Top 3 Best Mountain Bikes Under £1000 (October 2020)
In this article we’re going to try and find the best mountain bikes under £1000. Despite the name, mountain bikes are actually designed to do any kind of biking you want – it’s just that manufacturers build them with certain specialities in mind. A mountain bike is a great investment and you don’t want to just pick the cheapest option. If you are seeking a better value then stick to basic designs and materials with standard 26-inch wheels. A basic core design can still measure up to some of the higher priced models in ability and durability.
The Best Mountain Bike Frames
You can’t overlook the frame element on a mountain bike under £1000. The weight and usability of the MTB very much depend on this. Most of the best entry products are made of aluminium, which is a versatile framing material and comfortable to ride with. In mid-range mountain bike, you may get a mixture of carbon and aluminium. Often the best bikes have carbon with lower components, which is next to an alloy bike. You can go for an alloy bike with mid-range and upgrade the components later. The carbon frame bikes are lighter than the aluminium and tend to be stiffer earlier.
A few years back, carbon bikes had a reputation for being fragile, but the best modern carbon mountain bikes are much stronger and durable. When it comes to looking for the right speed bike, you have a few to choose from. Most standard mountain bikes come in 21-speed, 24-speed and 27-speed. We’d definitely recommend getting a mountain bike with hydraulic disc brakes as v-type brakes aren’t so good in wet or muddy conditions.
What Type Of Mountain Bike Should You Get?
Using a mountain bike for city rides and occasional off-roading is a common choice for users. For this kind of use, having dual suspension with dual disc brakes are not a necessity. At the same time is someone is purchasing a mountain bike for serious off-roading activities having the features mentioned here becomes a necessity. This can mean a more expensive bike and will be purely down to your price point.
Hardtail Mountain Bikes Under £1000
If you prefer biking on smoother trails, or enjoy taking on large hills to push your cardiovascular endurance. You’ll want to invest in a hardtail mountain bike. These single suspension bikes don’t have the shock absorption of full suspension bikes, but they’re the perfect fit for mountain biking on flatter terrain or shifting up steep slopes.
Full Suspension Mountain Bikes Under £1000
Full suspension mountain bikes are must-haves for tackling tough trails, jumps, and obstacles that a hardtail can’t handle. They tend to be pricier than single suspension bikes, but having the full-suspension traction and stability for fearless, affordable mountain biking is a must if you’re serious about your off-road adventures.
FIIDO M1 Electric Mountain Bike
- ✔ LED Screen Ensures Nighttime Visibility
- ✔ Fat 4" Tyres Give This Mountain Bike Great Off Road Grip
- ✔ 250W Motor
- ✔ 7 Speed Professional Transmission System
Dual Shock Absorption Structure
equipped with cst20 * 4.0 tires,52 tooth chain disk and Shimano 7-speed transmission with good shock absorption effect and riding stability.
Built-in detachable rechargeable, a large battery capacity of 12.5ah at most, with a long endurance.
Three Riding Modes
Pure electric mode, riding mode, and electric power-assisted mode. When the accelerator is turned, it is automatically electric mode; without the fuel gate, stepping on the pedal is electric power-assisted mode.
The body is made of high-strength aluminum alloy, light and rust-free; the body supports folding in half, which is suitable for most of the car’s back-up carriages.
250W Brushless Motor
lower power consumption, 20% stronger endurance and larger starting torque.
Dual Disc Brake
Front and rear dual disc brake, more stable and effective brake.
Fiido is based in Shenzhen, China and is a relatively new name in electric bikes. The M1 is the only full-suspension model aimed at off-road riding.
That should be obvious from the seriously wide four-inch tyres, though their thickness is accentuated because these are 20in wheels, not the 26- or 29in rims you typically find on mountain bikes. So the M1 is an unusual beast. It’s a folding, electric bike with compact wheels that has proper off-road aspirations.
When folded, the M1 measures 960x790x450mm. So it is no Brompton. It isn’t trying to be a Brompton, to be fair to Fiido, and the mere fact that it folds makes it a lot easier to get it into your car, or on a train. The handlebars and pedals fold, too, and there’s a built-in stand beneath the crank which keeps the bike upright when folded.
More on that shortly, but the battery itself has a larger-than-average capacity of 12.5Ah. Compare that to the 8.8Ah battery supplied as standard with the Carrera Vengeance-E. Bigger batteries take longer to recharge, and from empty you’ll be waiting about 8-9 hours for the M1’s to reach 100%.
You can remove the battery when the bike is folded for charging separate to the bike. The key is required to remove it, as well as for turning on the ignition: the electronics will not power on unless you insert the key and turn it to the correct position.
Fiido claims a range of up to 100km which is almost certainly unobtainable, even in the perfect test conditions it specifies for this figure. A more realistic real-world range for road riding is around 40-60km / 30-40 miles, so long as you are pedalling the whole time. Expect around half of that for off road, which is much tougher.
Given the weight and fat tyres, the M1 is surprisingly sprightly. The motor offers a good amount of torque and easily propels you up hills. I say you, but what I really mean is me, and I weigh slightly less than the 70kg Fiido uses for the maximum range calculations.
It’s also supremely good fun to ride off road: not necessarily for actual mountain biking, but for woodland trails and any surface that isn’t tarmac. If you want a bike mainly for road riding, there are better choices.
BIKFUN Folding Electric Mountain Bike
- ✔ Front And Rear Mechanical Disc Brakes
- ✔ Bright LED Headlights And Horn
- ✔ Compact and Lightweight Foldable Bike
- ✔ Arrives 85% Assembled
- Three Modes to Meet Diverse Needs: There are three working modes, among which are normal mode, electric mode and power assistance mode. The modes can be switched at any time and just enjoy your trip with your mind.
- More Flexible Design: Compact and lightweight, this lovely bike is foldable and can be taken away after folding and put in the trunk of a car. Adjustable handlebars and saddle heights suitable for different heights of people.Battery can be removed for easy charging. The bright LED headlights and horn are ideal for night cycling.
- Brake and Gear Shift System: Electric folding bike is equipped with mechanical disc brakes on the front and rear, and that features it perfect climbing ability and high shock absorption, and achieve fast braking once you press the brake.
- Battery and Motor System with High Performance: The 36V / 7.8Ah lithium battery is equipped with an intelligent charger, and your bike will be full of energy by chargeing only for 4 to 6 hours; 250W high speed gear motor with lower power consumption could able to reach a speed up to 25 km/h.
- Installation and Customer Service: This ebike achieves 85% of assembly. Fast delivery allows you to get your loved bike as soon as possible. The main electrical devices, e.g. batteries and electric motor, are guaranteed for one year. And you are welcome to contact us if you have any problems!
The BIKFUN Folding Electric Mountain Bike has an approximate radius of 15 to 30 miles on a full charge and can reach a top speed of 15mph. The 36V 8Ah lithium battery is removable and takes approximately 4 to 6 hours to fully charge. The lithium battery powers a 250W brushless high speed geared motor that previous customers have described as ‘silent’ which is great because no one wants a constant ‘moped’ noise while they’re out and about.
The bike folds away for easy storage or transportation. We think this is a great bike and is cheaper than many of the competitors that have similar features. Well worth considering.
Augu Folding Mountain Bike
- ✔ Dual Suspension
- ✔ 30 Speed Rear Derailleur And Shifters
- ✔ Chunky On And Off Road Tyres
- ✔ Dual Mechanical Disc Brakes
Be Advised - Possibly Low StockBuy From Amazon.co.uk
or Choose Your Preferred Region
If you’re looking to step up your mountain biking skills without breaking the bank, then look no further. The Mountain Bike is the perfect bike to go out and conquer the trails on. Equipped with a sturdy high-carbon steel dual-suspension frame , every trail is now in play. What are you waiting for? Enjoy the freedom of riding mountain bike. This dual suspension bicycle is the perfect choice for anyone looking to off-road and on the trails! with its sturdy steel frame, front & rear suspension and 26 inch wheels with MTB specific tyres, this bicycle offers the perfect full package and looks the part.
- Frame Material: High-carbon Steel
- Handlebar: Comfortable Non-slip rubber handle
- Brake: Front and Rear Mechanical Double Disk Brake
- Saddle: Professional MTB Saddle
- Speed: 27
- Wheel Size: 26 inches
- featuring a front suspension fork and rear shock
- Fork: Front Fork Suspension
- Number of blades: 6
- Maximum weight capacity: 240lbs