
- Hubs Formula RB-52
- Tyres 26/650b- Panaracer Pasela 26×1.5, 650b x 42
All Surly Pack Rat Commuting Bike parts are from world-class manufacturers, like the reliable Carbon Fiber frame, the speed and brake system, and the Tire. All of these parts combine to turn the Surly Pack Rat Commuting Bike into an outstanding road bike.
It has a decreased cross-sectional area which reduces wind resistance, improves performance, and enhances aerodynamic efficiency.
The Surly Pack Rat Commuting Bike is almost completely pre-assembled before packing and shipping. It offers you the perfect ride no matter whether you are a bike commuter or a professional entry-level racer – you are covered. The design of a short rear triangle with tapered head design makes for a more stiff and easy to control frame which can also enhance the instant explosive force while riding.
The road tire is anti-gill, hard-wearing and has low rolling resistance to make you ride even faster.
The brakes on the Surly Pack Rat Commuting Bike are very efficient and offer the rider control and comfort when they hit the road. As a result of the combination of high quality tyres on the bike, the bike easily grinds to a halt.
The fluid shift lever also helps to avoid unnecessary jolts when shifting gears which in turn improve the overall experience of the bike rider.
The breaks will offer you the ability to start and operate your ride effectively. They are always in excellent condition as you ride and should last you a long time.
The tyres are solid and have excellent traction; they’re designed to give good grip while avoiding unnecessary drag due to its lightweight. They achieve this very well and are competent in handling braking and corners on hilly and level road surfaces without making the rider work harder.
The Pack Rat rolls on 26er? wheels in the smaller sizes and 650b wheels in the larger ones. Smaller diameter wheels keep the weight of the load lower than a 700c wheel would, thereby improving handling and ride feel. Pack Rat’s fork also includes some handy internal routing for generator hubs so you can safely ride off into the night.
The Pack Rat’s front cargo-specific design eliminates that steering issues but also rides great without cargo. There’s no need to load it down with cans of beans every time you want to go for a ride.
The saddle in addition to the dropped handlebars combine to give the rider a very comfortable position particularly as both can be adjusted to suit the individual. Road bikes aren’t particularly great for comfort as a result of a lack of suspension however with these quality sports tyres, handlebars and saddle, the manufacturers have put in their world class expertise to achieve a comfortable ride, particularly on flat and smooth surfaces.
People who are credit card tourers, dedicated commuters, those who enjoy the occasional sub-24 campout, and sweaty back people looking to leave their backpack behind need look no further than the Surly Pack Rat Commuting Bike. Buy one and experience it yourself.
HRUI Road Bike
- ✔ Lightweight Aluminium Frame
- ✔ Gravel Bikes Are Suited To Both On And Off Road
- ✔ Front And Rear Alloy Disc Brakes
- ✔ '100% Satisfaction Guarantee'
- Road bike frame: 700C carbon steel with low wingspan
- Road Fork: Widened Road Fork 700C
- Road bike handlebars: steel sand black sports car curved handlebar.
- Road bike handlebars: aluminium matt black stem
- Road bike seat tube: high hardness 30.4 x 300 saddle tube.
- Road bike seat: coloured racing bike arch seat.
- Road bike pedal: non-slip metal pedal made of plastic.
- Road steering: Shimano TX30 steering
- Rear window of the road car: Shimano TZ50 rear window.
- Road vehicle bottom bracket: sealed bottom bracket.
- Road car chain: Z51 positioning chain.
- Road car flywheel: ATA7 flywheel 14/28T.
- Road hub: disc brake type grease hub.
- Road car tyres: wear resistant 700C x 28C tyres.
- Road brakes: mechanical disc brakes front and rear.
The cyclocross bike combines the characteristics of mountain bikes and road bikes and is a versatile bike. The perfect road bike from fast city to longer training rides, to mountains and light races, with this Gravel bike you are well prepared for anything. Youth’s bike fork and brakes. The light, but very stable rigid fork fits perfectly with the frame and reduces the overall weight. Men’s road bike handlebars. The urban bike handlebar leads to a very comfortable, firm grip to manoeuvre well through urban traffic. Of course, the stylish driving style is not lost. We only use high-quality materials. The lightweight aluminium frame saves weight on the bike. Brakes are made with powerful calliper brakes.
What a stunning bike for the money! It’s relatively new at the time of writing this post so not many previous customers have surfaced to review it as of yet. We think it’ll do well in this reviews if and when they come. For the time being, no news is good news.
Professional Bikes Mens City Hybrid Bike
- ✔ 6 Speed Shimano Revoshift Gearing System
- ✔ Full Length Mudguards
- ✔ Hi-Tensile Steel Frame And Forks
- ✔ 90% Pre-Assembled
Enjoy the great outdoors with the Professional City Mens Bike, the Cityprovides a smooth ride while its 6 speed Shimano gear is great for those rural hills. Coupled with the large 700c wheels it is perfect for all occasions, whether it be a ride through town or a leisurely ride through the park. The Professional City hybrid saddle provides superior comfort when going over bumps or rocky road.
- Hi-Tensile Steel Frame
- Hi-Tensile Steel Forks
- V-Type Brakes
- Shimano Revoshift 6 Speed Gears
- Shimano Tourney Rear Derailleur
- 14-28T Freewheel
- Full Length Mudguards
- KMC Chain
- Sprung Saddle
- Tyre Size: 700 x 35c
- Wheel Size: 700c
Having a small budget shouldn’t get in the way of you being able to get yourself a sensible, capable bike. The City is exactly that. If you’re in the market for an entry model or budget bike then this should be on your rader.
Venice I Love Italy City Bike
- ✔ Double Rear Bag Storage
- ✔ Front Basket
- ✔ Chain Guard Cover
- ✔ Front And Rear Mudguards
This bike looks and feels great. You can really tell that love and care has gone into making these bikes. From the quality of the saddle to the detailing on the rear bags. Everything about this bike has a personal touch.
Whether in the city or a small bike ride with this stylish city bike, they are always comfortable on the go.
The bike is completely suitable for the road, thanks to mudguards, luggage racks and battery lighting and with the reliable 6-speed Shimano gearshift you can easily handle any slope.
Shopping or other small items can be conveniently transported in the bag on the luggage rack or in the basket on the front carrier.
The price of the Venice – I Love Italy hybrid bike is surprisingly low. With all the hand made elements involved we were expecting a far greater cost however that’s not the case. It’s not going to win you races or do well over dirt paths or pot holes. If you keep to the city this bike will be more than enough for those looking for something a little bit different to the usual mainstream bikes.
Ammaco Professional Downtown Womens Hybrid Bike
- ✔ Lightweight Comfort Design Heat Treated Alloy Frame
- ✔ Shimano Revoshift Gear Levers
- ✔ Alloy Front And Rear V-Brakes
- ✔ 18 Speed Shimano Gears
- Lightweight comfort design heat treated alloy frame
- High level handlebar height
- 18 Speed Shimano gears
- Shimano revoshift gear levers
- Alloy front and rear V-brakes
- Lightweight alloy wheel rims
- Full length silver mudguards
- Sprung comfort saddle
- Colour: Dark Blue
- Wheel Size: 700c
The Professional Downtown is a great all-rounder, designed to cater for both commuting and leisurely weekend rides. It’s lightweight alloy frame helps you get from A to B quickly, whilst the front & rear V-brakes ensure controlled braking when you need to come to a halt and finished with full length mudguards to make it to your destination dry and mud free!
Ammaco Kensington Hybrid Commuter Bike
- ✔ Shimano 6 Speed Revoshift Gears
- ✔ Hi-Tensile Steel Frame & Forks
- ✔ Full Length Steel Mudguards
- ✔ Wide Black High Rise Handlebars
The Ammaco Kensington features 6 speed Shimano gearing and steel v-brakes which offers a controlled riding experience. A sturdy steel construction means the Kensington is easy to maintain and ride and also features lightweight 700c wheels for fast acceleration with smoother tyres for more comfortable riding on both roads and park trails.
- Front & Rear V-Brakes
- Shimano Tourney Rear Derailleur
- Shimano TZ500 Freewheel
- Full Length Steel Mudguards w/Flaps
- Comfort Saddle
- Swan Neck Handlebar Stem
- Tyres: 700 x 35c City Tyres
- Wheel Size: 700c
Ammaco have done it again, they provide budget options in most major bike categories and hybrid bikes are no different. This bike has no particularly impressive features however for the price you wouldn’t expect anything too flashy. It does have those lovely colour matching steel mudguards (any of our returning visitors will know we really love mudguards here) which give the bike a touch of class. If budget in a problem, Ammaco have solved it.
Kalkhoff Durban Compact City Bike
- ✔ Beautiful Unique Compact Design
- ✔ Front Mounted Aluminium Pannier Rack
- ✔ Front And Rear Hydraulic Disc Brakes
- ✔ 8 Speed Shimano Sora Gear System
The Kalkhoff Durban Compact G8 bicycle is another cleverly-designed German-made city bike for the modern urbanite. It is lightweight, robust and very reasonably priced. In keeping with the ‘less is more’ concept this new Kalkhoff Durban model is based on the lightweight, durable ‘Groove Go’ rear wheel system.
The Durban Compact offers impressive agility as a family bike for daily use, and also performs exceptionally well through zig-zagging back street short-cuts. Its short wheelbase means it can be stored and transported in all sorts of tight spaces. It’s the lightest bike from 50cycles at 19.6kg. The Schwalbe Big Ben tyres look the business and take the edges off rough terrain.
Tektro hydraulic brakes
It’s been some years since Kalkhoff dropped cable-pull brakes on their most popular models. Tektro hydraulic piston design makes braking easy, well-modulated and reliable over time. There are no cables to stretch, the whole surface of the brake pad is applied to the disc, pads last for ages and braking is strong and sure-footed.
Front and rear lights
The lights on this and all Kalkhoffs are excellent. Few bikes on sale in the UK benefit from front and rear illumination of this quality and utility. The front lamp casts 30 lux of cool, bright LED light forward, enough to make night rides across the park something to enjoy rather than endure.
This is one cool looking machine, we really like it. We’ll be keeping our eye on other Kalkhoff bikes to feature in some of our other lists. For now, check this one out for sure!
Best Hybrid Bikes Under £500Hybrid bicycles blend characteristics from more specialised road bikes, touring bikes and mountain bikes. The resulting "hybrid" is a general...
Best Hybrid Bikes Under £300Hybrid bicycles blend characteristics from more specialised road bikes, touring bikes and mountain bikes. The resulting "hybrid" is a general...
Best Hybrid Bikes Under £1000Hybrid bikes come in a wide range of prices and, while there are some great deals to be had, the general rule of thumb is that you get what y...
- Stowabike V2 Folding City Bike
- Multibrand Probike Mountain Bike
- Flying Mountain Bike
- Surly Pack Rat Road Bike
- HRUI Road Bike
- Professional Bikes Mens City Hybrid Bike
- Venice I Love Italy City Bike
- Ammaco Professional Downtown Womens Hybrid Bike
- Ammaco Kensington Hybrid Commuter Bike
- Kalkhoff Durban Compact City Bike