Pashley Princess Sovereign City Bike Review (August 2020)
Pashley Princess Sovereign City Bike
- ✔ Handmade Leather Saddle
- ✔ Hand Crafted Wicker Basket
- ✔ 8 Speed Gearing Hub
- ✔ Lights Run Off Hub Dynamo
The Princess’s timeless looks and upright riding position hearkens back to a simpler time of relaxed trips into town, tranquil jaunts into the countryside and an altogether more peaceful style of cycling.
A sense of refinement and elegance runs through every aspect of the Princess. It is fitted with a combination of beautifully enamelled, hand-lined mudguards and rear skirtguards to keep you dry whilst preventing any mishaps as you glide through your surroundings. Also included is a full chain-case, which protects you from any unsightly grease marks and reduces any maintenance your bicycle may need. The Princess therefore represents the perfect marriage of beauty and practicality, making owning and riding this cycle the utmost pleasure.
The Princess Sovereign model comes with the full complement of 5 or 8 wide-ratio hub gears, a handy frame-fitted lock, a versatile rear luggage rack and a front dynamo headlamp that never needs batteries.
The styling of the Princess has been used at Pashley since our very earliest days in the 1920s, and as a result it is plain to see that the design has stood the test of time. The combination of this classic reliability with hand-built quality and the very best modern components makes the Princess an unrivalled cycling experience that will charm you with years of comfort, dependability and joy.
Some of the princess sovereign’s key features include;
- Classic step-over frame design with elegant upright riding position
- Large ‘ding-dong’ bell
- 5 or 8 speed hub gears
- Classic wicker basket
- Classic front lamp and rear LED light
- Low maintenance hub brakes and gears
- Traditional style mudguards
- Reflectors for added visibility
- Versatile rear carrier
- Protective skirtguard
- Traditional Brooks B66s sprung leather saddle
- Convenient frame-fitted lock
- Classic frame-fitted pump
- Easy-to-park propstand
- Fully-enclosed protective chaincase
- Robust tyres with extra puncture protection and reflective side-walls