Probike Folding City Bike Buyers Guide Review (January 2021)
Probike Folding City Bike
- ✔ Front And Rear Mudguards
- ✔ Rear Cargo Rack
- ✔ Front And Rear Lights
- ✔ Twist Shifters
- Intended Use: The folding system is a revolution in the realm of riding. It is easily stored due to its small folded size and easily transported in your car or in public transport. You could use it for commuting to work, meeting friends or going on vacation.
- Key features: Steel folding frame, Shimano Tourney rear derailleur, Front and rear lights, Rear carrier,6 Gears, V-brakes, “wrist change” shifter, Assembly instructions in 5 languages, Assembled at 90 %, Enhanced packaging for extra protection.
- Recommended for: This model is suitable for people with height of 130 – 180 cm.; above the age of 11 years.
- Geometry: Wheel Size: 20 Inch; Adjustable Seat Post Length: 64 – 98 cm.; Seat Tube: 31 cm.; Reach: 62cm Stack: 98 cm.
- Safety Compliance: Produced in the European Union in accordance with the EU’s bicycle safety regulations; The manufacturer is ISO 9001:2008 certified.
The Probike folding city bike is a great option for those on a tight budget. If you’re looking for a bike that doesn’t cost the earth yet offers a comfortable ride and has the customer reviews to prove it. This might be the bike for you.
As with all folding bikes, the Probike folding city bike comes with the added convenience of being easily stored when not in use. Folding the bike away is a hassle free and straight forward task that doesn’t take a long time to complete.
We’ve found a video to help you complete the final stages of configuration, straight out of the box.
[smartvideo src=”https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8pcu2tKMAg” width=”426″ height=”240″ controls=true]
The bike comes with some nice extras like the front and rear mudguards to help avoid any water or debris reaching you or your clothing. The last thing you want if you’re using the bike to get to work is to arrive with wet clothes or shoes. A rear cargo rack for carrying your luggage, no need to carry all your things on your back. It also comes with front and rear LED lights. Which is great for evening or night time commutes in and out of the city.
Although this model only comes with V brakes it’s difficult to fault the Probike as mechanical disc brakes are way outside of the budget this bike is targeting. If it were to be given mechanical disc brakes you could expect to pay far more for the bike to accommodate the additional expense. Instead the V brakes allow the price to remain low and from previous customer reviews it would seem the V brakes work perfectly fine. This isn’t a racing bike so we wouldn’t suggest riding at high speed. Folding bikes can be weaker than most conventional road bikes as they have several joining components rather than a single piece frame.
Overall we’re very impressed with the Probike folding city bike. It’s comfortable, well received by previous and current owners and above all else it’s available at a great price for those on a tight budget. Check it out.