Top 6 Best Folding Electric Bikes Under £1000 (January 2021)
Folding electric bikes under £1000 can be an effective and affordable alternative to driving, especially when commuting on short or moderate length journeys. The best folding electric bike for commuters would be one that offers a smooth ride, an impressive top speed and top quality disc brakes for slowing. With £1000 you’re likely to be able to get a great folding bike. One that has a wide range on a single charge.
Being a folding bike means you’ll have the best folding options when you get to your destination. The fact electric bikes have a hub motor to do the heavy lifting means you’re more likely to arrive way more refreshed.
Many of the best folding electric bikes will come with a front suspension and rear hub motor. Disc brakes are welcomed but not entirely necessary for some models who’s top speed will be relatively low. Folding bikes are great when you need a way to store it while at work or in the cupboard at home. The range of options available is impressive but first, what exactly is a folding electric bike.
What is an electric folding bike?
A folding electric bike is just like a traditional bicycle with two important differences. The first is that it has a small battery-powered motor to help when you are tired or to glide up hills instead of exhausting yourself by powering through with pedals. The motor tends to cut out once you build up speed, usually around 25 mph, coming back in when needed. The second is that the bicycle folds up, so you can carry it or stash it easily while you get on with your day. Folding and unfolding takes mere seconds, so you will not be delayed at all by the process. If you have access to a safe bike stand, you can leave your bike assembled and simply lock it up like a normal bike.
The range of folding electric bikes – how far they will get you before the battery runs out and you have to do all the work yourself – varies considerably. Manufacturers base the range claims of their bikes on different scenarios where the weight of the rider and speed/incline varies, which makes it difficult to compare like for like and know which one will really take you furthest.
So Which Are The Best Electric Bikes?
While all of these e-bikes are worthy of being the best folding electric bike under £1000. Ultimately you will have to choose the one that is best for you. Before you buy a folding electric bike, you should weigh important factors like frame, motor power, and battery range. Consider your unique needs to find the bike that is perfect for you. Whether you are in need of a folding e-bike for your commute, exercise, or leisure, each of these options has earned its place as one of the top folding electric bikes of the year.
NEOFOLD Folding Electric Bike
- ✔ Designed With Maximum Foldability In Mind
- ✔ Maximum Speed 12 Mph
- ✔ 2 Years Warrenty
- ✔ 240W Motor
The NEOFOLD folding electric bike is really easy to transport and store. It’s patented double loop structured and aluminium alloy frame collapses down to an extremely compact size.
The powerful 240W electric motor is capable of a maximum speed of 12mph which is perfectly fine for those looking to zip around the town or city.
We’re talking ‘super eco friendly’ as you’re 100% electric and the lithium battery has an ‘over change protection’ certification. You can cover up to 12 miles on a single charge and the whole bike, battery included, comes with a 2 year warrenty.
What’s not to like!?!
Take it everywhere with you, check it out now!
Jannyshop Folding Electric Bike
- ✔ Lightweight Aluminium Alloy Collapsible Frame
- ✔ Max Speed Of Up To 22mph
- ✔ Fully Charged In 3-6 Hours
- ✔ Up To 25 Miles On A Single Charge
The Jannyshop 14″ folding electric bike can be used in two modes. Full Electric and Assisted modes. You can switch at any time via the switch on the handlebars. The Bikes comes with front and rear mudguards as well as front and rear LED lights. the onboard computer display shows a variety of information to the rider including the remaining battery change and current speed.
If you find yourself needing to stop quickly, the front and rear mechanical disc brakes will not let you down. Far more responsive that traditional V brakes, they will hopefully help you get out of any sticky situations you find yourself in.
The 350 watt high speed motor really does pack a punch. You’ll be able to ride with or without pedalling depending on your mood. We think this bike is a winner. A great option for those with the budget to accommodate. Check it out!
“Just as described, quality down to the last nut and bolt.”
“I’m 75 and this is the first time I’ve cycled for 25 years. A new lease of life.”
HIMO C20 Folding Electric Bike
- ✔ 250W Powerful Electric Motor
- ✔ Up To 19mph
- ✔ 10Ah Lithium Battery Allows 31 Mile Range
- ✔ Front And Rear Mechanical Disc Brakes
This electric bike is constructed from aluminium alloy, strong enough to support a maximum user weight of 100kg. The bike features 250W powerful motor, 25km/h max speed, Shiman0 shifting system and double braking system. With collapsible design, this electric bike is very convenient for commuting.
The HIMO C20 electric bike is built from aluminium alloy. This makes it strong enough to support the maximum rider weight of 100kg. The HIMO C20 features a powerful 250W motor with a top speed of 19mph. The 10Ah lithium battery allows for a range of up to 31 miles on a single charge in full electric mode. The onboard battery management system keeps the battery in tip top shape and makes sure that it doesn’t get overcharged. Ensuring a longer service life.
The C20 has front and rear bright LED lights to added safety at night. The highly performant mechanical disc brakes stop the bike quickly and effectively adding to the assurance that this bike is extremely safe.
HIMO have designed a bike that is perfect for those short, urban, daily commutes to work or the shops. The C20’s foldable nonslip pedals and handlebars help make for easy storage. Whether at home, the office or in the car boot, you’ll be able to fold the C20 away in even the smallest of spaces.
We think it’s a strong example of what you can get for an average budget. What do you think?
ROLLGAN Folding Electric Bike
- ✔ Super Lightweight At 12kg
- ✔ 12 Miles Range
- ✔ 12mph Max Speed
- ✔ Front And Rear Disc Brakes
The ROLLGAN folding electric bike is powered by 36V & 6000mAh lithium-ion battery. Unlike gasoline powered bikes, it is eco-friendly and requires almost zero maintenance.
The ROLLGAN folding electric bike has 12 miles range and can reach a top speed of 12mph. It is ideal for getting around the city and short distance travel. The ROLLGAN folding bike is inspired by the shape of dolphin. Its lightweight (12kg/26.5 lbs) and foldability gives you the options to fit it in your trunk or even carry onto public transportation vehicles.
The ROLLGAN comes with disc brakes for maximum braking capabilities. It also has foot rest bars on both sides. The ROLLGAN electric bike can be connected with your cellphone via blutooth system (above android 4.3/iOS 8). The app supports functions including speed setting, mileage & time recording and so on.
The Rollgan E-bike is lightweight and a fun toy to ride! It is ideal for getting around the city or used for short distance travel. You can also carry it in the trunk wherever you go.
The reviews from current and previous customers seem to be overwhelmingly positive
“I bought this bike over a year ago and I have found it fun to ride and because of its size it is easy to transport.”
“Very smart e_bike and very attractive when you ride on it.”
“The bike seems to handle rain well, but obviously immersing it in deeper puddles is a no no.”
“This is a really great little bike.”
BIKFUN Folding Electric Mountain Bike
- ✔ Front And Rear Mechanical Disc Brakes
- ✔ Bright LED Headlights And Horn
- ✔ Compact and Lightweight Foldable Bike
- ✔ Arrives 85% Assembled
- Three Modes to Meet Diverse Needs: There are three working modes, among which are normal mode, electric mode and power assistance mode. The modes can be switched at any time and just enjoy your trip with your mind.
- More Flexible Design: Compact and lightweight, this lovely bike is foldable and can be taken away after folding and put in the trunk of a car. Adjustable handlebars and saddle heights suitable for different heights of people.Battery can be removed for easy charging. The bright LED headlights and horn are ideal for night cycling.
- Brake and Gear Shift System: Electric folding bike is equipped with mechanical disc brakes on the front and rear, and that features it perfect climbing ability and high shock absorption, and achieve fast braking once you press the brake.
- Battery and Motor System with High Performance: The 36V / 7.8Ah lithium battery is equipped with an intelligent charger, and your bike will be full of energy by chargeing only for 4 to 6 hours; 250W high speed gear motor with lower power consumption could able to reach a speed up to 25 km/h.
- Installation and Customer Service: This ebike achieves 85% of assembly. Fast delivery allows you to get your loved bike as soon as possible. The main electrical devices, e.g. batteries and electric motor, are guaranteed for one year. And you are welcome to contact us if you have any problems!
The BIKFUN Folding Electric Mountain Bike has an approximate radius of 15 to 30 miles on a full charge and can reach a top speed of 15mph. The 36V 8Ah lithium battery is removable and takes approximately 4 to 6 hours to fully charge. The lithium battery powers a 250W brushless high speed geared motor that previous customers have described as ‘silent’ which is great because no one wants a constant ‘moped’ noise while they’re out and about.
The bike folds away for easy storage or transportation. We think this is a great bike and is cheaper than many of the competitors that have similar features. Well worth considering.
FIIDO D2S Folding Electric Mountain Bike
- ✔ Front And Rear Mudguards
- ✔ 250W Powerful 36V Motor
- ✔ Strong Rustless Aviation Aluminium Alloy Frame
- ✔ High Quality Front And Rear LEDs For Extra Vision At Night
- Variable Speed Bicycle & rear-shock absorber
- The D2S foldable electric bike with 6 speeds on-demand gets you wherever you need to go with the smooth-shifting indexed SHIMANO derailleur. It’s your best choice for uphill climbing, downhill riding, or pure acceleration. The foldable electric bike add rear-shock absorber for improve riding comfortableness. Adopting brushless and toothed motor, lower power consumption, 20% longer battery life than normal brushless and toothless motor.
- Outstanding Range and Speed
- The foldable electric bike has 250W powerful motor 36V & 7.8Ah lithium lion battery easily help you to drive up to 25km/h. High capacity battery design can ride 40km mileage in pure electric (depending on weight). Three modes of riding [Electric, moped ( power assist system ) and manpower modes] for your different need, it is ideal for getting around the city and short distance travel.
- Perfect for Storage
- Full electric bicycle frame is aviation-aluminium-alloy, strong and rustless. The bicycle is only 19.5KG, maximum load up to 120KG. Smaller after folding three times, foldable electric bike it allows you to simply store inside the tightest of places like compact vehicles, under the desk, on subways, making the bike very manageable when storing (folding size: 75 x 35 x 65 CM).
- Safety Guarantee
- Our folding ebike front and rear fitted with high quality LED lights for night. With USB phone holder, power monitor, speed control in the handle. Adjustable heights of handlebar and saddle for different heights of people. Inflatable 16 inch rubber tire with anti-slip texture, great shockproof effect, giving you a comfortable riding experience in steep roads. Disc-brake also ensure electric bike braking distance is reduced adding to the safety of the rider.
the FIIDO D2S offers excellent strength given by the invoice of the materials used, with aluminium frame and rubber inserts.
In this sense, the seat and the handlebar give excellent feedback. Compared to the past (FIIDO D2), the performance of these last two inserts has been improved with the presence of a more stable handlebar and the addition of a display to replace the ignition key. Despite some improvements, however, the “precariousness” of the hook remains closed to close the hinge of the bike. In general, however, the build quality is to be appreciated and a step above the other e-bikes in this price range.
FIIDO D2S electric bicycle comes with 250W ground-breaking engine offers a quick speed of up to 25km every hour. There are three modes Pure electric mode; Cycling mode; Power help mode. it also has the 7.8AH lithium battery permits 20-35km territory in unadulterated electric mode, 40 – 50km territory by power help mode. FIIDO D2S electric bicycle comes With a USB mount on the handlebar intended for holding your cell phone helpfully. it can be Customisable seat stature suits various riders. The Suspension framework diminishes stun for an agreeable ride. There is 6-level speed move to suit for various street conditions. the design is perfect and made of Aluminium amalgam development for outrageous sturdiness. Max. load: 120kg. The Effective circle brake in both front and back wheels for more secure braking and riding. FIIDO D2S electric bicycle Overly splendid LED fog light and backlight for included wellbeing during the evening. Three stages speedy collapsing, collapsible for simple stockpiling and transport. Perfect for urban, driving, short outing, shopping, and day by day use.
The electric bike FIIDO D2S can count on three different driving modes: assisted, full electric and one that relies totally on human effort. As you may have guessed, the last mode is based only on pedalling and assumes an important value since the bike – unlike its predecessor – offers the Shimano exchange to 6 reports. On the other hand, pedal assistance uses both the motor and the effort made by the user and is recommended when traveling on long, slightly steep sections.
The last mode, the most energy-intensive one, is the full electric which makes full use of the engine to run. In this mode the FIIDO D2S however it differs from other e-bikes, offering three different modes distinguished by the Low, Medium and High buttons. These modes, selectable directly from the handlebar, will allow you to reach some standard speeds and more precisely you will reach a maximum of 10 km / h by setting Low, 15 km / h with Medium and 20 km / h by selecting High.
- Motor power: 250W;
- Maximum speed 25 km / h;
- Built-in 7.800 mAh battery;
- 16 inch tires;
- Three driving modes;
- Shimano 6-speed gearbox;
- LED front light;
- Aluminum alloy frame;
- Supported weight: 120 kg;
- Bike weight 19 kg;
- 135 dimensions x 40 x 110 cm;
- Front / rear disc brake;
- Rear shock absorber.