Top 8 Best Folding Electric Bikes Under £1000 (August 2020)
Folding electric bikes under £1000 can be an effective and affordable alternative to driving, especially when commuting on short or moderate length journeys. The best folding electric bike for commuters would be one that offers a smooth ride, an impressive top speed and top quality disc brakes for slowing. With £1000 you’re likely to be able to get a great folding bike. One that has a wide range on a single charge.
Being a folding bike means you’ll have the best folding options when you get to your destination. The fact electric bikes have a hub motor to do the heavy lifting means you’re more likely to arrive way more refreshed.
Many of the best folding electric bikes will come with a front suspension and rear hub motor. Disc brakes are welcomed but not entirely necessary for some models who’s top speed will be relatively low. Folding bikes are great when you need a way to store it while at work or in the cupboard at home. The range of options available is impressive but first, what exactly is a folding electric bike.
What is an electric folding bike?
A folding electric bike is just like a traditional bicycle with two important differences. The first is that it has a small battery-powered motor to help when you are tired or to glide up hills instead of exhausting yourself by powering through with pedals. The motor tends to cut out once you build up speed, usually around 25 mph, coming back in when needed. The second is that the bicycle folds up, so you can carry it or stash it easily while you get on with your day. Folding and unfolding takes mere seconds, so you will not be delayed at all by the process. If you have access to a safe bike stand, you can leave your bike assembled and simply lock it up like a normal bike.
The range of folding electric bikes – how far they will get you before the battery runs out and you have to do all the work yourself – varies considerably. Manufacturers base the range claims of their bikes on different scenarios where the weight of the rider and speed/incline varies, which makes it difficult to compare like for like and know which one will really take you furthest.
So Which Are The Best Electric Bikes?
While all of these e-bikes are worthy of being the best folding electric bike under £1000. Ultimately you will have to choose the one that is best for you. Before you buy a folding electric bike, you should weigh important factors like frame, motor power, and battery range. Consider your unique needs to find the bike that is perfect for you. Whether you are in need of a folding e-bike for your commute, exercise, or leisure, each of these options has earned its place as one of the top folding electric bikes of the year.
RICH BIT RT860 Folding Electric Mountain Bike
- ✔ A Really Cool Colour Scheme
- ✔ Rear Luggage Rack
- ✔ High Performance Mechanical Disc Brakes
- ✔ Up To 22 Miles Battery Range
- Recommended Rider-Height: 165Cm–190Cm // 5’5″-6’3″, Max Weight Support150Kg 330 Lbs
- Motor: 250W 36V Brushless Motor. Max Speed: About 35Km / H. Battery Capacity: 36V 12.8Ah . Battery Mileage 35-45 (Full Electric Mode). 45-65 (Pedal Assist Mode). Battery Life Over 500 Times Recharge Cycle
- Three Cycling Modes:Full Electric Mode: The Right Handlebar Has The Throttle.You Can Easily Drive The E Bike Pedal Assistance Mode: You Can Save 70% Of Your Effortfull Power-Down Mode: Like A Bicycle, You Must Make The Bike By Pedaling Forward
The Richbit RT-860 is a folding electric bike with the battery concealed within the frame. It has 21 speed Shimano gears and an LCD screen displaying speed and battery remaining. Either charge the battery unit while it is in the frame or remove it for added convenience.
There are disc brakes and an LED front light. Dock and charge your mobile on the go with the integrated handlebar mounted phone grip. The Richbit RT-860 can support riders weighing up to 185kg, with a height between 165 cms and 190cms.
When folded the bike measures a compact 86 cm x 102 cms.
It аlѕо hаѕ exceptional rаnge per сhаrgе аllоwіng уоu tо trаvеrѕе trails аnуwhеrе bеtwееn 18 аnd 22 miles lоng wіthоut once hаvіng to роwеr uр аgаіn. Thіѕ mеаnѕ that you hаvе thе rаngе to go аnуwhеrе and do аnуthіng you lіkе all wіth the аѕѕіѕtаnсе оf thе еlесtrіс motor alone.
Not оnlу that but thе роwеrful ebike motor іnѕіdе thе Richbit RT-860 is also capable of tаkіng you thеrе with a tор speed оf 31 mіlеѕ реr hour. Pоwеrful аnd еlеgаnt made in a luxurу ѕtуlе frоm a lightweight аlumіnium аllоу, thе Richbit RT-860 is one оf thе absolute best mountain еbіkеѕ thаt RісhBіt has еvеr рrоduсеd.
Jannyshop Folding Electric Bike
- ✔ Lightweight Aluminium Alloy Collapsible Frame
- ✔ Max Speed Of Up To 22mph
- ✔ Fully Charged In 3-6 Hours
- ✔ Up To 25 Miles On A Single Charge
The Jannyshop 14″ folding electric bike can be used in two modes. Full Electric and Assisted modes. You can switch at any time via the switch on the handlebars. The Bikes comes with front and rear mudguards as well as front and rear LED lights. the onboard computer display shows a variety of information to the rider including the remaining battery change and current speed.
If you find yourself needing to stop quickly, the front and rear mechanical disc brakes will not let you down. Far more responsive that traditional V brakes, they will hopefully help you get out of any sticky situations you find yourself in.
The 350 watt high speed motor really does pack a punch. You’ll be able to ride with or without pedalling depending on your mood. We think this bike is a winner. A great option for those with the budget to accommodate. Check it out!
“Just as described, quality down to the last nut and bolt.”
“I’m 75 and this is the first time I’ve cycled for 25 years. A new lease of life.”
eelo 1885 Folding Electric Bike
- ✔ Front And Rear Disc Brakes
- ✔ Partnered With LG To Produce Fantastic Battery Performance
- ✔ Thumb Throttle Control
- ✔ LCD Display Shows Current Speed, Battery Status and Outside Temperature
or Choose Your Preferred Region
- PERFECT FOR STORAGE: The folding frame allows you to simply store the bike in the tightest of places like under a work desk, boot of a car or even into a carry bag when not in use, making the bike very managable when storing. The frame is aluminium keeping the bike incredibly lightweight at only 16.5kg. Folded Size: 60cm x 38cm x 58cm.
- IMPROVED BATTERY PERFORMANCE: Our partnership with LG has lead to the development of Advanced Battery Management which intelligently protects the battery from over strain when cycling up hill or into strong winds.The battery sits in the central top tube which protects the battery and will make charging far easier than most electric bikes. This in turn preserves the battery life much longer than most electric bikes. Our battery is capable of charging in 4-6 hours and can last up to 40 miles.
- THUMB THROTTLE CONTROL: Giving the rider complete control over how much assistance they want from the battery. The rider can choose to have very little assistance or can let the battery do all the work giving the cyclist a effortless ride without having to change gears, and reach up to 15mph.
- MULTIFUNCTIONAL LCD DISPLAY: Designed to keep the rider aware of their current speed, current battery status and the outside temperature. The back-lit display has also been designed to be completely waterproof.
- SAFETY IN MIND: Our eelo bikes all come fitted with high quality LED lights for night riding safety. Disc brakes also ensure bikes braking distance is reduced adding to the safety of the rider.
The ideal choice for the train commuter, caravanner, boating enthusiast or those that want to pop it into the car boot and take off to the countryside for the day.
The brushless 250W Motor and the EELO Intelligent Controller give the most responsive and energy efficient ride experience. All EELO e-bikes can comfortably take you up any hill and make riding easy against strong winds. All motors are completely maintenance free. For the added protection of your electric bicycle, EELO e-bikes are equipped with an advanced battery management system. The E-BMS intelligently monitors and protects your battery and motor to prevent damage caused by overstrain. Recently EELO have partnered with LG to provide even better battery quality and performance.
For those who want the convenience of a folding bike but don’t want to be without the assistance of electric power, here is the 1885 from Eelo. Two main points are likely to draw a buyer towards the Eelo — its cheapness and its lightness. Folding bikes will always feature some sort of compromise in terms of geometry, and the 14in Eelo is a classic example. Its wheelbase, for example, is a full 7.5in shorter than that of a Brompton folder, while its chainstays are so small that a rider is placed almost directly over the rear hub.
This lightweight bike is designed with ultra-smart alloy wheels, vented disc brakes and on-board computer with controls to operate essential LEDs kept within reach. Quick and effortless to set up in less than 30 seconds, it’s perfect for quick rides and commuting. The alloy wheels add an extra layer of confidence as they keep punctures at bay whilst the front and back brake pads offer supreme quality as you ride with no fussy cables.
Here are some previous customer remarks that might help you make up your mind.
“Excellent piece of kit. Does what it says on the description.”
“Just push a button to change the gears up or down.”
“Completed our needs for a foldable, electric bike to keep in our touring caravan.”
“This is a really great little bike.”
“A wonderful bicycle done over 2 hundred miles on it i the last 3 week with no problems.”
“It folds really small, seems sturdy, goes well. Really pleased with it.”
BIKFUN Folding Electric Mountain Bike
- ✔ Front And Rear Mechanical Disc Brakes
- ✔ Bright LED Headlights And Horn
- ✔ Compact and Lightweight Foldable Bike
- ✔ Arrives 85% Assembled
- Three Modes to Meet Diverse Needs: There are three working modes, among which are normal mode, electric mode and power assistance mode. The modes can be switched at any time and just enjoy your trip with your mind.
- More Flexible Design: Compact and lightweight, this lovely bike is foldable and can be taken away after folding and put in the trunk of a car. Adjustable handlebars and saddle heights suitable for different heights of people.Battery can be removed for easy charging. The bright LED headlights and horn are ideal for night cycling.
- Brake and Gear Shift System: Electric folding bike is equipped with mechanical disc brakes on the front and rear, and that features it perfect climbing ability and high shock absorption, and achieve fast braking once you press the brake.
- Battery and Motor System with High Performance: The 36V / 7.8Ah lithium battery is equipped with an intelligent charger, and your bike will be full of energy by chargeing only for 4 to 6 hours; 250W high speed gear motor with lower power consumption could able to reach a speed up to 25 km/h.
- Installation and Customer Service: This ebike achieves 85% of assembly. Fast delivery allows you to get your loved bike as soon as possible. The main electrical devices, e.g. batteries and electric motor, are guaranteed for one year. And you are welcome to contact us if you have any problems!
The BIKFUN Folding Electric Mountain Bike has an approximate radius of 15 to 30 miles on a full charge and can reach a top speed of 15mph. The 36V 8Ah lithium battery is removable and takes approximately 4 to 6 hours to fully charge. The lithium battery powers a 250W brushless high speed geared motor that previous customers have described as ‘silent’ which is great because no one wants a constant ‘moped’ noise while they’re out and about.
The bike folds away for easy storage or transportation. We think this is a great bike and is cheaper than many of the competitors that have similar features. Well worth considering.
Lixada HIMO C20 Folding Electric Bike
- ✔ 250W Powerful Electric Motor
- ✔ Up To 19mph
- ✔ 10Ah Lithium Battery Allows 31 Mile Range
- ✔ Front And Rear Mechanical Disc Brakes
This electric bike is constructed from aluminium alloy, strong enough to support a maximum user weight of 100kg. The bike features 250W powerful motor, 25km/h max speed, Shiman0 shifting system and double braking system. With collapsible design, this electric bike is very convenient for commuting.
The Lixada HIMO C20 electric bike is built from aluminium alloy. This makes it strong enough to support the maximum rider weight of 100kg. The HIMO C20 features a powerful 250W motor with a top speed of 19mph. The 10Ah lithium battery allows for a range of up to 31 miles on a single charge in full electric mode. The onboard battery management system keeps the battery in tip top shape and makes sure that it doesn’t get overcharged. Ensuring a longer service life.
The HIMO C20 has front and rear bright LED lights to added safety at night. The highly performant mechanical disc brakes stop the bike quickly and effectively adding to the assurance that this bike is extremely safe.
Lixada have designed a bike that is perfect for those short, urban, daily commutes to work or the shops. The HIMO C20’s foldable nonslip pedals and handlebars help make for easy storage. Whether at home, the office or in the car boot, you’ll be able to fold the HIMO C20 away in even the smallest of spaces.
We think it’s a strong example of what you can get for an average budget. What do you think?
FIIDO D2S Folding Electric Mountain Bike
- ✔ Front And Rear Mudguards
- ✔ 250W Powerful 36V Motor
- ✔ Strong Rustless Aviation Aluminium Alloy Frame
- ✔ High Quality Front And Rear LEDs For Extra Vision At Night
- Variable Speed Bicycle & rear-shock absorber
- The D2S foldable electric bike with 6 speeds on-demand gets you wherever you need to go with the smooth-shifting indexed SHIMANO derailleur. It’s your best choice for uphill climbing, downhill riding, or pure acceleration. The foldable electric bike add rear-shock absorber for improve riding comfortableness. Adopting brushless and toothed motor, lower power consumption, 20% longer battery life than normal brushless and toothless motor.
- Outstanding Range and Speed
- The foldable electric bike has 250W powerful motor 36V & 7.8Ah lithium lion battery easily help you to drive up to 25km/h. High capacity battery design can ride 40km mileage in pure electric (depending on weight). Three modes of riding [Electric, moped ( power assist system ) and manpower modes] for your different need, it is ideal for getting around the city and short distance travel.
- Perfect for Storage
- Full electric bicycle frame is aviation-aluminium-alloy, strong and rustless. The bicycle is only 19.5KG, maximum load up to 120KG. Smaller after folding three times, foldable electric bike it allows you to simply store inside the tightest of places like compact vehicles, under the desk, on subways, making the bike very manageable when storing (folding size: 75 x 35 x 65 CM).
- Safety Guarantee
- Our folding ebike front and rear fitted with high quality LED lights for night. With USB phone holder, power monitor, speed control in the handle. Adjustable heights of handlebar and saddle for different heights of people. Inflatable 16 inch rubber tire with anti-slip texture, great shockproof effect, giving you a comfortable riding experience in steep roads. Disc-brake also ensure electric bike braking distance is reduced adding to the safety of the rider.
the FIIDO D2S offers excellent strength given by the invoice of the materials used, with aluminium frame and rubber inserts.
In this sense, the seat and the handlebar give excellent feedback. Compared to the past (FIIDO D2), the performance of these last two inserts has been improved with the presence of a more stable handlebar and the addition of a display to replace the ignition key. Despite some improvements, however, the “precariousness” of the hook remains closed to close the hinge of the bike. In general, however, the build quality is to be appreciated and a step above the other e-bikes in this price range.
FIIDO D2S electric bicycle comes with 250W ground-breaking engine offers a quick speed of up to 25km every hour. There are three modes Pure electric mode; Cycling mode; Power help mode. it also has the 7.8AH lithium battery permits 20-35km territory in unadulterated electric mode, 40 – 50km territory by power help mode. FIIDO D2S electric bicycle comes With a USB mount on the handlebar intended for holding your cell phone helpfully. it can be Customisable seat stature suits various riders. The Suspension framework diminishes stun for an agreeable ride. There is 6-level speed move to suit for various street conditions. the design is perfect and made of Aluminium amalgam development for outrageous sturdiness. Max. load: 120kg. The Effective circle brake in both front and back wheels for more secure braking and riding. FIIDO D2S electric bicycle Overly splendid LED fog light and backlight for included wellbeing during the evening. Three stages speedy collapsing, collapsible for simple stockpiling and transport. Perfect for urban, driving, short outing, shopping, and day by day use.
The electric bike FIIDO D2S can count on three different driving modes: assisted, full electric and one that relies totally on human effort. As you may have guessed, the last mode is based only on pedalling and assumes an important value since the bike – unlike its predecessor – offers the Shimano exchange to 6 reports. On the other hand, pedal assistance uses both the motor and the effort made by the user and is recommended when traveling on long, slightly steep sections.
The last mode, the most energy-intensive one, is the full electric which makes full use of the engine to run. In this mode the FIIDO D2S however it differs from other e-bikes, offering three different modes distinguished by the Low, Medium and High buttons. These modes, selectable directly from the handlebar, will allow you to reach some standard speeds and more precisely you will reach a maximum of 10 km / h by setting Low, 15 km / h with Medium and 20 km / h by selecting High.
- Motor power: 250W;
- Maximum speed 25 km / h;
- Built-in 7.800 mAh battery;
- 16 inch tires;
- Three driving modes;
- Shimano 6-speed gearbox;
- LED front light;
- Aluminum alloy frame;
- Supported weight: 120 kg;
- Bike weight 19 kg;
- 135 dimensions x 40 x 110 cm;
- Front / rear disc brake;
- Rear shock absorber.
FIIDO M1 Electric Mountain Bike
- ✔ LED Screen Ensures Nighttime Visibility
- ✔ Fat 4" Tyres Give This Mountain Bike Great Off Road Grip
- ✔ 250W Motor
- ✔ 7 Speed Professional Transmission System
Dual Shock Absorption Structure
equipped with cst20 * 4.0 tires,52 tooth chain disk and Shimano 7-speed transmission with good shock absorption effect and riding stability.
Built-in detachable rechargeable, a large battery capacity of 12.5ah at most, with a long endurance.
Three Riding Modes
Pure electric mode, riding mode, and electric power-assisted mode. When the accelerator is turned, it is automatically electric mode; without the fuel gate, stepping on the pedal is electric power-assisted mode.
The body is made of high-strength aluminum alloy, light and rust-free; the body supports folding in half, which is suitable for most of the car’s back-up carriages.
250W Brushless Motor
lower power consumption, 20% stronger endurance and larger starting torque.
Dual Disc Brake
Front and rear dual disc brake, more stable and effective brake.
Fiido is based in Shenzhen, China and is a relatively new name in electric bikes. The M1 is the only full-suspension model aimed at off-road riding.
That should be obvious from the seriously wide four-inch tyres, though their thickness is accentuated because these are 20in wheels, not the 26- or 29in rims you typically find on mountain bikes. So the M1 is an unusual beast. It’s a folding, electric bike with compact wheels that has proper off-road aspirations.
When folded, the M1 measures 960x790x450mm. So it is no Brompton. It isn’t trying to be a Brompton, to be fair to Fiido, and the mere fact that it folds makes it a lot easier to get it into your car, or on a train. The handlebars and pedals fold, too, and there’s a built-in stand beneath the crank which keeps the bike upright when folded.
More on that shortly, but the battery itself has a larger-than-average capacity of 12.5Ah. Compare that to the 8.8Ah battery supplied as standard with the Carrera Vengeance-E. Bigger batteries take longer to recharge, and from empty you’ll be waiting about 8-9 hours for the M1’s to reach 100%.
You can remove the battery when the bike is folded for charging separate to the bike. The key is required to remove it, as well as for turning on the ignition: the electronics will not power on unless you insert the key and turn it to the correct position.
Fiido claims a range of up to 100km which is almost certainly unobtainable, even in the perfect test conditions it specifies for this figure. A more realistic real-world range for road riding is around 40-60km / 30-40 miles, so long as you are pedalling the whole time. Expect around half of that for off road, which is much tougher.
Given the weight and fat tyres, the M1 is surprisingly sprightly. The motor offers a good amount of torque and easily propels you up hills. I say you, but what I really mean is me, and I weigh slightly less than the 70kg Fiido uses for the maximum range calculations.
It’s also supremely good fun to ride off road: not necessarily for actual mountain biking, but for woodland trails and any surface that isn’t tarmac. If you want a bike mainly for road riding, there are better choices.
LANKELEISI G650 Folding Electric Mountain Bike
- ✔ Multifunctional LCD Computer Screen Showing Live Ride Data
- ✔ 400W Electric Motor
- ✔ Powerful 48V 10Ah/14.5 Lithium Battery
- ✔ Frame And Forks Have 3 Years Warranty
Be Advised - Possibly Low StockBuy From Amazon.co.uk
or Choose Your Preferred Region
- Multi-function Display: Equipped with LCD bike computer, so you can check the riding data more conveniently. For example, speed, battery level, and odometer, you can also switch the pedal assist level according to the road condition.
- Powerful Lithium Battery: 48V 10.4Ah/14.5Ah are alternative, you can enjoy a longer riding. And you can charge the battery directly on the bike, also can take down it to charge. Usually it can be fully charged in 5-8 hours.
- Three Riding Modes: Fully electric mode, pedal assist mode and manual labor mode, you can switch modes at will.
- Configuration: Shimano derailleur gives you a good riding experience. Front and rear disc brake system effectively reducing the braking distance. Ergonomic saddle makes the seat more comfortable and reduces the pressure of sitting for a long time.
We really like this bike. It can ride for days! We’re seeing reports of up to 28miles on a single charge!
What’s even better is you’ve always got the choice to manually pedal, so if you did forget to turn home before that magic 14 miles mark, no sweat. You can simply pedal your way home.
A full suspension with front and rear mud guards is a lovely surprise don’t you think? Some folding bikes trade ride comfort for portability, be it very small wheels, poor brakes or relying on the tyres to take care of the bumps for you. The LANKELEISI G650 has a full suspension and front and rear mechanical disc brakes. pair that with the front LED light and you’ve got a terrific riding experience.
It’s not the cheapest bike on the market but you can’t expect it to be with all the perks and benefits that come with it. Check it out for yourself!
Best Folding Bikes Under £200Folding bikes under £200 are extremely well suited for peop...
Best Folding Bikes Under £300Folding bikes under £300 are extremely well suited for people living in urban environments as they can be easily transporte...
Best Folding Bikes Under £500Folding bikes under £500 are extremely well suited for people living in urban environments as they can be easily transporte...
- RICH BIT RT860 Folding Electric Mountain Bike
- Jannyshop Folding Electric Bike
- eelo 1885 Folding Electric Bike
- BIKFUN Folding Electric Mountain Bike
- Lixada HIMO C20 Folding Electric Bike
- FIIDO D2S Folding Electric Mountain Bike
- FIIDO M1 Electric Mountain Bike
- LANKELEISI G650 Folding Electric Mountain Bike