Top 2 Best Road Bike Shoes Over £100 (April 2021)
Road-shoe soles are typically stiff (for maximising pedalling efficiency) and smooth (no tread equals lighter weight). Many—mostly higher-end models—utilise a triangular, three-bolt cleat-mounting pattern that’s compatible with the most common road-pedal systems—Look, imitation Look, and Shimano. Some road shoes offer a four-bolt sole compatible with ‘Speedplay’ pedals. Low- to midrange road shoes often have a two-bolt pattern, in addition to a three-bolt pattern, to also accommodate mountain bike-style cleats. This allows the rider to use dual-sided pedals (which are easier to step into) as well as pedals that have a clip less mechanism on one side and a platform on the other (for shorter rides in regular shoes).
PEARL IZUMI Men's Cycling Shoe v5
- ✔ Ventilation holes
- ✔ Silvadur anti-microbial sheet for bacterial resistance
- ✔ Synthetic
- Synthetic build
- Synthetic sole
- Shaft measures approximately low-top from arch
- Synthetic leather collar lining and closed cell foam padding helps shed sweat and water
- Hook-and-loop closure
- Updated PE sockliner with Silvadur anti-microbial top sheet material for added durability and bacterial resistance
- Added ventilation holes in lasting board for enhanced breathability
Pearl iZumi took the clean, modern aesthetic of their best selling road style, amplified the materials and construction to endure the challenging environment of both indoor and outdoor cycling. The result is a cycling shoe engineered specifically to perform in humid, hot conditions.
Some existing customer reviews
“The quality of the shoe is excellent and the feel on the bike is solid at all times.”
“They look and feel great. Using the Shimano cleats they are awesome.”
“The shoes have two small stainless steel screens in the bottom to let the sweat drain out; a great feature.”
“Not too tight and not too small, it is very comfortable.”
Giro Solara II
- ✔ Lots of colours available
- ✔ A nice shoe for all levels, beginners to experts
- ✔ A very competitive price
- ✔ Designed specifically for women
or Choose Your Preferred Region
- Moulded Eva footbed with medium arch support
- Dupont Zytel nylon with standard 3-bolt mount
- strong and secure n-1 ratcheting buckle closure and n-2 strap (replaceable)
- High-quality, breathable microfibre
- 270 grams
The Solara II is built with the same comfortable ft as our premium shoes, thanks to a supple upper and a micro-ratcheting, low-profile buckle that offers precise ft adjustment. The upper is now welded and bonded, resulting in fewer seams for reduced hot spots and improved comfort. A supportive EVA footbed with Aegis anti-microbial treatment is matched with our stiff Dupont Zytel nylon outsole to create an efficient, powerful platform for transferring energy to the pedals. It’s a great choice for enthusiasts or recreational riders who are on the road to becoming dedicated cyclists.
Giro Solara II Outer Material Made From High-Quality, breathable microfibre, the different parts are fully taped and glued, such as the heel and toe cap are sewn N 1 integrated ratchet buckle for perfect fit and optimal power transfer and a dual velcro closure The offset D ring loop on the upper Velcro closure it improves pressure distribution and eliminates pressure areas, the outer sole made from DuPont Zytel? Nylon is 25% stronger than traditional nylon soles in the same weight Moulded EVA Footbed with medium arch support and anti-bacterial AEGIS fabric.