Top 7 Best Road Bike Shoes Under £100
Updated - February 11, 2020
Fizik Tempo Overcurve R5 Bike Shoes
- ✔ Designed for all types or paved roads
- ✔ Timeless look and versatile performance
- ✔ Foot-wrapping Velcro closure design
- ✔ Synthetic
- Over curve: asymmetrical construction that ergonomically conforms to the foot’s anatomy
- Microtel upper: supple yet strong and durable for a comfortable and consistent fit
- R5 nylon composite outsole: delivers balance between Comfort And pedaling efficiency
- Tempo: versatility road series designed for the most enjoyable riding experience
- Road: designed and engineered to perform on paved roads, from the smoothest tarmac to the most demanding pave
- Outsole – R5 carbon reinforced nylon
- BOA IP1-B dial
- Outer Material: Microtex / Reflective Heel Cap
- Closure: hook_&_loop
- Approximate weight – 253g
Tempo Overcurve R5 is quick-fit road cycling shoe to suit every rider and every ride.This shoe has been designed to deliver the essential timeless look and versatile performance to make every outing an enjoyable ride. The classic considerations of a road shoe have been redefined with a distinct fi’zi:k identity and a smart form-fitting construction.Overcurve is a shoe construction featuring a staggered collar that wraps around the ankle, tracing the natural misalignment of the ankle’s two bony protrusions: the lateral and medial malleoli. The result is an asymmetrical shape, with the throat of the shoe curving over the foot from its outside to its inner side. The closure is fast and secure, powered by a micro-adjustable BOA IP1 dial and a Velcro strap for a fine tune fit of the forefoot area.The R5 Nylon composite outsole is supple and comfortable even in the long haul but without compromising pedalling efficiency. Fit: Normal Season: Year-round items.
This product is loved by existing customers.
“Very comfortable road shoes with easy to use fastening system.”
“Clean look with true to life colours.”
“The carbon reinforced sole is very stiff and give a smooth transfer of power into the pedals.”
“The shoes are very easy to put on, adjust and take off.”
“I love the fastening system.”
Gavin Elite Road Cycling Shoe
- ✔ Great value
- ✔ Synthetic microfibre leather
- ✔ Easy to use ratcheting system
- ✔ Release tab to loosen and free the strap
- Micro adjustable buckle for fine tuned fit and comfort
- Nylon fiberglass sole with air-flow vents
- Synthetic microfiber leather with breathable mesh
- Designed for comfort
- Compatible with: 2 or 3 bolt including Look Delta (Peloton compatible), Look Keo, SPD, SPD-R & SPD-SL cleats
Gavin Elite Road Cycling Shoes are comfortable, high performance cycling shoes. Compatible with Look, SPD, SPD-R and SPD-SL cleats (sold separately). Mesh panels on the uppers and vents in the rigid nylon fiberglass soles encourage cooling air flow. The shoes have two straps and a micro adjustable buckle, ensuring a perfect custom fit every time you ride. The uppers are made of synthetic microfiber leather. These light and durable road cycling shoes will have you pedaling powerfully on your road bike or at any indoor cycling class.
Cycling shoes like the Gavin Elite Road Cycling Shoes are meant to be stiff, have a rigid sole, fit snugly and offer good support. They are designed to work with clipless pedal systems. These systems temporarily connect the shoe to the pedal (much like a ski binding system) for increased efficiency of power-transfer. They use a cleat installed on the bottom of each shoe and a matched fitting on the pedal. Cleats generally come with pedals and/or can be purchased separately for indoor cycling class.
Some reviews from existing customers
“These shoes fit perfectly and are very comfortable….. spinning still sucks though.”
“I’m in love with my cycling shoes.”
“Look like $100 carbon shoes.”
“These shoes are comfortable and priced very well.”
Giro Solara II Womens Road Cycling Shoes
- ✔ Lots of colours available
- ✔ A nice shoe for all levels, beginners to experts
- ✔ A very competitive price
- ✔ Designed specifically for women
- Moulded Eva footbed with medium arch support
- Dupont Zytel nylon with standard 3-bolt mount
- strong and secure n-1 ratcheting buckle closure and n-2 strap (replaceable)
- High-quality, breathable microfibre
- 270 grams
The Solara II is built with the same comfortable ft as our premium shoes, thanks to a supple upper and a micro-ratcheting, low-profile buckle that offers precise ft adjustment. The upper is now welded and bonded, resulting in fewer seams for reduced hot spots and improved comfort. A supportive EVA footbed with Aegis anti-microbial treatment is matched with our stiff Dupont Zytel nylon outsole to create an efficient, powerful platform for transferring energy to the pedals. It’s a great choice for enthusiasts or recreational riders who are on the road to becoming dedicated cyclists.
Giro Solara II Outer Material Made From High-Quality, breathable microfibre, the different parts are fully taped and glued, such as the heel and toe cap are sewn N 1 integrated ratchet buckle for perfect fit and optimal power transfer and a dual velcro closure The offset D ring loop on the upper Velcro closure it improves pressure distribution and eliminates pressure areas, the outer sole made from DuPont Zytel? Nylon is 25% stronger than traditional nylon soles in the same weight Moulded EVA Footbed with medium arch support and anti-bacterial AEGIS fabric
Best Of The Rest
PEARL IZUMI Men's Select Road V5 Studio Cycling Shoe
- ✔ Ventilation holes
- ✔ Silvadur anti-microbial sheet for bacterial resistance
- ✔ Synthetic
- Synthetic build
- Synthetic sole
- Shaft measures approximately low-top from arch
- Synthetic leather collar lining and closed cell foam padding helps shed sweat and water
- Hook-and-loop closure
- Updated PE sockliner with Silvadur anti-microbial top sheet material for added durability and bacterial resistance
- Added ventilation holes in lasting board for enhanced breathability
Pearl iZumi took the clean, modern aesthetic of their best selling road style, amplified the materials and construction to endure the challenging environment of both indoor and outdoor cycling. The result is a cycling shoe engineered specifically to perform in humid, hot conditions.
Some existing customer reviews
“The quality of the shoe is excellent and the feel on the bike is solid at all times.”
“They look and feel great. Using the Shimano cleats they are awesome.”
“The shoes have two small stainless steel screens in the bottom to let the sweat drain out; a great feature.”
“Not too tight and not too small, it is very comfortable.”
SHIMANO SH-RP1 Cycling Shoe
- ✔ Perfect for beginners
- ✔ Well known, trusted brand
- ✖ Not that many colour themes to choose from
- ✔ Very lightweight
- Entry level road bike shoe
- Stiff Sole
- Dual hook and loop straps provide reliable and secure fit
- Lightweight glass fiber reinforced nylon sole
- Indoor cycling friendly SPD and SPD-SL cleat compatible
- Reflective print on heel cup for improved visibility
Shimano’s new entry level road bike shoe, the RP1, will introduce new riders to the benefits of clipless riding. Featuring a secure and minimalist two strap velcro clousre and 3-bolt cleat compatibility, the RP1 is ready to hit the road! All-around performance road cycling shoe with Shimano quality, comfort, and function.
Some reviews from previous customers
“The shoes are comfortable. The weather was cool (upper 40’s-low 50’s) so my feet got a little chilly.”
“The product met my expectations. Would buy again.”
“I love the matte black design.”
“Incredible and Comfortable Cycling Shoe”
“Too bad I had to send these back, because they were a good product but too small.”
Tommaso Strada 200
- ✔ Velcro system
- ✔ Synthetic leather
- ✔ 2 years manufacturer’s warranty
- ✔ Fibreglass reinforced sole
- Ideal for road riders who value comfort and performance with updated sole for 2020
- Supple synthetic leather/ventilated mesh upper
- Fibreglass reinforced polyamide sole
- Ratchet buckle system with hook and lock Velcro straps
- Compatible with SPD-SL cleats and other 3-bolt systems
The Strada 200 shoe is perfect for road biking, spin class (Look compatible), commuters, or fitness riding. By reinforcing the stiff fibreglass sole with a powerful polyamide, the Strada 200 is able to offer a sleek, lightweight profile, with a level of power transfer seen on premium level shoes. Power is nothing without comfort, so we upgraded the fit system, to benefit riders who consistently spend hours in the saddle. Two ergonomic Velcro straps allow for an easily adjustable lower and toe box, while a premium ratcheting buckle system gives riders the ability to make micro-adjustments to the top of the foot for a precision fit every time. This unbeatable fit works perfect with the comfort inserts and padding, that make the Strada 200 perfect for short cruises or all day rides.
For cyclists looking to get the most out of every pedal stroke and maximise performance, the Strada 200 is the answer. Clipless shoes are essential to achieving your full potential as a rider, and the Strada 200 makes premium cycling shoes more affordable and accessible than ever. For riders looking to experience these amazing benefits, the Strada 200 will become an essential part of their cycling experience after just one ride.
The Strada is designed to fit all 3-bolt and 2-bolt cleat systems, including Shimano SPD, SPD-SL, Look, and Speedplay. Perfect for road riders, spin classes, and everyday riding.
Ratcheting buckle system assures a precision fit, locking your heel firmly into the heel cup, while two ergonomic Velcro straps keep your feet secure and comfortable for all day riding.
High visibility rear reflective strip in rear for added safety in low light conditions. Perfect for safety conscious commuters.
What previous customers have to say
“I think these are great bike shoes for the money.”
“These shoes fit wide feet.”
“Comfortable and just fine for indoor cycling.”
“They’re affordable in comparison to the peloton brand shoes and comfortable.”
Tommaso Strada Boa
- ✔ Great value for money
- ✔ Premium microfibre body for ultimate comfort
- ✔ 2 years manufacturer's warranty
- ✔ cleat area compatible with SPD-SL, SPD, Look, and Speedplay
- High performance cycling shoe with ‘Boa like’ closure system
- Upper: Premium microfiber with Strong nylon mesh inserts for ventilation.
- Features a 100% carbon plate on the cleat area inset in a nylon sole.
- Boa closure system
- Compatible with SPD-SL cleats and other 3-bolt systems
An upgrade to our standard Strada, the Boa version comes with an easier more secure closure system. This shoe will get you racing and looking slick.
The Strada Elite shoe is optimized for road biking, commuting, or touring. We reinforced the sole with a game changing 100% carbon fiber plate, to increase power transfer with ever pedal stroke. Power is nothing without agility and comfort, so we surrounded the carbon fiber plate with a nylon composite sole, which increases flexibility and agility. The speed lacing system works perfectly with the upper to fit the rider’s foot like a glove, with a separate lower Velcro strap for the toe box to assure optimal security and feel. Step up to this elite system and make the most out of your time in the saddle.
This unique combination of a rigid carbon plate allows the rider to achieve a powerful and efficient pedal stroke, while the surrounding nylon composite allows for greater flexibility and agile comfort while riding.
What existing customers have to say
“Would be world class ff the lacing system functioned as smoothly as a true BOA.”
“Most comfortable bike shoe I ever had.”
“I was actually very surprised that Tommaso Strada shoe fit me perfectly.”
“The shoe fits great and the ratchet laycing is easy to slip the shoe on and off.”
“I am thoroughly impressed with this product.”