Top 2 Best Road Bike Shoes Over £100 (October 2020)
Road-shoe soles are typically stiff (for maximising pedalling efficiency) and smooth (no tread equals lighter weight). Many—mostly higher-end models—utilise a triangular, three-bolt cleat-mounting pattern that’s compatible with the most common road-pedal systems—Look, imitation Look, and Shimano. Some road shoes offer a four-bolt sole compatible with ‘Speedplay’ pedals. Low- to midrange road shoes often have a two-bolt pattern, in addition to a three-bolt pattern, to also accommodate mountain bike-style cleats. This allows the rider to use dual-sided pedals (which are easier to step into) as well as pedals that have a clip less mechanism on one side and a platform on the other (for shorter rides in regular shoes).
Giro Solara II
- ✔ Lots of colours available
- ✔ A nice shoe for all levels, beginners to experts
- ✔ A very competitive price
- ✔ Designed specifically for women
- Moulded Eva footbed with medium arch support
- Dupont Zytel nylon with standard 3-bolt mount
- strong and secure n-1 ratcheting buckle closure and n-2 strap (replaceable)
- High-quality, breathable microfibre
- 270 grams
The Solara II is built with the same comfortable ft as our premium shoes, thanks to a supple upper and a micro-ratcheting, low-profile buckle that offers precise ft adjustment. The upper is now welded and bonded, resulting in fewer seams for reduced hot spots and improved comfort. A supportive EVA footbed with Aegis anti-microbial treatment is matched with our stiff Dupont Zytel nylon outsole to create an efficient, powerful platform for transferring energy to the pedals. It’s a great choice for enthusiasts or recreational riders who are on the road to becoming dedicated cyclists.
Giro Solara II Outer Material Made From High-Quality, breathable microfibre, the different parts are fully taped and glued, such as the heel and toe cap are sewn N 1 integrated ratchet buckle for perfect fit and optimal power transfer and a dual velcro closure The offset D ring loop on the upper Velcro closure it improves pressure distribution and eliminates pressure areas, the outer sole made from DuPont Zytel? Nylon is 25% stronger than traditional nylon soles in the same weight Moulded EVA Footbed with medium arch support and anti-bacterial AEGIS fabric.
Fizik Tempo Overcurve R5
- ✔ Designed for all types or paved roads
- ✔ Timeless look and versatile performance
- ✔ Foot-wrapping Velcro closure design
- ✔ Synthetic
- Over curve: asymmetrical construction that ergonomically conforms to the foot’s anatomy
- Microtel upper: supple yet strong and durable for a comfortable and consistent fit
- R5 nylon composite outsole: delivers balance between Comfort And pedaling efficiency
- Tempo: versatility road series designed for the most enjoyable riding experience
- Road: designed and engineered to perform on paved roads, from the smoothest tarmac to the most demanding pave
- Outsole – R5 carbon reinforced nylon
- BOA IP1-B dial
- Outer Material: Microtex / Reflective Heel Cap
- Closure: hook_&_loop
- Approximate weight – 253g
Tempo Overcurve R5 is quick-fit road cycling shoe to suit every rider and every ride.This shoe has been designed to deliver the essential timeless look and versatile performance to make every outing an enjoyable ride. The classic considerations of a road shoe have been redefined with a distinct fi’zi:k identity and a smart form-fitting construction.Overcurve is a shoe construction featuring a staggered collar that wraps around the ankle, tracing the natural misalignment of the ankle’s two bony protrusions: the lateral and medial malleoli. The result is an asymmetrical shape, with the throat of the shoe curving over the foot from its outside to its inner side. The closure is fast and secure, powered by a micro-adjustable BOA IP1 dial and a Velcro strap for a fine tune fit of the forefoot area.The R5 Nylon composite outsole is supple and comfortable even in the long haul but without compromising pedalling efficiency. Fit: Normal Season: Year-round items.
This product is loved by existing customers.
“Very comfortable road shoes with easy to use fastening system.”
“Clean look with true to life colours.”
“The carbon reinforced sole is very stiff and give a smooth transfer of power into the pedals.”
“The shoes are very easy to put on, adjust and take off.”
“I love the fastening system.”