Critical Cycles Fixed-Gear Road Bike Review (August 2020)
Critical Cycles Fixed-Gear Road Bike
- ✔ Steel Frame
- ✔ Double Walled Stainless Steel Rims
- ✔ Low Profile BMX Pedals
- ✔ Bullhorn Handlebars
- Premium handbuilt steel fixed gear single speed track frame with barspin clearance, water bottle mounts, no toe overlap, and horizontal drop outs
- Super deep-V double wall rims with stainless steel spokes and flip-flop rear wheel hub allows changing from single-speed to fixed gear with ease
- Low profile VP Platform BMX pedals, sealed bottom bracket, wander tires, KMC chain, Promax brake, 3 PC crank, and lightweight alloy chain wheel
- Pursuit bullhorn handlebars with soft Kraton rubber grips for ultimate comfort and urban comfort saddle
- Comes 85% built, comes with the tools you need to build and maintain your bicycle
The Critical Cycles Fixed-Gear road bike has two rare and someone unique features that are worth noting on this review. The bullhorn handlebars are an interesting design and really does remind me of bull riders. You feel like you’re riding on top of this bike which I suppose is like any other and yet it is somewhat different. The other is the low profile BMX pedals. We can’t quite put our finger on the reason why these particular pedals were decided upon however they are nice and the ridges and grooves grip to your cycling shoes nicely.
The Critical Cycles Fixed-Gear road bike comes with Wander tyres a KMC chain, Promax brakes and lightweight allow chain wheel. All in an attempt to keep this bike light and nimble.
We think as a beginners bike, it’s a great option. It has a ton of positive reviews and so we give it a huge thumbs up.